BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #221
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisxy1 View Post
Thats cool; do we know how much money we get back if we order both packages? I wasn't aware that this was the case....

thx, Chris

is there any merrit to this claim?? never heard that before???
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #222
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast kiwi View Post
is there any merrit to this claim?? never heard that before???
No, there never has been, there will likely never be. No merit at all...

I think it was a misunderstanding by the poster. You cannot order standalone power seating if you've ordered the ZPP. That was the "savings" that was mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 01:46 PM   #223
phattbam
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Protonic Blue i3 REx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisxy1 View Post
Thats cool; do we know how much money we get back if we order both packages? I wasn't aware that this was the case....

thx, Chris

I dont think we actually get money back it's more of a savings compared to ordering each option individually.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #224
audisp0rta4
Rep
Drives: 05 Mazda Rx8

Does anyone know if you can actually get standalone options from different packages?

If you can, I'd like: rain sensing wipers, pwr folding mirrors and an auto dimming compass mirror.

I dont need power leather seats even though I love coral (mainly for the red door cards since I planned on replacing the seats with red racing seats).

Even if you can buy standalone options from the premium package, I'm sure theyre way overpriced like the Ipod connector etc.

Either way, I'm seriously considering buying a used Bimmer and fixing it up to my liking. Hmmm........anyone seen any N54 swaps floating around?!!
89 Nissan 240sx (sr20det) -sold
03 Ninja ZX6R 636
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #225
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

^^yeah, thats not gonna happen.. But rain sensing wipers are std. you can get a compass uni garage door opener mirror installed as a dealer option but your not gonna like the price on that bad boy..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #226
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
I want to know what premium package consists. All I really want from PP is the ambient light
me too! this could force my hand to a e92.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 08:04 PM   #227
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Just did a quick search on ZPP and found this post: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...09&postcount=5

According to the price sheet:
  • Universal garage door opener
  • Auto-dimming interior rearview mirror w/digital compass
  • Power folding exterior auto-dimming mirrors
  • Ambient lighting
  • Front power seats w/driver memory
  • Lumbar support
  • BMW Assist (with 4 year subscription)
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • Boston leather upholstery
Remember, when comparing the price of ZPP on the 135i to the 335i, that the 335i comes with power seats standards and that accounts for the price differential.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #228
ronn888
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

I took a much bigger picture of it here if anyone wants to read the fine print:

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...t=78d83e92.jpg
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 11:53 PM   #229
mjovic
Lieutenant
Rep

I love all the people complaining about the price and comparing it to a similarly equipped 335i. That's what BMW wants you to do. They want you to say "Hey, it's only $5K more for a fully loaded 335i, I'll take that instead!" You're falling right into their trap. Pricing is perfect. Those that don't want the 135i will most likely either move up to the 335i or simply look elsewhere whereas MOST other people interested in the 1er will be buying the 128. BMW will not sell that many 135i because of it's pricing strategy and that will make it a rare treat to run into on the road. I'm still undecided about it. I may just abandon BMW altogether and go for an A4 or S4 when they arrive in the fall (unless BMW announces the Tii before that happens).
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #230
Imola.ZHP
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW i3 BEV EE

^ ugh, good luck with that...

Our Audi dealer also sells VW and the service deparment is FTL!

- 2014 CPO i01 BEV Electronaut Edition Capparis White Tera World, '17-
- 2015 CPO i01 BEV Laurel Grey Tera World, '17-
- 2015 i01 REx Laurel Grey Tera World, '15-'17
- 2003 CPO 330i ZHP Imola Red Build 03/03/03, '06-'15
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #231
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjovic View Post
I love all the people complaining about the price and comparing it to a similarly equipped 335i. That's what BMW wants you to do. They want you to say "Hey, it's only $5K more for a fully loaded 335i, I'll take that instead!" You're falling right into their trap. Pricing is perfect. (...) I'm still undecided about it. I may just abandon BMW altogether and go for an A4 or S4 when they arrive in the fall (unless BMW announces the Tii before that happens).
You're right, of course - many people will fall into the trap of paying slightly more for something that they never really wanted...

But as far as the Audi goes, both the A4 and S4 will feel like boats compared to the 135i, which will blow them out of the water performance-wise. Both from a price and performance perspective, there is no point to shop 135 and A4 (go ahead, price a V6 Quattro and see where it gets you).

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc View Post
me too! this could force my hand to a e92.
You are talking about this as if these 2 cars were all but identical except for storage space - like getting the iPod 160GB instead of the 80GB version. Well, they're not.

The 335i feels heavy in driving, and steering is crap by previous BMW standards. In both these respects, from current reviews, it seems the 135i will be much better.

Paying $5k more for a 335i will indeed get you more than you've bargained for - but I'm afraid not all of it is good.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 12:49 AM   #232
mjovic
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
But as far as the Audi goes, both the A4 and S4 will feel like boats compared to the 135i, which will blow them out of the water performance-wise. Both from a price and performance perspective, there is no point to shop 135 and A4 (go ahead, price a V6 Quattro and see where it gets you).
Who said anything about the V6? The 2.0T with just a chip/intake/exhaust will get you pretty darn close to 300hp and a little more torque (320-ish). And unlike BMW parts these mods can be had pretty cheaply. We're talking $1,500-1700 total. And with quattro you can actually put all that power to the ground. And as for weight, yes it will be a bit heavier (300 lbs. or so), but you are getting a larger car, even larger than the 3 series and a sick ass interior that BMW can only dream about. So.........I think YOU need to do a little more research about what other car makers will be offering in the near future. I'm tired of BMW fanboyz constantly trashing Audi. Get a grip people. Both cars are great and can be made even greater with the right mods.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 08:30 AM   #233
reubenski
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Keep dreaming mjovic! I don't know where you got that information, but you're way off base. You might want to look up documented tuning tests using VW and Audi 2.0Ts. The reality is that these vehicles rarely push the advertised HP and Torque figures, and a chip, exhaust, and CAI will usually only gain about 20 to 30 hp more, cumulative, just putting them where they should be in the first place! To get a 2.0T up to 300 hp, I'd be willing to bet you'd have to at least upgrade the fuel pump as these engine s' fuel pumps already can't keep up with the air the turbos are pushing. After you've added all these aftermarket parts you've just voided the warranty. Why not start with a car pushing the performance you want. If you just have to spend $2000 more on parts, then start with a car pushing 300/300 stock and then enjoy the benefits.
Audi's are way over priced! Especially considering they have the same 2.0T that a VW has. The only thing Audi has going for them is Quattro. I just wish the 135i had all-wheel drive and a dual clutch gearbox. I have a GLI and am disappointed with the lack of power. I'm looking at the EVO X or the 135i. 300/300!

http://www.eurotuner.com/techarticle...20t/index.html
http://www.eurotuner.com/techarticle...ods/index.html
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #234
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The 2.0T with just a chip/intake/exhaust will get you pretty darn close to 300hp and a little more torque (320-ish).
Even if it will get 300BHP - which I seriously doubt - it will come at the expense of an uneven power delivery, because it needs to swell the midrange torque in a disproportionate manner in order to make those numbers.

A 135i with a simple $350 JuiceBox will totally blow it out of the water, performance-wise, just like I stated. It would make at least 50BHP and 40-50lbsft more, weigh 300-400lbs less and provide braking that's in a completely different league.

Go ahead, drive a heavily chipped 2.0T, then a stock BMW 3.0TT, and report any differences you find. If you don't come back impressed by the BMW unit, then by all means buy the Audi.

Quote:
So.........I think YOU need to do a little more research about what other car makers will be offering in the near future. I'm tired of BMW fanboyz constantly trashing Audi. Get a grip people.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I've owned 4 Audis in the past (and 2 VR6 Jettas), and my 98 1.8TQMS got a chip right after break-in was completed. I understand perfectly where Audis come from - I'd wager I'm more familiar with their history, models, driving characteristics etc. than you are - and I admire their efforts all across the board (especially at the high end).

I think you're just comparing numbers on paper, which mean absolutely nothing. Have you driven a 335i to sample the engine?

Simply put, the BMW N54 engine is a masterpiece, and plain better than anything Audi has below the RS4. If you like driving, the BMW will be a lot more satisfying. I know because I've been there and done that.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2007, 11:58 PM   #235
DG135I
The One.
Rep
Drives:

I want it to be Spring time already
      12-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #236
DG135I
The One.
Rep
Drives:

LOL... I Was thinking the same thing
      12-01-2007, 12:02 AM   #237
DG135I
The One.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phattbam View Post
I was really excited for the car.. now I'm just wondering which options are must haves.
WORD.
      12-01-2007, 04:30 AM   #238
Frisky Dingo
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Who said anything about the V6? The 2.0T with just a chip/intake/exhaust will get you pretty darn close to 300hp and a little more torque (320-ish). And unlike BMW parts these mods can be had pretty cheaply. We're talking $1,500-1700 total. And with quattro you can actually put all that power to the ground. And as for weight, yes it will be a bit heavier (300 lbs. or so), but you are getting a larger car, even larger than the 3 series and a sick ass interior that BMW can only dream about. So.........I think YOU need to do a little more research about what other car makers will be offering in the near future. I'm tired of BMW fanboyz constantly trashing Audi. Get a grip people. Both cars are great and can be made even greater with the right mods.
I think you would be spending more than "$1,500-$1,700 total". Even if the 2.0t is uprated to 220HP stock you would need chip, exhaust, cai and probably K04 to hit 300HP. Plus the 2.0t A4 is floaty and soft. You would need to do extensive suspension mods...coilovers...front/rear sways. You really would be talking about a serious invenstment. And it would still be maybe over 300HP and 3800ish lbs.

I really like our A3 and love Audi in general. But unless you get into something like the RS4 Audi's line-up is a little anemic, IMO.

Also, I never quite understand comparing modded cars to stock cars. Apples and oranges, yes?
      12-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #239
LivinJUGGERNAUT
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

This may be true but the only Audi that is Quattro with the 2.0T engine in America is the A4 (i assume that is the car you are referring to) and that car is a boat now. If the rumors or true, the next generation A3 2.0T may finally come with quattro. However, if it does, I'd be willing to bet you could only get the DSG tranny with it (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

So chipping, putting exhaust, etc. . . and getting almost 300 hp from a GTI or A3 is great and everything, but lets not forget how useless that power is in a front wheel drive car, I know from experience.

Reubenski, it depends on where you go with the warranty issue you brought up. . .My GTI is chipped, Turbo back exhaust, CAI, new DV, H&R race springs, different N75 valve and my timing belt broke last year and the dealer still replaced it under warranty because they new they had no way to prove my mods caused it. . .plus it is a common problem with those cars. My dealer was pretty cool though, they were the ones who told me about ECU uprades first.

Frisky Dingo, REVO chip puts 2.0T at 260 hp, plus another 15% power gain with upgraded programming and exhaust.

Good to be here, hopefully future 135i owner since the new STI and Evo are turning out to be gay and OBSCENELY over priced! I feel much better spending 35 to 40 grand on a Bimmer than a Subaru or Mitsu
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #240
reubenski
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! LivinJUGGERNAUT, easy, easy!

I'm just kidding. Word up to the front wheel drive weak sauce. What's up with the EVO X bashing, though? Thumbing your sophisticated european, nose up at the new kid?!! This is the only EVO I like. I thought the older STI and EVO look like some kind of childish Manga creation. I admire the move to a subtler styling. (almost following the european trend) I just wish or hope the EVO X will be available without the *** wing. I am absolutely not into the "racer-boy" scene, but that EVO X is is just too badass! Yeah, it is almost as expensive as the 135, but you get all-wheel drive, a semi-automatic transmission(the only thing I like about my GLI), a HDD based nav, and bluetooth ready included in the MR trim at 38K to 40K whereas you're nickel and dime-ing out the trim options with the 135, still not getting everything you want for 40K. ( Typical Schwabians) They are good at their buisness though, See? you don't mind spending an obscene amount on their cars!

Let me tell you about my dealership. They would not admit that my PCV was bad even though it was leaking air and killing the Boost pressure. But they replaced it anyway, even though it was "still within specifications", which resulted in a full 100% increase in boost pressure. It doubled boost pressure!, but the old part "was not bad". My car has been in 6 times for warranty repair before that, they are just trying to avoid replacing the vehicle. Yes, I'm talking to a Lawyer. Now, imagine if I had it chipped, lightweight pulleys, stiffer engine mounts, Forge diverter, and an aftermarket non-spec fuel pump?!!

I don't get that you don't get comparing stock to modded cars.It's a complete correlation. It's stock.....upgrade and compare performance....now it's modded. There couldn't be a more direct relation if you tried. That's why you mod, to get more performance. Now comparing a front wheel drive, 200hp car with a 135i or EVO is apples to oranges. I could see the EVO not really comparing well to a 135i, since the EVO X has the same engine size and transmission type as the GLI/ A3, but it's pushing 320 hp and has sick all-wheel drive. Whereas the 135i has icon appeal, traditional transmission, and a larger 3.0 with twin-turbo, but they do fall in the same category as far as I'm concerned,....potentially mine!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2007, 09:08 PM   #241
d-dei
Registered
Rep
Drives:

$40k and no leather??? Come on!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ster View Post
Hooray! It's all here!

Sport Pack is only a grand!!! :drinking:

$40k and no leather??? Come on...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #242
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-dei View Post
$40k and no leather??? Come on...
That's incorrect. At $35k there's no leather, but at $36.5k there is...

At $40k you can have all sorts of things... leather included.

(Although why someone would want leather over good quality cloth or alcantara, totally beats me).

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0