BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #67
schmick325
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
I’m interested in learning more about these seats and how they fit.

Most importantly how it affects access to the rear seats and how they install in the car.

Great looking product.
The seat back folds forward and the bases slide forward as well when you pull the tab on the backside of the seat.

Instead of electric adjustment, its manual.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #68
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Not sure if the CSs slide fwd w/o manually using the slider. In other words tilt does not engage sliders unless OEM sliders are used and the backseat frame must have the lever.

Pic of OEM manual sliders on CS frame w/ custom brackets.
Attached Images

///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:06 PM   #69
EvoKnvl
Private
Rep
Drives: Valencia Orange 1 Series M

Received mine from Recaro Max a couple weeks ago. Amazing job and to the specs I requested. Heated and Airbags work as well.

As mentioned above, the brackets do not allow the seats to slide when the seat back is pulled forward (For rear passengers.) The lever only allows the back to quickly move forward.

Appreciate 4
CarJunkie2615.50
Aqua22.50
seis-speed2426.00
      07-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #70
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
SICK!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 2
seis-speed2426.00
EvoKnvl144.00
      07-04-2018, 01:07 AM   #71
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Max View Post
Hi there!
Are You guys still interrested in these seats? I can supply You with them...
My 1M is US spec but I live in Germany...can you send me PM with pricing for a set, shipping to 66885 in Germany?
      07-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #72
schmick325
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
Not sure if the CSs slide fwd w/o manually using the slider. In other words tilt does not engage sliders unless OEM sliders are used and the backseat frame must have the lever.

Pic of OEM manual sliders on CS frame w/ custom brackets.
Yes this is correct. There is a lever at the bottom on the back of the seat that this wire clips into and its activated when the backrest is released to fold forward.

Those parts are on an E82 coupe seat (non electric) but they will only fit up on BMW specific brackets, not normal Recaro CS ones.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #73
Zombie_Head
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E30 325i 4-Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
SICK!
Indeed!
Appreciate 1
EvoKnvl144.00
      07-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #74
10M3
Private
Rep
Drives: .

I ordered a set of those exact alcantara and orange accents seats from Ricardo Max.

Waited 3 months patiently with constant push back on date further and further... due to seat shortages from Recaro (as he said).

After 3 months I kindly requested a refund for my $500 deposit since my trust started to dwindle. Took many angry e-mails to get my money back. Was forced to open a dispute with PayPal.

Just my .05 on working with Ricardo Max.
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50
      07-30-2018, 02:40 AM   #75
EvoKnvl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10M3 View Post
I ordered a set of those exact alcantara and orange accents seats from Ricardo Max.

Waited 3 months patiently with constant push back on date further and further... due to seat shortages from Recaro (as he said).

After 3 months I kindly requested a refund for my $500 deposit since my trust started to dwindle. Took many angry e-mails to get my money back. Was forced to open a dispute with PayPal.

Just my .05 on working with Ricardo Max.
That's a bummer. I had no problems with Recaro Max. I had the same delay due to shortage. I put down my initial deposit on Apr 1. On May 23rd, the seats were finished. I received them on Jun 11. So a little over 2 months to receive from date of deposit.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 10:17 AM   #76
10M3
Private
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
That's a bummer. I had no problems with Recaro Max. I had the same delay due to shortage. I put down my initial deposit on Apr 1. On May 23rd, the seats were finished. I received them on Jun 11. So a little over 2 months to receive from date of deposit.
I am glad that you had a good experience. I wish I did because those seats look amazing.

I sent him the deposit on March 20th, with expected finish date of 4-6 weeks.
I requested the refund for my deposit on June 8th.

When I requested my refund for the deposit from him, I clearly stated that when the seats are good and ready, I would buy them right away. I simply wanted the deposit back because there was no clear end date in sight.

He refused, and after a few angry e-mails, I was forced to open a dispute with PayPal. Only then did he give me a refund.

Wish things worked out better.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #77
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Sounds like there are workflow, timetable and communication issues more than overt scamming.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 09:25 PM   #78
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
^ I ordered a unicorn BMWP part from him and it came in like 3days...all the way from Poland
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 11:11 AM   #79
Acetech
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 M3. 98 M3. 11 1M

I too had a good experience with recaro max, 5-6 weeks from deposit to delivery on full custom CS's. from Poland to NY.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
EvoKnvl144.00
      08-11-2018, 11:28 PM   #80
schmick325
Private
Rep

Recaro _max also sourced me a genuine Recaro CS Airbag and it was with me in no time.

Definitely not a scammer.

I believe the stock issues. The Australian Recaro distributor has no stock of Recaro CS's and no word on when they'll be coming in.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 07:11 AM   #81
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Hello- I've just installed these and love them.

I haven't coded them yet as most places around me have declined to do it(anyone that knows someone near Ft Lauderdale Florida that will please let me know).

Question is, heated seats aren't working and i'm wondering if thats due to coding needed or did i miss a connection; can anyone tell me if the heated seats function worked ahead of coding?
      09-21-2018, 10:57 PM   #82
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post

I haven't coded them yet as most places around me have declined to do it(anyone that knows someone near Ft Lauderdale Florida that will please let me know).

Question is, heated seats aren't working and i'm wondering if thats due to coding needed or did i miss a connection; can anyone tell me if the heated seats function worked ahead of coding?
Did you install the OEM wiring kit for the heat option? I believe there are a few pins that need to be switched around. I never installed the kit, as it was extra and I live in FL. Will PM you a guy that can code remotely. He did mine

~Chad
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 12:27 PM   #83
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Did you install the OEM wiring kit for the heat option? I believe there are a few pins that need to be switched around. I never installed the kit, as it was extra and I live in FL. Will PM you a guy that can code remotely. He did mine

~Chad
Quote:
Quote:

~Chad
Thank you, looks I need to order the seat heater harness. Didn't realize it was a separate piece 👍🏻
      09-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #84
EvoKnvl
Private
Rep

Quote:

When you press the heater button, does it stay on for a second and then turn off. What Module and harness are you using?

Another member on here helped me out a lot. You either need to pull the stock harness from your seats or order a new set. I recommend ordering a new one since it's really hard to get the stock one out. After you pull the harness, you can strip out all the excess connections. I don't recall which ones you need, but I believe you end up with 2 or 3 connectors left.

Also, you'll want to pull your stock control box. That one is easy to remove. Once you have these 2 parts, the heated seats will work. There is no coding required.

If you're referring to needing coding for the Passenger Occupancy Sensor, you can do it yourself if you have the cable and software. Otherwise, if you can get someone to help you, there are 2 references to the sensor. Just set those to disable. It will get rid of the warning. My understanding is that it will not disable the airbags, just the sensor. With the sensor disabled, it will assume there is a passenger in the seat and go off in the event of an emergency.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #85
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
Quote:

When you press the heater button, does it stay on for a second and then turn off. What Module and harness are you using?

Another member on here helped me out a lot. You either need to pull the stock harness from your seats or order a new set. I recommend ordering a new one since it's really hard to get the stock one out. After you pull the harness, you can strip out all the excess connections. I don't recall which ones you need, but I believe you end up with 2 or 3 connectors left.

Also, you'll want to pull your stock control box. That one is easy to remove. Once you have these 2 parts, the heated seats will work. There is no coding required.

If you're referring to needing coding for the Passenger Occupancy Sensor, you can do it yourself if you have the cable and software. Otherwise, if you can get someone to help you, there are 2 references to the sensor. Just set those to disable. It will get rid of the warning. My understanding is that it will not disable the airbags, just the sensor. With the sensor disabled, it will assume there is a passenger in the seat and go off in the event of an emergency.
Thank you and that's it, I need the harness! Ordered and I'll update ASAP
      10-02-2018, 04:56 AM   #86
THEMASH
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Price for a pair ?? how long does it usually take from order to delivery ?
We have heated seats in the 1M ? lol
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2019, 01:11 PM   #87
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hello, got the seat heater harness installed and i get the same thing, push the seat heater button and it turns on then off after 2 seconds same as before i had the harness installed.

I had the seats coded for airbags and it went well, anyone know if I need to recode for the heated seats now? From EvoKnvl it doesn't sound i should.

I bought two cables for two seats and you only need one wiring harness FYI in case anyone else is ordering the wiring harness.
      03-20-2019, 03:19 AM   #88
EvoKnvl
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hello, got the seat heater harness installed and i get the same thing, push the seat heater button and it turns on then off after 2 seconds same as before i had the harness installed.

I had the seats coded for airbags and it went well, anyone know if I need to recode for the heated seats now? From EvoKnvl it doesn't sound i should.

I bought two cables for two seats and you only need one wiring harness FYI in case anyone else is ordering the wiring harness.
Spencer, just want to verify. Your original seats were power seats or manual? If they were power seats, did you use the stock control module under the seat? Also, did you get the correct cables? I had to use 2. One for each side. You're basically stripping all the wiring out except for I think 2 things on the driver, and 3 on the passenger. I would need to check my harness to be sure.
Appreciate 0