BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-17-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
gwairways
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i, 2019 BMW X3

135i N55 Leaking Oil

Hello, I am new to the forum.

I have a 2013 135i N55 with 75,000 miles. I normally only drive this car on weekends, so its stays in the garage most of the time. The other day i noticed some oil spots on the floor of the garage, and upon further investigation found the car leaking oil. There is a considerable amount of oil on the underside. I checked around the oil filter housing, and dont see to much oil around it, although it could be leaking from the bottom and I just cant see. Looking behind the charge pipe, there is a good amount of pooled oil on top of the engine. I have attached some pictures.

The car has never had any oil leaks or consumption for the 5k miles ive driven it, over the last 2 years. I never noticed any smell coming from the AC or anything like that. The coolant doesnt seem to have any oil contamination, but i could be wrong. I pulled the front spark plug out (is that #1?), and it didnt seem to have any oil on it. It was very dry and seem to have some carbon fouling on it. I have attached pictures.

After my research so far, I am thinking it is the oil filter housing gasket, but I am not 100% sure. Does anyone have any similar experience or guidance on what I should do next?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2021, 04:09 PM   #2
iDontRemember
Ding Dong!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

You might have better luck in the 135i forums. All the 1Ms came with the N54.
Appreciate 0