BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-22-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
sgw
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Using Other iPhone applications via Iphone USB

You may have already figured this out. but it was a G-Wiz moment for me.

Found out the other day that if you want to play music from other iPhone applications like pandora as you drive you need to kill the ipod application. This is done by touching the iPod application, then you will see the "Ipod Device connected"dialog. hold down the home button for a few seconds till it closes. Then you can launch your other app and have it play through the adapter. I was driving around all day listening to my pandora station stream over the AT&T 3g network in my car.

This also works for You Tube. Watching You Tube videos with car wide sound.

You will also need to turn off the auto lock function on your iPhone.

To start playing Ipod music again just select a track on your BMW head unit and the application will start playing again.

Also the first time i did this I had to kill the iPod application twice before my Head Unit would stop relaunching it.

sgw.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
C4747Z
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M & M5 Competition

thats pretty cool. I love using pandora...gonna try it when i go out to my car...
Appreciate 0