BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-27-2019, 09:54 PM   #1
monstruo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

ODB scan & Fault codes

Was trying to run a flash on MHD with bimmergeeks cable but after numerous attempt (about an hour), it simply didn't connect. Suspect i got a faulty cable I'm liaising with them on that issue.

While doing so, I noticed the battery warning code popped up on my dashboard. The next day, the battery was completely flat. Managed to start the car with a spare battery.

Ran a check on the battery with a foxwell battery tester. Everything is good (battery health, its voltage, charging). Just to be safe, I also ran ODB2 scan and noticed some fault codes:
  1. 2DEC
  2. A559: Instrument cluster Power supply has been switched off
  3. 9C6C: IHKA: Supply centre console control panel, 12v

Side note:
When I start the ignition, my angel lights flash and strobe for a few second. My aux-in for my bluetooth also stutters here and there when i drive it for first 10 minutes.

Everything seems to be battery related. Before I jump into replacing my battery. Just want to hear from anyone who experienced the above issues. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 10:56 PM   #2
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Check the positive cable in the engine bay. There's a connection that likes to corrode/break near the electronics box and causes all sorts of havoc on the electrical system. Also check the grounding strap under the car, it's bare copper and tends to corrode and break as well...
dtla1826.00
      09-30-2019, 08:12 PM   #3
monstruo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Check the positive cable in the engine bay. There's a connection that likes to corrode/break near the electronics box and causes all sorts of havoc on the electrical system. Also check the grounding strap under the car, it's bare copper and tends to corrode and break as well...
Thanks Chris! I'll definitely check it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #4
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Relative to your communciation issue with a Bimmergeeks cable, have you used it successfully on the laptop you were using? I got one and have been trying to use it with INPA and NCSExpert and had issues with communication until I told the laptop to run the programs in XP mode and set latency to 1. Kind of makes sense with these old programs. But then things often make sense to me in retrospect. I also thought about the cable but I am pretty sure mine is working fine.
      10-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #5
monstruo
Enlisted Member
Rep

Contacted with Bimmergeeks, they did a remote check and concluded the cable was faulty. They are sending me a new one. Ace on their customer service.

I need to put aside time to check the vehicle properly. The battery died twice yesterday. 1. Drove the car out in the morning and when i went back in the afternoon. The battery was flat. Managed to jump start after my friend came to rescue, drove home and the battery was dead again after 3hours.

Ran an ODB scan and battery check. Battery is all good. There're some random fault codes on the ODB.

I suspect it might due to the dashcam recording device. I unplugged it and the battery was all good today.
Appreciate 0