E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Ready to tell BMW to keep my 330i

03-23-2006, 05:25 AM   #23
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
We often get the service that we demand. I'm not suggesting that BMW couldn't do a lot better, but it also sounds to me like most of your problems are with the dealer. My CA always called me the next day with a production number - but I certainly wouldn't have waited two weeks if she hadn't.

You need to have a conversation with your CA and the GM and tell them how dissatisfied you are with their level of service and comittment to your good buying experience. Tell them that right now they have a ZERO rating, and it is up to them to try and improve it. Make them work their asses of for you.

If they seem unwilling to do that then they don't need your money or your loyalty. Do you have another dealer that you could deal with? Think about cancelling and reordering from another dealership maybe.

It's your call, but don't cheat yourself out of a great car because of a typical lazy dealership - make them perform for you.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 05:58 AM   #24
davinet78
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Garage List
i can see that luck is not on your side but be patient wait for the car and luck will start coming your way
      03-23-2006, 07:34 AM   #25
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BMW
I feel your pain. I've only been waiting for 4 weeks and I'm already going crazy

Back in 2000 I ordered a 328 in January but the dealer never told me that I would never get that car. BMW changed the 328 to a 330 mid year so in April I had to reorder the car as a 330. Note that the dealer still had my deposit from January. My order got pushed up because other orders were before mine.

I took delivery of my 01 330CI in August - yes, 8 months after my original order!

Even after all that, I can't tell you how happy I was when I finaly got that car
That's funny you say that. We got our e46's about the same time. I ordered my 2000 328Ci in March, and picked it up June1. No one even mentioned I was getting the last one produced before the 330's. I was happy with mine, it was weird how it was a secret.

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 07:48 AM   #26
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashecnc
That's funny you say that. We got our e46's about the same time. I ordered my 2000 328Ci in March, and picked it up June1. No one even mentioned I was getting the last one produced before the 330's. I was happy with mine, it was weird how it was a secret.
Yes, back then I didn't know anything about production numbers or tracking info. If I did, I probably wouldn't have left a deposit in January.
So you must have got one of the last 328's that was built in like April or May? I think the 330's started production on June 1, but I can't remember now.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 08:00 AM   #27
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 325i, 08 328xi

Bob- Which MI dealership did you order from?

06 325i. IT'S HERE!- 08 E92 328xi, Premium, Auto, Cold- Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 08:02 AM   #28
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. BMW
Yes, back then I didn't know anything about production numbers or tracking info. If I did, I probably wouldn't have left a deposit in January.
So you must have got one of the last 328's that was built in like April or May? I think the 330's started production on June 1, but I can't remember now.
I am with you, I was given a VIN number but that is it. I just waited for the call. When I went to pick it up on June 1 he said, oh, it's 330 now....he told me my car was the last production week of 328's. Oh well, I still loved it

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 08:38 AM   #29
Bob T
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i, Jet Black, BMW Motos

A few clarifications and a status update.

When I ordered the vehicle, the dealer was up front that they did not have any Feb production 330i's available. However, they did have a few 330xi slots and said they would try to dealer trade a slot for my 330i to get built in Feb. I think they dragged their heals so it would end up out of March allocation, hence the delay.

Now, on to the good news and unfortunately bad news.

As of first thing this morning, I got a call from the sales manager saying the car was released to the carrier yesterday. So it is on its way and it should be here tomorrow.

Shortly after his call, I received a call from the sales guy. He said that he was letting me know that my vehicle was damaged in transit and was repaired at the VPC. :mad: It is the drivers door and the report said that it was either "brush fixed" or "brush repaired." So, not sure if it is one tiny mark that they used a brush to lay in some paint or what. I would have to believe a lot of vehicles get one or two little marks that they touch up in this way and that it would never be reported back to the dealer. I'm hopeful it is non-issue but kind of have my doubts since it warranted gettting reported to the dealer. Time will tell.

Thanks again for all the support here.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:27 AM   #30
Mr. BMW
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
2018 Jeep Grand Che ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T
A few clarifications and a status update.

When I ordered the vehicle, the dealer was up front that they did not have any Feb production 330i's available. However, they did have a few 330xi slots and said they would try to dealer trade a slot for my 330i to get built in Feb. I think they dragged their heals so it would end up out of March allocation, hence the delay.

Now, on to the good news and unfortunately bad news.

As of first thing this morning, I got a call from the sales manager saying the car was released to the carrier yesterday. So it is on its way and it should be here tomorrow.

Shortly after his call, I received a call from the sales guy. He said that he was letting me know that my vehicle was damaged in transit and was repaired at the VPC. :mad: It is the drivers door and the report said that it was either "brush fixed" or "brush repaired." So, not sure if it is one tiny mark that they used a brush to lay in some paint or what. I would have to believe a lot of vehicles get one or two little marks that they touch up in this way and that it would never be reported back to the dealer. I'm hopeful it is non-issue but kind of have my doubts since it warranted gettting reported to the dealer. Time will tell.

Thanks again for all the support here.
So the whole story about the new software was not true?

I would look at the car very carefully and then decide if you are going to take it or not. It could just be a paint chip on the door edge. Maybe when they opened the door they bumped another car or a wall or something. Something like that could be an easy repair and you may not even see it. If it's something bigger than that but it's something you could live with, tell the dealer to discount the car or tell him to keep it!

It sucks that you waited so long an now you get a damaged car. The other alternative is see if they can locate you another car that has the same specs that you ordered.
I know in my case it would be hard to find because I ordered Monaco blue but other colors may not be too hard to find.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:46 AM   #31
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

It seems as though you may be experiencing buyers remorse and looking for a way out of the deal. If that is the case, tell the dealer that you have waited long enough and ask for your money to be returned. If on the other hand you are truly disturbed by the longer than anticipated delay, do the same thing and buy something else.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #32
Bob T
Private
Rep

Nope, not buyers remorse. Just not thrilled with BMWNA 'tude.

I think that BMW does report any damage done at the VPC, even if tiny so I'm hopeful this is a non-issue.

The software update is holding up other cars according to my dealer. I do believe this was the major delay.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 10:07 AM   #33
M3ti Compact
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36 318ti, E90 325i

Garage List
1995 BMW 318ti  [0.00]
2006 BMW 325  [0.00]
If the cars are getting delayed- obviously the dealers will be getting pissed off too- since they don't get money until the car is delivered...they would like to help you, but with no car, what can they do for you?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #34
roburado
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Passat, '09 Cayman S

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
Thumbs down

Quote:
It start with having the worst car negotiating experience I've ever delt with...
Are you dealing with Erhard BMW?

Family History: Two E21 320i, One E28 535is, One E34 535i, One E34 540i
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #35
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

Quote:
Nope, not buyers remorse. Just not thrilled with BMWNA 'tude.

I think that BMW does report any damage done at the VPC, even if tiny so I'm hopeful this is a non-issue.

The software update is holding up other cars according to my dealer. I do believe this was the major delay.
As I recall, there is either a percentage of price or a $ threshold beyond which the manufacturer/importer must disclose pre-delivery repairs.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #36
needashower
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Until you take delivery of the car, you are not an owner and therefore you are wasting your breath by dealing with BMWNA. The accountability you are seeking can only be had from the dealer that took your order and deposit.

I wouldn't sweat the damage/repair work as this happens as a normal course of business. If you don't like what you see, you can always refuse the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #37
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Unfortunately, BMWNA doesn't get involved with problems if they can help it and regularly refers customers back to their dealer franchises. In your case, if you were getting excuses from the dealer as to why your car was delayed (sounds like an outright lie) why didn't you shop other dealers to see if they could locate a car close to your specs? I can't imagine you couldn't find a car close to what you want on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 05:08 PM   #38
JIMD1709
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 328 Coupe Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by magamaga
Just make sure you tell BMW when they call you to get your feedback about the experience. If you b_tch at the dealer big time and you tell them how bad their service was they are going to bend over big time to try to make you feel better before you actually tell BMWNA that they didn't treat you well and how messed up your order was.
Uh, hate to tell you this, but this almost never gets good results.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 06:31 PM   #39
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

It's only gonna get worse from here on out. I was on my second e46, got tired of all the BMW crap, left for Audi and was happy .... for awhile. The Audi dealers in my area are awesome compared to the BMW dealers, but AudiNA, when I had to contact them for something, were just as bad as BMWNA about doing absolutely nothing to help their customers.

Then I decided, you know, I need a fun car again I should buy a BMW again, I loved that car. (My memory only holds onto good things apparently).

Now I'm back having to deal with a cocked up dealer service network. Here are some of the completely asinine things my dealer has told me in the past few conversations:
"You can't install the alarm for the e90 yourself, you have to have a factory authorized technician do it or it voids your warranty on the entire car."
"We can't activate the alarm once it's installed, it has to be done when it comes into the port."
"We can activate the alarm but it takes all day and costs $350."
"We can't change the oil unless BMWNA approves it even if you're paying the bill."
"Sure, we can change the oil out of schedule if you want ... I think it runs (pause to make up a number) about $275 though; synthetic's expensive you know."

Bunch of chimp heads. Because the costs associated with things I've asked them to perform changed drastically depending on who I talk to, I suspect that the SA's are pocketing extra money for themselves.

On my side, buying the car was no problem, but I'd forgotten how pathetic the dealer's service dept was. Hopefully there's some competition in your area for business ... here's there's only two main dealers and they both know they've got you by the short hairs.

I really should just go buy a Honda and get into karting or something to get my driving thrills that way.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 08:56 PM   #40
06330i
fresher den you
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2004 x3

Garage List
2006 E90, 330i  [0.00]
hey bob t what part of michigan ru from? and what dealer did u order from? im from the macomb area
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 09:18 PM   #41
Bob T
Private
Rep

I stopped by my dealer at the end of the day today. Everyone there, salesperson, sales manager, and the general manager were all very decent to me. I don't believe there is any major issue regarding damage at the VPC. From what I gather, BMW does disclose to the dealer any repair work done at the VPC, no mater how small. The dealer didn't have to say anything to me but was very upfront about it. They have been joking around with me for the past several days that my car probably had damage and making light of the delay since they know I'm fussy (nice way of saying OCD). Just kind of sucked when we all found out there was some type of repair done. Again, it could be tiny and still gets reported back to the dealer.

Going back to my original and real bitch, it is with BMWNA and there unwillingness to not tell me if my car shipped or not when the "customer service rep" had the information in front of her nose and could have very easily said to me last night the my car had shipped.

Other then the order delay and tough negotiations with someone that is no longer there, my dealer has been decent. They know I'm a pain in the ass in regards to my desires (not having car detailed, getting it inside when it arrives, etc.) and have been willing to help with my wishes.

Probably by end of day tomorrow I will have my 330i and can report back all is well.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #42
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Hey Bob T, i'm in your corner, and if you guys thinks it's just the U.S it's not....BMW Japans service is just as bad......and for you other guys on the Blog to condone that kind of behaviour....shame on you....it could be a fricking 0 series it's your hard earned money, or have you forgotten that in test most lexus owners who jumped from BMW and Benz...they stated the customer service was beyond anything they had ever gotten...or has BMW forgotten about the doctor in Alabama who sued and won....untill the appeals court overturned the jury verdict....companies spend millions a year on experts to come in and "TRAIN" people for customer service....for them to treat Bob like this is just nasty...and as long as you guys say things like ....just wait man the drive will be worth the pain.....B^&&S*&H......I give you my money i expect you to give me a product....if I was Bob....I'd get with NA and say hey this is the problem.....you said on or about this day, and it aint working...I need a loaner...or I need my damn car, now if ya can't produce, I'll see ya in court..and yes they will refer ya to the sales contract and all the little crap on the back saying how they can't be held responsible for acts of god, strikes and yadee yadee yadee.......Tell em get on the ball or lose me...and while I go buy something else all this trouble, has caused me mental anguish.....shit one audi lover on the jury, and hell BMW's in for it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #43
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Bob, Jedi and anyone else who things the dealer or NA are in the wrong here, listen up.

BMW sells THOUSANDS of 3 series every month, it's not an expensive car

Your car is being made at a factory in EUROPE (or SA)
after being built, it sits and waits for a boat
after a boat trip (hopefully no storms) it arrives at a prep center
car gets initial prep
car waits for truck to take it to dealer
dealer receives car and does final prep
customer takes delivery

can you think of one or two variables or situations that may occur along that process that may delay or change the ETA of your vehicle?

You personally knowing if your car is on a boat/train/rickshaw.... will not get your car in your hands any faster.

BMW wants to get the car in your hands more badly than you want the car, nobody's delaying your delivery on purpose to piss you off or to discriminate against you.

You should have known this going into the car ordering process and prepared (i.e. not sold the family car so soon so you wouldn't be sharing a car with your wife)

The problem is not with the dealer, or BMWNA, it is with your unrealistic expectations of the delivery process
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2006, 12:44 AM   #44
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
well...glad you car is officially on the way. Make sure you look that puppy over carefully!!!! If everything looks good...put the bad experience behind you and start enjoying your new car. You waited long enough...don't let one or two lazy people ruin it all for you!!

YOu will love your car...and you will be glad you waited. Trust me...padawan!