BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-01-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
Subzero2003
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

BMW Brembo Calipers

Evening all, and happy new year!

I've had a slight clunking when braking on one side since I've had my BMWP calipers fitted, and always suspected that it was the brake pads that were the issue. Today i've taken it apart and found that it is one brake pad that does not have the backing shim to cover the pad and there is therefore a few millimetres of gap between the pad and the caliper.

I've no idea how this happened, as all of the 3 other pads have this shim and fit very snugly with no noise.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/m89vNWFqnPY/maxresdefault.jpg

Anyway, I was just posting up to see if anyone had an old set of pads for the BMWP calipers/135i calipers and if anyone could send me one of the backing shims in exchange for a couple of pints. It seems you can't get these on their own and have to buy all new pads for a stupid thin piece of metal.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0