BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-30-2023, 08:29 AM   #1
bourski
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i, BMW X1

Didn’t think my first post would be cry for help

New to this site, found it while cruising the internet for answers to my own crank-no start problem.

I have a 2011 128i N51 SULEV with 115k miles. It cranks, but there’s no spark on any of the cylinders. I recently replaced the starter and the crankshaft position sensor. I think the constant voltage at the coils is good and I have good ground indications. I get zero voltage on the third coil wires when cranking. I think I’ve pulled and tested every fuse behind the glove box; any other places BMW would have hidden ignition fuses I should check? The battery is sound, a relatively new purchase. I think unrelated, but I’ll mention anyway, Fuel pressure at the rail is 70 psi when cranking, and I hear the hpfp kick on when it’s supposed to, so I’ve ruled out fuel as the problem.

I’m looking for any additional things I should check before go down a bad computer or CAS rabbit hole.

Last edited by bourski; 05-01-2023 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Wrong forum
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 11:53 PM   #2
1'M Blue
Major
Oman
Rep
Drives: 1M

You might want to post this in the correct section to get more related answers ...

This is 1M Coupe sub forum.
Appreciate 0