E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > First Ever UK Meet - Sign Up Here!!

04-17-2006, 08:50 AM   #243
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
You really do have too much spare time on your hands - very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Had a play with a new Australian e90 advert & came up with this! (Thanks JamieA)

Enjoy.

Viv
      04-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #244
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
You really do have too much spare time on your hands - very good.
Haha! Thanks Paul.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 10:15 AM   #245
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sports

Viv, you are making me feel really lazy. I have just spent the last ten hours doing nothing but sitting on my butt. Nice work anyway.
      04-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #246
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingdwarf
Viv, you are making me feel really lazy. I have just spent the last ten hours doing nothing but sitting on my butt. Nice work anyway.
Well Craig, it is a Bank holiday- may as well make the most of it!

Any ideas about driving to a pub nearby for a drink & a chat?

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #247
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Here's a pic of mine- .........Funny how the slightest amount of detergent gets the brake discs coated.
I also had found this happened the first time I cleaned them on my Benz two weeks ago. Believe or not, drive and brake the car for 30 secs, the disc will shine again like a mirror
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2006, 12:27 PM   #248
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
I also had found this happened the first time I cleaned them on my Benz two weeks ago. Believe or not, drive and brake the car for 30 secs, the disc will shine again like a mirror
Isnt it a pity the rest of the car doesnt clean itself as you drive it. Oh well, gives me something to do in my spare time!
      04-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #249
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
I plan on attending Saturday. Got my cleaner kit. Will be bringing a DeWalt vacuum with extra batteries but I'll make no guarantees on its efficiency.

If anyone is interested, my mobile is 07798 798563.

Cheers,
F
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #250
Mickey
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
FlyingDwarf said:
Thats great news. Where are you coming from? There are at least two convoys planned at the moment. One from the North, starting around yorskshire, and one from down south, north of london i believe. Sure you could join either of these if you fancy. No probelm with the guests I am sure. Will you all be staying for the traditional English meal afterwards?
Although I appreciate the reminder about the convoys, I think I will come up by myself. As a "fur-in-errr," I couldn't begin to know where the junctions and such are on these roads. I'll just put the destination in the Navi and keep my fingers crossed (it hasn't let me down yet - knock wood). That way, if I get lost, no one is waiting on me...

And yes, we are planning on the "traditional" English meal afterwards. Oh, and the quotes are for you, Viv, as I have discovered that Indian/curry is a big fave here.

One thing I have to ask - this is a rain-or-shine event, right? 'Cause I have found that it really doesn't rain here ... it just annoyingly drizzles. So, planning on bringing an umbrella - just in case...

Marilyn
      04-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #251
Flyingdwarf
First Officer
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
One thing I have to ask - this is a rain-or-shine event, right? 'Cause I have found that it really doesn't rain here ... it just annoyingly drizzles. So, planning on bringing an umbrella - just in case...

Marilyn
Oh yes, an umbrella I hadnt thought of that. I have a couple of these so I better remember to bring them too. And yes, it is a rain or shine event. Cant let a little drizzle waste all this hard work and planning, even if it is incredibly unlikely!? Glad you are all hanging around for dinner too!
      04-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #252
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Although I appreciate the reminder about the convoys, I think I will come up by myself. As a "fur-in-errr," I couldn't begin to know where the junctions and such are on these roads. I'll just put the destination in the Navi and keep my fingers crossed (it hasn't let me down yet - knock wood). That way, if I get lost, no one is waiting on me...

And yes, we are planning on the "traditional" English meal afterwards. Oh, and the quotes are for you, Viv, as I have discovered that Indian/curry is a big fave here.

Marilyn
It certainly is a rain-or-shine event Mickey!
More likely rain than shine, but I don't think that will spoil things too much!

Just to let you all know- everyone who has replied so far thinks the plate covers are a good idea, so I'll go ahead ask my friend to get them printed.

The Indian restaurant is booked for 20 people at 7pm on the Saturday night- if this is too late, it can be changed anytime up till the Saturday afternoon.

We just need to sort out where to go & what to do between Donington & the Indian!
I was thinking of an afternoon drink & some food at a pub nearby somewhere.
Anyone know anywhere suitable????

Cheers.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #253
ric1
Deserter - my other car is a VW
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d MSpt LMB

Unhappy Man down due to a VW

All,

Unfortunately I am going to have to drop out for the Saturday meet up due the other machine in my garage. I had promised the missus and some friends that we would be going camping in my VW Van. Unfortunately, my lady prefers the van to my e91, so my suggestions for the alternative of Donnington this weekend got no consideration at all.

I would post a picture of the camper but do not want to upset the performance feel of the website (the Campers 0-60 time is about 5 working days).

Hope it goes well and you are up for meeting again. I look forward to seeing the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2006, 08:36 AM   #254
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
dont look like i am gonna make it m8 just come back from manchester and my car is not too good, something with the turbo they think but its in the garage as i speak i have told them about this meet but all i have is a mini and they dont want the miles on it so that sucks, i will find out but thurs or fri, i hope u have a good time viv, we will meet up again i hope and do this again,
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2006, 11:48 AM   #255
ric1
Deserter - my other car is a VW
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d MSpt LMB

Good news

All,

Update on the potential no show for my e91. Just spoken to the ball and chain and she has cancelled the weekend in the Camper. Something to do with some important shopping or something.

I've been given a free pass for the day - deep joy.

Hope to see you 12pm at Donnington. Does anyone know a good car wash near by? Driving from Bristol can be a dirty job.

Ric out
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #256
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch
dont look like i am gonna make it m8 just come back from manchester and my car is not too good, something with the turbo they think but its in the garage as i speak i have told them about this meet but all i have is a mini and they dont want the miles on it so that sucks, i will find out but thurs or fri, i hope u have a good time viv, we will meet up again i hope and do this again,
No problem jj.
Hope your car gets sorted.
Having a mini would be quite good in the shots!

Anyway, it'd be great if you can make it, but I'm sure we'll meet up again, hopefully in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric1
All,

Update on the potential no show for my e91. Just spoken to the ball and chain and she has cancelled the weekend in the Camper. Something to do with some important shopping or something.

I've been given a free pass for the day - deep joy.

Hope to see you 12pm at Donnington. Does anyone know a good car wash near by? Driving from Bristol can be a dirty job.

Ric out
Apparently Ric, there's a jetwash at the entrance to the airport, 5 minutes from Donington Park.
I'm sure our convoy will stop off there on the way.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2006, 02:30 PM   #257
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Please could you post your names, so we know what we can call each other at the meet!

A few members have had car problems, stopping them coming to the meet, unfortunately.

It seems we may now have two of our American brethren at the meet- Floyd (SoYank) & Marilyn (Mickey).
Based on comments for the first UK meet so far, here are the current likely 15 attendees:

• beauforty (Paul) 330iSE Tiag
  • vivekk (Viv) 330iSE Tiag Bringing Autoglym shampoo & Extra Gloss Protection, Meguiars NXT kit, polishing cloths
  • 1stnewcar (Paul) 320dSE SG Bringing wheel cleaner & wheel brush
  • Flyingdwarf (Craig) 320d M Sport SB Bringing Autoglym kit, Flexi Blade, polishing cloths
  • ric1 (Ric) 330d e91 M Sport LMB
  • JonMad (Jon) 320dSE
  • MMVI (Gary) 325i SB
  • jhbodle (Jay) 325iSE SG
  • Hitman999 (Hiten) 320iSE
  • 0003SAS e91 320d ER
  • paddywac (John or 'Pads') 320d M Sport SB
  • OilBurner (Matt) e46 320dSE SG
  • SoYank (Floyd) 330iSE MB Bringing cleaning kit & portable vacuum cleaner!
  • Mickey (Marilyn) 330iSE TiAg
  • MattOz (Matt) 330d M Sport LMB

Occasion:
"First" e90post.com UK meet
Venue: Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Date: Saturday April 22nd
Time: 12pm

Address:

Donington Park Leisure Ltd.
Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit
Castle Donington
Derby DE74 2RP

Last edited by vivekk; 04-20-2006 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2006, 02:39 PM   #258
CardinalZeus77
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.2 Carrera S

Garage List
Hello all,

I can now confirm that I will be coming to the first UK meet. I will be able to stay for the first few hours and then will have to return to work. Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday ... lets hope the weather is good but don't forget your brolleys!
Sold: F80 M3 Black Sapphire/Sakhir Orange
Sold: E92 M3 Jerez Black/Fox Red Leather
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #259
Steve r
E91
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Touring

Garage List
Sorry all but i will not be able to make it Saturday. I'm off to warmer climbs Friday night, :mad:

I'll be back in November if all goes well so hopefully you'll be having another meet towards the end of the year.

Hope alot of people/cars turn up and i'll hopefully see the pics and vid on the net when i get a day off out there and be dead jealous.

Hope you all have a gr8 time..

All the best Steve

Attached Images

04-20-2006, 01:07 PM   #260
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Steve,

What can be a warmer climate than being with new friends?

Surely that isn't "dirt" on your front bumper, is it?
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #261
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve r
Sorry all but i will not be able to make it Saturday. I'm off to warmer climbs Friday night, :mad:

I'll be back in November if all goes well so hopefully you'll be having another meet towards the end of the year.

Hope alot of people/cars turn up and i'll hopefully see the pics and vid on the net when i get a day off out there and be dead jealous.

Hope you all have a gr8 time..

All the best Steve

No problem Steve.
Have as good a time as you can over there under the circumstances.
We'll take some good pics & video for you.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2006, 04:34 PM   #262
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
one more shout for e90's et al from cheshire/stockport etc/ joining the M1 after chesterfield??
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2006, 08:28 AM   #263
SteveG
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Hi Folks,

Long time since I last posted.

It was me who suggested Donnington originally and I will try to dip out of work for a couple of hours to meet up with you guys. If i do I'll be the OAP at 46 I'm sure !!!!

Just a quick note on the pubs in the Derby area. Give them a miss. Not good. Hope that hasn't offended anyone ??

If you fancy a short drive down the M1 to J23 (Loughborough) there is a really nice country pub called the Wheatsheaf in Woodhouse Eaves. It serves sandwiches and some lovely hot food. Only problem is they stop servicng food at 2.30pm on Saturday so you would need to be away from Donnington at say 1.30pm.

http://www.wheatsheafinn.net/home.htm

Alternatively you could go to ye Old Bulls head which does food all day and has just re-opened after a major re-fit. You would pass it on way to The Wheatsheaf and agin it's off J23.

http://www.woodhouse-eaves.co.uk/tour/$bullsph.htm

To get to either you need to head south from Donnington down M1 to J23. At top of slip road turn right onto A6 towards Loughborough.

Take first right at traffic lights onto Snells Nook Lane.

At next lights go straight on (into open country with woods each side)

At T junction turn left onto Beacon Road. Carry on down this road for about three quarters of a mile and the Bulls Head is on the corner facing you at the next major right turn which is Main Street.

If you stay on Main Street past the Bulls Head through the village and out the other side you come to a long down hill stretch. Half way down this is the Wheatsheaf on your right.

Hope this is of use.

Won't have time to wash mine before and if I do get there so it will look a mess.

Have fun !!!!!

Steve.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2006, 09:09 AM   #264
MattOz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Alpina G21 D3S

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
Let's hope the bloody weather improves!