BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2021, 01:04 PM   #1
Garbagio
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i 6MT

N52 stalling problems

Hi guys, sorry if this has already been solved, but I’ve been lurking in here a while and not been able to find a solution.

So my car started messing up a few months back, first it would be a little hiccup at around 3000 rpm, like I tapped my brakes for a split second. It slowly happened more and more often until finally it threw me into a DSC limp mode.

I replaced the crankshaft sensor when that gave me a code. When that didn’t work I replaced the camshaft sensors because those codes were being thrown, that didn’t work either. I read that it might be my vanos solenoids so I replaced both of them and that hasn’t worked.

What is happening now is that my car will be fine on startup and will drive for about 10ish minutes or until the oil heats up. It will hiccup, like for a split second there’s no fuel and then the car makes up for it by sending too much fuel. If I’m not in neutral, it feels like as I’m driving that I jam hard on my breaks for a split second, or the car will just shut off even when I’m in gear and I lose power steering and acceleration. I would deal with it if it didn’t do this at highway speeds.

There is one time when the car will run okay, if it stutters enough without stalling it will kick into the DSC limp mode, where I won’t have much acceleration, but at least the car runs. This makes me think this is an issue with a sensor and not necessarily any mechanical problems. It’s also kind of hard to get a code, unless it goes into DSC mode, when it stutters it will show an SES for a split second before going away, and that disappears if I shut the engine off and turn it back on.When I do get a code it’s still showing camshaft sensors, crankshaft sensor, or both.

Have I just been really unlucky and got crappy sensors from oreillys this whole time? I’m just mad that I’ve sank a lot of money in this car and I can’t even drive it safely on a highway.

Thanks for your guys’ help
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 04:27 AM   #2
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

Hi , this is a subforum section for the 1M Coupe.

You might want to post in the correct section to get more feedback.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 01:19 PM   #3
Garbagio
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
Hi , this is a subforum section for the 1M Coupe.

You might want to post in the correct section to get more feedback.

Oops, sorry about that, still getting used to this site
Appreciate 0