BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Credit where credit is due

I rant about Fedex and other delivery services often enough, so when they do something above and beyond, it's only fair that I make note of that, too.

I ordered a micro-PC from B&H Photo in NY. Since it was over $500, I thought sure that B&H would require a signature. I paid the $5 fee through Fedex.com to have the PC delivered after 5PM today. Around 10AM, which is when Fedex usually delivers, I got a call from our Fedex driver. He said he was in my neighborhood and wanted to know if there was a specific reason I wanted the late delivery. I told him I assumed he need a signature and I couldn't be there all morning waiting for him, so I set up the late afternoon delivery. He told me B&H didn't specify a signature was needed, so he could just leave it on our porch if I wanted. Otherwise he would be back later. I only work 7 or 8 minutes from my house, so I told him to leave it and headed home. He was just pulling out of my neighborhood as I pulled in. So I got my PC earlier than expected and had a chance to get it all set up today instead of having to wait until tomorrow.

It's a small thing, I know. But it was cool of him to call me and give me the option of getting my package earlier. Tip of the hat to that driver.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 5
Sea-Tac1453.00
Hawkeye2069.50
Kyngofpop676.00
      08-30-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

For me Fedex and UPS usually care the most. I had so many packages coming through that the UPS driver would walk around my house for me and put them on my back deck which was greatly appreciated. It's nice when they care about their job and the customers
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #3
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I rant about Fedex and other delivery services often enough, so when they do something above and beyond, it's only fair that I make note of that, too.

I ordered a micro-PC from B&H Photo in NY. Since it was over $500, I thought sure that B&H would require a signature. I paid the $5 fee through Fedex.com to have the PC delivered after 5PM today. Around 10AM, which is when Fedex usually delivers, I got a call from our Fedex driver. He said he was in my neighborhood and wanted to know if there was a specific reason I wanted the late delivery. I told him I assumed he need a signature and I couldn't be there all morning waiting for him, so I set up the late afternoon delivery. He told me B&H didn't specify a signature was needed, so he could just leave it on our porch if I wanted. Otherwise he would be back later. I only work 7 or 8 minutes from my house, so I told him to leave it and headed home. He was just pulling out of my neighborhood as I pulled in. So I got my PC earlier than expected and had a chance to get it all set up today instead of having to wait until tomorrow.

It's a small thing, I know. But it was cool of him to call me and give me the option of getting my package earlier. Tip of the hat to that driver.
Exactly...credit where credit is due. FedEx and UPS drivers for the most part work their butts off. I make sure to give them cold water or a Coke if I'm home and I see them when the deliver.

I wish I could say nice things about BH but I can't. Not a happy camper with them now. But that's another story for the photog thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 10:24 PM   #4
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

It's almost never the drivers I have issues with. (Used to be a UPS driver myself.) It's the seemingly inane delivery methods that get me. Especially the "last mile" crap they give to the USPS. To save money on "the last mile," my packages go through Champaign, which is an hour north of here, all the way to Missouri where they bounce around for a few days before making it back to our local PO. That crap is what drives me nuts.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0