BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #23
jerryGP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

I dont see South Africa in the list. We got around 70. Any real numbers?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:28 AM   #24
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryGP View Post
It's hard to say since for some reason BMW only used localization id for Australia and England/Ireland on 1M. South Africa uses localization id L824A which was not used on any of the 1M built.

What are your last 7 characters of the VIN. There might be some option combination that would make it possible to identify South African cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #25
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Ooooh, that 452 for UK could be contentious.

Is that Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland which is included?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #26
SickFinga
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Ooooh, that 452 for UK could be contentious.

Is that Northern Ireland or Republic of Ireland which is included?
There were 452 cars built with the option code L812A National version England / Ireland.

I have no idea which Ireland it means.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #27
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
There were 452 cars built with the option code L812A National version England / Ireland.

I have no idea which Ireland it means.
Cheers!

There were two cars for BMW GB (one white and one orange) produced ahead of the others however I believe these still had the "One of 450" plaques.

Wonder where the other two came from...........
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #28
SickFinga
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Cheers!

There were two cars for BMW GB (one white and one orange) produced ahead of the others however I believe these still had the "One of 450" plaques.

Wonder where the other two came from...........
My guess is that the two UK cars with the option "S9ACA - Camouflaged pre-production vehicle" are not included.

VP75400
VP75405
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #29
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

My owner's manual is in English but the car was delivered in Chile. Because I wanted it to be so, since you can choose that at the time of order. Also I put the deposit and ordered the car while I was in Turkey. Others could have done so as well, for instance the Danish 1M, I bet there are more than 1 car there.

I doubt the accuracy of numbers derived from manuals/languages/DVD codes or so but anyway should give a rough idea, just not a definitive one.

I think tiny Portugal took as much as Brazil or even so for example which both speak Portuguese. For Brazil initial quota was just 25 cars, don't know it changed that much during 2012.

It would be really good if we could just obtain some information directly from Munich to clear this once and for all.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #30
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
My owner's manual is in English but the car was delivered in Chile. Because I wanted it to be so, since you can choose that at the time of order.
At the time of my order I deliberately requested to get the English version of the owner's manual. So they changed that for me in the order form (no Dutch or French version). And indeed I got the English version.

Dutch, French and German are national languages of Belgium. And then there is also French and German for Luxembourg.

Furthermore, I can imagine that expatriates prefer a manual in their own language, instead of in the main language of the country where they purchase the car.

So indeed, the language of owner's manuals is no reliable tool for accurate country figures, but rather allow "guesstimates".
      10-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #31
Stephan735i
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 3x 540i/6 E34 + 550iA E60 LCI

Quote:
My owner's manual is in English but the car was delivered in Chile. Because I wanted it to be so, since you can choose that at the time of order. Also I put the deposit and ordered the car while I was in Turkey. Others could have done so as well, for instance the Danish 1M, I bet there are more than 1 car there.

I doubt the accuracy of numbers derived from manuals/languages/DVD codes or so but anyway should give a rough idea, just not a definitive one.

I think tiny Portugal took as much as Brazil or even so for example which both speak Portuguese. For Brazil initial quota was just 25 cars, don't know it changed that much during 2012.

It would be really good if we could just obtain some information directly from Munich to clear this once and for all.
I don't think Portugal got no way near as many 1M as Brazil, maybe not a single one. Brazil is a large BMW M market and Portugal is almost none existent, at least for M3 E92, M5 E34. It's easy to see through the codes if a car went to Brazil.

Your car most have a delivery country (Turkey?) which in BMW records shows as export country. There are cars that goes on export immediately when they arrive to there destination. I saw that one of the 1M in Philippines is an USA-car. It should still stand as a USA-car.

Through BMW INPA each and every 1M could be check were it was exported I have asked a friend to check the last 1M, but no answer just yet. If we pull together this can be done on all or cars with question marks, there should be a lot of BMW employees here/or that everyone knows?!

The Swedish VINs can be checked at www.carfax.se to see if the cars are here or not, cars with S885 have arrived in Finland and Norway so the 139 number is probably slightly lower. SickFinga; Could you send me the Swedish VIN:s?

Regards Stephan
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:11 PM   #32
SickFinga
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan735i View Post

The Swedish VINs can be checked at www.carfax.se to see if the cars are here or not, cars with S885 have arrived in Finland and Norway so the 139 number is probably slightly lower. SickFinga; Could you send me the Swedish VIN:s?

Regards Stephan
Thanks for the carfax tip. I use it the same way for US/Canada other countries are a plus.

I can't send PM messages right now as I'm a new user.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #33
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
I don't think Portugal got no way near as many 1M as Brazil, maybe not a single one. Brazil is a large BMW M market and Portugal is almost none existent, at least for M3 E92, M5 E34. It's easy to see through the codes if a car went to Brazil.

Your car most have a delivery country (Turkey?) which in BMW records shows as export country. There are cars that goes on export immediately when they arrive to there destination. I saw that one of the 1M in Philippines is an USA-car. It should still stand as a USA-car.

Through BMW INPA each and every 1M could be check were it was exported I have asked a friend to check the last 1M, but no answer just yet. If we pull together this can be done on all or cars with question marks, there should be a lot of BMW employees here/or that everyone knows?!

Regards Stephan
My car might be a bit different. It is counted neither in Chilean nor in Turkish quotas. It is a diplomatic car from BMW Direct Sales. We buy from factory and we tell them the delivery country which was Chile in my case. But my car is not Chilean spec. It is a regular German/Euro based car which has a few difference in standard/optional equipment list. These cars can be designed almost fully a la carte as long as factory and first destination country rules do not contradict. I doubt there are any other diplomatic 1Ms than mine but who knows.

And you are wrong about Portugal, there are M cars there, I even remember Portuguese 1M owner Forum member(s) posting. Brazil is a huge market but not on "small" sports car segment, they do not prefer compact cars especially when they costed around or more than 150,000 USD (Brazilian 1M price at the time of launch).

I know you can deduct lots of info. by using those methods but believe me there are misleading details and like most people here I would like to know for sure the "exact" total production numbers as well as real country specific numbers. If you find these I will congratulate you first and most
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #34
speedyjoe
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3/1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Official figure: 6,331 1M's produced (initially 2,700 scheduled).
(source: http://www.bimmertoday.de/2012/07/29...-in-java-grun/), quoted here: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=724478).

Comparison: E046 M3 CSL: 1,383 produced (including 29 pre-production examples).
if this figure is correct, I am the one out of 6331 lucky dude in this world..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #35
Stephan735i
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the carfax tip. I use it the same way for US/Canada other countries are a plus.

I can't send PM messages right now as I'm a new user.
I friend of mine check all US M5 3,6 (1678st) to see if they were alive and were they were and found cars exported to South America, some african country, at the time running carfax.com was free.

You can send the file to 540i6e34@gmail.com

For cars with russian language to check if they are in Estonia this page can be used

https://vs.lkf.ee/pls/xlk/SYSADM.LK_...kindlustuskate there M-cars sold in the Baltic stats with russian lanugauge but in the total number of 1Ms they will be very few. But could still be interesting before we got someone willing to check 1M:s in INPA.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #36
Starholic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: TIME RXR, 1M...VO

Wow...228 for S.Korea!...That many? Hmm...

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #37
Stephan735i
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
My car might be a bit different. It is counted neither in Chilean nor in Turkish quotas. It is a diplomatic car from BMW Direct Sales. We buy from factory and we tell them the delivery country which was Chile in my case. But my car is not Chilean spec. It is a regular German/Euro based car which has a few difference in standard/optional equipment list. These cars can be designed almost fully a la carte as long as factory and first destination country rules do not contradict. I doubt there are any other diplomatic 1Ms than mine but who knows.

And you are wrong about Portugal, there are M cars there, I even remember Portuguese 1M owner Forum member(s) posting. Brazil is a huge market but not on "small" sports car segment, they do not prefer compact cars especially when they costed around or more than 150,000 USD (Brazilian 1M price at the time of launch).

I know you can deduct lots of info. by using those methods but believe me there are misleading details and like most people here I would like to know for sure the "exact" total production numbers as well as real country specific numbers. If you find these I will congratulate you first and most
They diplomatic cars are difficult and might be put in a different catagory I know about a M5 Touring E61 that has S885 Swedish language sold in Norway to a diplopmat that toke it with him to Turkey had it there for 3-4 years and than sold it unregistered to a Danish cardealer and here in Sweden there are a 2003 535iA E39 bought by the Kuwait ambassy through diplomatic sales (only 535i E39 sold new here).

The exact total production number is known if not a another series is missed (6342st) SickFinga went through all the series with a program to see colors and now country/language version. Are all equipment lists taken out? If they are it's easy to see if there are missing cars like the VU18100-series.

I have taken out every equipment list on 540i E34 except US and RHD Automatics and the figure are the same as the produktion meldung http://www.flickr.com/photos/4638654...in/photostream

About Portugal do we have VINs for the Portuges 1M:s? Some cars are of course sold there and 1M is the lowest priced M so it should be higher than M3, M5, M6 numbers.

Stephan
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #38
SickFinga
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I friend of mine check all US M5 3,6 (1678st) to see if they were alive and were they were and found cars exported to South America, some african country, at the time running carfax.com was free.

You can send the file to 540i6e34@gmail.com
Look like the ability to send PM is available for me right now. I'll PM you the list. Already ran it against the Swedish carfax

Quote:
For cars with russian language to check if they are in Estonia this page can be used

https://vs.lkf.ee/pls/xlk/SYSADM.LK_...kindlustuskate there M-cars sold in the Baltic stats with russian lanugauge but in the total number of 1Ms they will be very few. But could still be interesting before we got someone willing to check 1M:s in INPA.
I know about that site, in fact I'm originally from Estonia. I ran all the VINs with the Russian owner's manuals and none of them are in Estonia. I check the Estonian ministry of transportation and it shows that there is only one 1 M Coupe is registered in Estonia.

Quote:
My car might be a bit different. It is counted neither in Chilean nor in Turkish quotas. It is a diplomatic car from BMW Direct Sales.
Unless your car has a specific localization option in the built sheet I doubt you'll find out to what market specs it is built. I have a built sheet for my M3 that I got from a BMW service manager and it lists sales dealer ID and sales country. I doubt this information will be available to public and I doubt any employee will agree to run a data scraper under their account since it might be a fireable offense.

Quote:

The exact total production number is known if not a another series is missed (6342st) SickFinga went through all the series with a program to see colors and now country/language version. Are all equipment lists taken out? If they are it's easy to see if there are missing cars like the VU18100-series.
I'm not going to 100% guarantee my figures but I'm pretty sure it is correct now. In fact the VU18100 series was not unknown to me, I had it on my VIN range database, I just missed when I was scrapping for data.

Last edited by SickFinga; 10-06-2012 at 03:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #39
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
I'm not going to 100% guarantee my figures but I'm pretty sure it is correct now. In fact the VU18100 series was not unknown to me, I had it on my VIN range database, I just missed when I was scrapping for data.
So... when I add up your production numbers(a few posts above) the total 1M production comes to: 5,604 units for the entire world.

Is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #40
SickFinga
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
So... when I add up your production numbers(a few posts above) the total 1M production comes to: 5,604 units for the entire world.

Is that correct?
No, the total is 6342

UR91 - 4155
UR92 - 1204
UR93 - 983

If you are counting the owner's manuals it does not include cars with the owners manual in English and Portuguese languages

Last edited by SickFinga; 10-05-2012 at 06:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:31 AM   #41
aeros
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
About Portugal do we have VINs for the Portuges 1M:s? Some cars are of course sold there and 1M is the lowest priced M so it should be higher than M3, M5, M6 numbers.

Stephan
Hello!
I can give you some info about Portuguese 1M's!

Inicial quota was 36 cars, but I guess the economic crisis lowered this numbers!
In the end, Portugal got 28 cars.

Since I got mine from the dealership, I've been trying to spot every other 1M. At the moment I've registred 25 portuguese 1M's and 3 imported cars.

Portuguese cars are:
11 AW
9 BSM
6 VO
(3 are missing)

Imported cars are:
2 AW (1 imported from germany)
1 VO - imported from Spain

Hope I can help with this info!!
Ivo
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #42
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

interesting information, thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #43
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeros View Post
Hello!
I can give you some info about Portuguese 1M's!

Inicial quota was 36 cars, but I guess the economic crisis lowered this numbers!
In the end, Portugal got 28 cars.

Since I got mine from the dealership, I've been trying to spot every other 1M. At the moment I've registred 25 portuguese 1M's and 3 imported cars.

Portuguese cars are:
11 AW
9 BSM
6 VO
(3 are missing)

Imported cars are:
2 AW (1 imported from germany)
1 VO - imported from Spain

Hope I can help with this info!!
Ivo
Thanks for the info; confirms what I suspected at the time.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #44
SP33DYV
Enlisted Member
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M + e46 325i Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryGP View Post
South Africa got 120 units in the end. 67 in 2011 and 53 in 2012.
Appreciate 0