BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #23
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
In any case, if you guys are members of the 1M BMW Owners Society.....you will know that Syed Hoda will be collaborating with BMW to write a book about the 1M
I'm not sure if he is on this forum or not. However, maybe he will be able to shed some light on the subject as he research's information on the book???
Can't seem to share the link...but, here is a pic of his post announcing the book....
You refer to former forum fellow IEDEI.

Back in the early 1M days (2010-2011) forum fellows such as for example Dackelone, eeghie, ozinaldo, M3 Adjuster, Dee Pee, Aussie_in_London, EINSER M, ayao, myself and many other forum fellows tried to gather loads of information, discovering all things 1M. Alike early settlers of 'La Santa ///Maria' discovering new land overseas, trying to unearth all sorts of 1M facts, experiences and stories. Virtually all of that can still be retrieved in the 1M section archives and stickies.

IEDEI joined in 2013 (USA), became very active in the 1M section and wanted to know everything about the 1M. He bought a VO 1M in 2014 (see here) and enjoyed going through, as well as adding input to, the 1M 'library vaults' over here. We had mutual respect and interesting discussions.

So, yes, he is definitely very knowledgeable and passionate about the 1M. And I do recall that he expressed the idea to write a book about the 1M someday.

Unfortunately, in 2014 he got temporary banned by the powers that be (see for example here). Main reason, AFAIK: in his comments he sometimes got very defensive about the 1M, a staunch 1M defender who sometimes pushed the envelope with 'spicy' comments about other BMW models.

And later he got another temporary ban. Late January 2016 I posted the following supportive post (which was deleted, together with the complete thread):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Damn, I sincerely think that IEDEI should not be banned.
Yes, he truly adores his 1M and the M2 clearly did not win him over yet. But he's a good fellow and he minds his language.
I'll try to get him back on board.
A month later the ban was apparently lifted (likely it was just a ban with automatic reactivation after a preset 'cool down' time period) (deleted post):
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
I heard back from him. Sounds like a hypersensitive reaction...please email moderators and tell them how he is a great contributor to this forum.
I think Artemis has contacted them when we first noticed he got banned. I was in that thread. I, and others, have commented on the ban and our comments were deleted shortly after.
As soon as I noticed the ban [of IEDEI] I immediately inquired and asked whether the ban could be lifted. To no avail. I'm no moderator.
To use pirate terms: no walking the plank (fatal) but marooned (back in the pirates days euphemistically called "to be made governor of an island") for some time.
So yes, he will be back later this year. Hopefully he still wants to join again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
hello!!
Aha, back from 'Exile on ///M street'.
Good to have you back on board. Let's kick off the return with this article:
http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/bm...ther-m-models/
But subsequently he quickly got banned again, this time for an indefinite period of time (see for example here).

IEDEI, should you ever come across this comment: greetings from an old friend of the early 1M days. I hope you're doing well and that you still love to bits your cherished VO 1M. Good luck with your 1M book project !
EINSER M377.00
ayao627.50
1M Tex240.00
      10-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #24
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Wow! Some serious history here.

Well, he seems to be alive and well and a very active member of the group....pretty sure he started it on FB.

In any case, you and others should join!

Maybe he will be able to gather some details about production numbers while he research's his book???
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #25
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
For example the 1M MotoGP Safety Cars (EURO-spec): there's at least one on display at BMW Welt which BMW sometimes fires up for a loud victory lap.
The MotoGP car is VP74912

Quote:
Maybe he will be able to gather some details about production numbers while he research's his book???
The production numbers have been known for over half a decade. I don't know why this is still a topic of coversation. The only unknown, at least to me, is which VIN belong to which Individual car.

You can do your own math, or start pulling build sheets on your own. The VIN ranges are

UR91
VP74900=>VP75399
VS62500=>VS64399
VU18100=>VU18199
VU25800=>VU27454

UR92
VP75400=>VP75899
VS71700=>VS72099
VU28100=>VU28403

UR93
VP75900=>VP76399
VS96400=>VS96599
VT47600=>VT47882

Oh, and the official press release car is acutally a 135i test mule with the VIN VE99659
Appreciate 4
Artemis28913.00
Tornado1M1206.00
ayao627.50
      10-07-2018, 05:44 PM   #26
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
Oh, and the official press release car is acutally a 135i test mule with the VIN VE99659
Some 1M test mules (2010):

10-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #27
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
In any case, if you guys are members of the 1M BMW Owners Society.....you will know that Syed Hoda will be collaborating with BMW to write a book about the 1M
I'm not sure if he is on this forum or not. However, maybe he will be able to shed some light on the subject as he research's information on the book???
Can't seem to share the link...but, here is a pic of his post announcing the book....

Back in the early 1M days (2010-2011) forum fellows such as for example Dackelone, eeghie, ozinaldo, M3 Adjuster, Dee Pee, Aussie_in_London, EINSER M, ayao, myself and many other forum fellows tried to gather loads of information, discovering all things 1M. Alike early settlers of 'La Santa ///Maria' discovering new land overseas, trying to unearth all sorts of 1M facts, experiences and stories. Virtually all of that can still be retrieved in the 1M section archives and stickies.

IEDEI joined in 2013 (USA), became very active in the 1M section and wanted to know everything about the 1M. He bought a VO 1M in 2014 (see here) and enjoyed going through, as well as adding input to, the 1M 'library vaults' over here. We had mutual respect and interesting discussions.

So, yes, he is definitely very knowledgeable and passionate about the 1M. And I do recall that he expressed the idea to write a book about the 1M someday.

Unfortunately, in 2014 he got temporary banned by the powers that be (see for example here). Main reason, AFAIK: in his comments he sometimes got very defensive about the 1M, a staunch 1M defender who sometimes pushed the envelope with 'spicy' comments about other BMW models.

And later he got another temporary ban. Late January 2016 I posted the following supportive post (which was deleted, together with the complete thread):
Quote:
Damn, I sincerely think that IEDEI should not be banned.
Yes, he truly adores his 1M and the M2 clearly did not win him over yet. But he's a good fellow and he minds his language.
I'll try to get him back on board.
A month later the ban was apparently lifted (likely it was just a ban with automatic reactivation after a preset 'cool down' time period) (deleted post):
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PUTT View Post
I heard back from him. Sounds like a hypersensitive reaction...please email moderators and tell them how he is a great contributor to this forum.
I think Artemis has contacted them when we first noticed he got banned. I was in that thread. I, and others, have commented on the ban and our comments were deleted shortly after.
As soon as I noticed the ban [of IEDEI] I immediately inquired and asked whether the ban could be lifted. To no avail. I'm no moderator.
To use pirate terms: no walking the plank (fatal) but marooned (back in the pirates days euphemistically called "to be made governor of an island") for some time.
So yes, he will be back later this year. Hopefully he still wants to join again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
hello!!
Aha, back from 'Exile on ///M street'.
Good to have you back on board. Let's kick off the return with this article:
http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/bm...ther-m-models/
But subsequently he quickly got banned again, this time for an indefinite period of time (see for example here).

IEDEI, should you ever come across this comment: greetings from an old friend of the early 1M days. I hope you're doing well and that you still love to bits your cherished VO 1M. Good luck with your 1M book project !
i miss these forums sometimes
Artemis
Appreciate 4
Artemis28913.00
ayao627.50
Dackelone10511.00
///BYU268.50
      10-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #28
dkat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2000 BMW Z8, 2011 1M, 2020 Por

Back to the original question on the thread, I'm down for the decal #/740. Seems fine to me. If that represents # sold or at least the generally accepted #. After all, who is going to call you out on it?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #29
analogue
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkat View Post
Back to the original question on the thread, I'm down for the decal #/740. Seems fine to me. If that represents # sold or at least the generally accepted #. After all, who is going to call you out on it?
That's fine, but we are not certain which 21 VINs should be excluded from the 761 total produced to get to that arbitrary total. That means I can't tell you what your exact sequence number is out of 740. We can tell you with certainty if you want to know xxx of 761.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #30
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Hey guys!

Quick update...Mike from AutoXgraphics is having a hard time putting this together due to the M Colors. He is going to try a few options and get back to me. However, he's going to do that when he has some free time.

It would be easy if everything could just be one color....black, white, orange ect. However, doing the M Color is a challenge.....really it's all 3 colors together is the difficult part with what equipment he has to work with.

Will update again when I hear back from him!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 06:57 PM   #31
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

A month later the ban was apparently lifted (deleted (likely it was just a ban with automatic reactivation after a preset 'cool down' time period)post):

I find it humorous that Somehow the FORUM moderators don't know their own forum works.

So tell us Artemis was it " likely" a temporary ban or was it ACTUALLY a temporary ban?

There are currently 8 moderators in the M2 forums.

Dackelone ; southlight ; @Sam@bimmerpost ; @Paul-Bracq-BMW ; mkoesel ; GT3 Tim ; Law and yourself.

it shouldn't be that hard to confirm why @IEDEI was banned.. (AND BY WHOM) as well as posting what forum rule it was that he violated.. Assuming that there actually was a rules violation and it wasn't simply being booted by a " moderator" that's too overly sensitive to allow free speech? (read:" BUTTHURT by negative comments about the M2) .

So.. Who are the " powers that be" that are unnamed above or are the aforementioned powers that be, simply Bimmerpost " moderators " those that hide behind skirts using anonymity and deleted posts.. ?

Moreover.. if there was no actual violation of a posted forum rule... and he was banned for zero cause by a butthurt moderator.. I have no idea why IEDEI would ever return to this forum after such treatment.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 07:33 PM   #32
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I find it humorous that Somehow the FORUM moderators don't know their own forum works.

So tell us Artemis was it " likely" a temporary ban or was it ACTUALLY a temporary ban?

Dackelone ; southlight ; @Sam@bimmerpost ; @Paul-Bracq-BMW ; mkoesel ; GT3 Tim ; Law and yourself.

it shouldn't be that hard to confirm why @IEDEI was banned.. (AND BY WHOM) as well as posting what forum rule it was that he violated.. Assuming that there actually was a rules violation and it wasn't simply being booted by a " moderator" that's too overly sensitive to allow free speech? (read:" BUTTHURT by negative comments about the M2) .

So.. Who are the " powers that be" that are unnamed above or are the aforementioned powers that be, simply Bimmerpost " moderators " those that hide behind skirts using anonymity and deleted posts.. ?

Moreover.. if there was no actual violation of a posted forum rule... and he was banned for zero cause by a butthurt moderator.. I have no idea why IEDEI would ever return to this forum after such treatment.
I can tell you right away that the moderation team here doesn't use the banhammer (especially permaban) liberally.

For starters, you would have to have consistently broken forum rules (i.e., personal attacks, nudity, etc.) on multiple occasions (often after ignoring warnings or prior infractions) to be subject to a ban.
Of course, this also depends on severity. If your behavior is completely overboard (i.e., angrily written direct racist attack combined with other insults on another member), then at that point, you probably deserve an outright ban.

Spam/spam bots, fraudulent accounts, impersonators, and persons with duplicate accounts would be examples of instances where a user would be subject to a permanent ban without warning.

For everyone else, I can't recall an instance where a moderator got "butthurt" and utilized his powers to ban a member as retaliation.
Of course, moderators are humans too with our own opinions (as you may sometimes see in our posts), but when it comes to forum rules and the heated debates and arguments that have to be dealt with, moderators have to act impartially, and objectively.
We may post our 2 cents and opinions and may even disagree with some members in ordinary discussion, but when it comes to moderation duties, they are two separate things. Moderation comes down to good forum discourse and forum rules.

Therefore, no matter how much a member has contributed, or how much he may be valued in a particular forum/community, moderators cannot and will not turn a blind eye to cases that are violative of forum rules.
So back to the topic at hand, IEDEI was permanently banned from this forum because he violated forum rules: inciting remarks, personal attacks, etc.
This wasn't a case of a moderator overstepping boundaries, as IEDEI was given plenty of chances to correct his behavior, but chose to continue to be a disruption.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      10-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #33
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Quote:

I can tell you right away that the moderation team here doesn't use the banhammer (especially permaban) liberally.

For starters, you would have to have consistently broken forum rules (i.e., personal attacks, nudity, etc.) on multiple occasions (often after ignoring warnings or prior infractions) to be subject to a ban.
Of course, this also depends on severity. If your behavior is completely overboard (i.e., angrily written direct racist attack combined with other insults on another member), then at that point, you probably deserve an outright ban.

Spam/spam bots, fraudulent accounts, impersonators, and persons with duplicate accounts would be examples of instances where a user would be subject to a permanent ban without warning.

For everyone else, I can't recall an instance where a moderator got "butthurt" and utilized his powers to ban a member as retaliation.
Of course, moderators are humans too with our own opinions (as you may sometimes see in our posts), but when it comes to forum rules and the heated debates and arguments that have to be dealt with, moderators have to act impartially, and objectively.
We may post our 2 cents and opinions and may even disagree with some members in ordinary discussion, but when it comes to moderation duties, they are two separate things. Moderation comes down to good forum discourse and forum rules.

Therefore, no matter how much a member has contributed, or how much he may be valued in a particular forum/community, moderators cannot and will not turn a blind eye to cases that are violative of forum rules.
So back to the topic at hand, IEDEI was permanently banned from this forum because he violated forum rules: inciting remarks, personal attacks, etc.
This wasn't a case of a moderator overstepping boundaries, as IEDEI was given plenty of chances to correct his behavior, but chose to continue to be a disruption.

It's happened to me .. so you will need to set your counter to ( at least ) one ..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #34
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's happened to me .. so you will need to set your counter to ( at least ) one ..
1. I was no moderator back in the day when IEDEI got warnings and bans, so I don't know the details of all that happened. You know that, so please do not rewrite the past. The 'powers that be' = anyone who has the capacity to hand out a warning/infraction or a ban to a forum fellow.

2. As Law righteously pointed out, moderators try to address questionable situations (which were brought to their attention or which they noticed themselves) with common sense, impartiality and fairness in the light of the house rules. Facts of life: choices are inevitable, nobody's perfect and one cannot please everyone. Many forum fellows = many personalities, each with their personal ways of expressing their views. Mutual respect is key to keeping this forum a good place. Otherwise the atmosphere within the community could rapidly turn toxic.

3. There is some indulgence/leniency regarding freedom of speech on this forum. Discussions may be intense, but there are limits which most people experience as a line that should not be crossed (for example a racist comment is outright unacceptable: zero tolerance). Allow me to let you in on a secret: it already happened that some forum fellow 'suggested' to moderators to ban you, further to comments that you had made. So far the suggestions were dismissed: being a tad grumpy or abrasive so now and then, ain't necessary being a 'nuisance'. Through your comments I always experienced you as an OK guy. But, hey, don't push it now that you know that.
Dackelone10511.00
      10-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #35
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Not to change the subject, although quite interesting and I can vouch for this gentleman as he runs the Facebook 1M page and is currently in talks with BMW on writing a book about the 1M.

Honestly feel we are missing out on having him here on the forum with his wealth of knowledge and even more with the exciting book he is working on.

However, back to the main point of this thread. Mike is going to send me a prototype of the interior sticker and I will share as soon as I receive them.

Hope they turn out nice 🤞
Appreciate 3
Dackelone10511.00
seis-speed2426.00
      10-23-2018, 06:12 PM   #36
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
1. I was no moderator back in the day when IEDEI got warnings and bans, so I don't know the details of all that happened. You know that, so please do not rewrite the past. The 'powers that be' = anyone who has the capacity to hand out a warning/infraction or a ban to a forum fellow.

2. As Law righteously pointed out, moderators try to address questionable situations (which were brought to their attention or which they noticed themselves) with common sense, impartiality and fairness in the light of the house rules. Facts of life: choices are inevitable, nobody's perfect and one cannot please everyone. Many forum fellows = many personalities, each with their personal ways of expressing their views. Mutual respect is key to keeping this forum a good place. Otherwise the atmosphere within the community could rapidly turn toxic.

3. There is some indulgence/leniency regarding freedom of speech on this forum. Discussions may be intense, but there are limits which most people experience as a line that should not be crossed (for example a racist comment is outright unacceptable: zero tolerance). Allow me to let you in on a secret: it already happened that some forum fellow 'suggested' to moderators to ban you, further to comments that you had made. So far the suggestions were dismissed: being a tad grumpy or abrasive so now and then, ain't necessary being a 'nuisance'. Through your comments I always experienced you as an OK guy. But, hey, don't push it now that you know that.
I was not re-writing the past. There is no way that I could remember (or care) when you specifically became moderator. Sorry.. you just aren't that important to me in my life..

I appreciate the response however. It's nice that YOU believe that " moderators try to address questionable situations with common sense.. " . however... what is patently obvious .. is that decisions are not based on moderator GROUP THINK.. ... in other words.. there appears to be no STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE when it comes to disciplinary action including bans.

Again.. I am pointing out to you that your statement above IS IN ERROR, because I have experienced something that is NOT in line with your belief.

Here is an example of how I would have hoped things like this would be handled.. For example.

Moderator receives info on possible infraction by a member.
Moderator reviews to determine if infraction occurred.
Moderator NOTES on a register or log that an infraction occurred and then notifies the member via warning or some other method.
I would think that a roll or account of how discipline is handed out would be in existence.
I would think that a BAN of a person would need a decision that is made by more than just a SINGLE individual.. however clearly that is not the case.

So.. as I stated previously.. if a moderator or administrator gets BUTTHURT.. then they can ban someone without anyone else knowing.

Sure doesn't seem like an open/transparent method does it?

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 10-23-2018 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #37
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Not to change the subject, although quite interesting and I can vouch for this gentleman as he runs the Facebook 1M page and is currently in talks with BMW on writing a book about the 1M.

Honestly feel we are missing out on having him here on the forum with his wealth of knowledge and even more with the exciting book he is working on.

However, back to the main point of this thread. Mike is going to send me a prototype of the interior sticker and I will share as soon as I receive them.

Hope they turn out nice ��

Tell IEDEI that M3 Adjuster says hello. I am happy to see that he has moved on. Sorry, I am not on the FACE SPACE by choice, so I will not be joining in order to be in his 1M group there.

And YES.. of course we are missing his input here... the " powers that be" are simply ummm... apparently not able to sit down properly still when thinking of @[IEDEI]

Back on topic is just fine.... The decals are awesome.. I very much like mine. (contact:209581)
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      10-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #38
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Through your comments I always experienced you as an OK guy. But, hey, don't push it now that you know that.
Quote:
I appreciate the response however. It's nice that YOU believe that
As you indicated my quote in bold I checked the urban dictionary meaning of "OK guy" ...and, unfortunately, it turns out that the slang meaning is totally the opposite of the compliment I intended. I meant a good chap. I picked it up from the hypersleep scene in the 'Aliens' movie, where a guy comforts Ripley in saying "I'm really an OK guy".

As I said, mutual respect.
      11-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #39
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep

They are in and look awesome!

Ck out new thread with pics and contact info...
Appreciate 0