BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2023, 08:42 AM   #1
rexlex
Rep
Drives: 18 M550, 12 135i,

Child Seats recomendations in 135 Vert

First let me preface this with we own a Honda odyssey that does 99.9% of the kid hauling. My vehicle is the 135 vert and sometimes my 2 year old daughter wants to ride with me to cars and coffee. I am looking for car seat recommendations that fit well in the rear and also do not require the use of a top tether anchor, as we all know the US verts do not have one. The only ones I am finding that look like they work are the recaro seats. Any other vert owners that also have kids have any child seat recommendations?

My daughter is roughly 35lbs and 32" and is forward facing for reference.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 02:52 PM   #2
JustAnotherSportsCar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i E88

My daughter is just slightly smaller than yours. We just use a fairly inexpensive Cosco forward facing car seat. I clip the upper strap to the retainer it came attached to. I clip the lower latches to their latch points between the cushions, and I run the vehicle’s seatbelt through the seat, as you would if you weren’t using the latch system, then pull it tight! It has stayed in place well, and feels secure. I too was disappointed there is no upper latch point, but using this combination is more than sufficient. I chose a seat with cup holders integrated into the arm rests. The clip-on style cup holders don’t work as well in this car because it is a little tighter.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 05:15 PM   #3
rexlex
Rep
Drives: 18 M550, 12 135i,

That’s where I’m at. I’ve put my daughter in her Chico. I think it’s sufficient but the wife does not and is afraid she can’t ride in the 135 without one.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 12:04 AM   #4
Cbeitler12
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E88 128i

If you do attach the rear strap be sure to put it on the outer most loop for car seats. I was never able to use the side clips and instead used the seatbelt and the top anchor clipped to the side nearest the outside of the car. There was an incident in the mountains my son had tipped over because I used the inside clip which wouldn't only stop him from coming forward, thought nothing of side to side movement or that extent. My son being 45+ pounds, the other day we went for a basic high back booster seat so we can just used the seatbelt. Gave the wife much needed leg room on road trips, the 3 in 1's and bulkier forward facing seats usually force the passenger to scrunch up.
Appreciate 0