BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #133
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

No tint for me. I'm getting CA and I dont need the problems.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 08:45 PM   #134
FreeBMW.net
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

anyone with this issue have a resolution yet??
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #135
mikead_99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 SMG 135i

I guess I could see metallic tint causing problems with CA, but I don't think I buy into the too much water in the door theory. I haven't seen the inside of the 1 doors, but most (all?) cars have sheet metal between the trim panel and the space they place the electronics. This would keep the water off anything related to CA IMO.

FWIW, I did just get Formula 1 ceramic installed all around on my car, and even though I made the statement above, I asked that they try to minimize the water in the door. The installer said he would try, but no guaranties. Regardless, the installation is great and CA still works like a charm.
      07-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #136
zivilyn861
*void
Rep
Drives: 135i

I don't have a tint on my car. CA works fine on both doors, but it has about a 35-40% chance of working on the trunk. I haven't been able to identify what's going on with it. Not too much of a hassle, but it still may provide an additional data point given that I don't have a tint.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #137
trashcan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I have found that keeping my key in my right pocket and literally standing closer (not leaning forward, but almost humping the door) helps.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 12:09 AM   #138
trashcan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I received a JD Power survey today. I listed keyless entry as broken. The only other option was "difficult to understand" which didn't quite match.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #139
morscode
Got Boost?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 x3 m40i

Disclaimer, I didn't read most of this thread as it's a big long.

I don't think the issues are related to tint, although I can't speak for metallic tints.
I purchased ceramic tint and my CA acts the same.

The doors work fine, sometimes it takes a second to lock the car. Most of my issues are with the trunk. I've noticed that it depends on the location of the key fob. Mine is always in my right pocket and low because I'm 5'9 and sag my pants a bit most of the time. When I lift up my right leg (yes it looks goofy and like i'm letting off some steam), it works phenomenally.

The manual states to have the key job in your jacket pocket as an example. Why jacket and not pants? As with what I've found, the height of the fob matters
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 08:38 AM   #140
mikead_99
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 SMG 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mor View Post
Disclaimer, I didn't read most of this thread as it's a big long.

I don't think the issues are related to tint, although I can't speak for metallic tints.
I purchased ceramic tint and my CA acts the same.

The doors work fine, sometimes it takes a second to lock the car. Most of my issues are with the trunk. I've noticed that it depends on the location of the key fob. Mine is always in my right pocket and low because I'm 5'9 and sag my pants a bit most of the time. When I lift up my right leg (yes it looks goofy and like i'm letting off some steam), it works phenomenally.

The manual states to have the key job in your jacket pocket as an example. Why jacket and not pants? As with what I've found, the height of the fob matters

I think you nailed it, the system works, but has some blind spots depending on fob placement. I keep the fob in my left pocket. Locking the doors work 100% of the time if I face the car, but doesn't work all the time, or takes longer if I have my body turned with that leg away from the car. The trunk is hit or miss for me, probably works flawlessly 75%, but I am a couple of inches taller than you. If it doesn't work either stepping back from the trunk a little or yeah, standing taller works. CA works well for me overall, but I do have to understand and work around some of its limitations.
      08-12-2008, 09:43 AM   #141
135iPSU
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
ya sometimes i have the hit the the trunk handle a few times for it to actually open, sometimes its very annoying
      08-12-2008, 10:12 AM   #142
mergen
Upstart
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

The trunk is different from the doors in that there is a switch that must be depressed to open the trunk. This is the switch that controls the trunk latch even without CA. You can feel the switch clicking when you push on it. The switch must be depressed, even with CA, to get the trunk latch to open. When I give it a good squeeze it takes about half a second after it clicks for it to release the trunk latch. On the doors, just a light touch does it. On the trunk, it takes more to depress the release switch. My salesman pointed this out to me when I picked the car up and I was glad that he did. I'd have been expecting the same action as on the doors with CA, but it is different.
Appreciate 0