BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #1
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

WHAT COLOR IS THIS??!!

This 328i coupe is beautiful! What color is this, Space Gray?

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

From the relfection I'd say it was chrome

but yeah, it's probably grey or silver
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128er View Post

Space Gray..... I love that color and wish they make one for 1 series
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

I had this as a loaner for about a week- Not sure but the tech said it's "Space Gray".
And it's an unusual color in that there doesn't seem to be as much metallic glossy effect as you normally expect to find.(tho you can't tell in my photo)
It's a sportier color and looks striking in person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
mlevere1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i; 89 325is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
I had this as a loaner for about a week- Not sure but the tech said it's "Space Gray".
And it's an unusual color in that there doesn't seem to be as much metallic glossy effect as you normally expect to find.(tho you can't tell in my photo)
Brookside - I know that it was just a loaner but I love those wheels. I have never seen them before. Do you know what they are?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
TheoIam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Wow we get stripped 328i's for loaners here. Nice dealership!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 12:00 AM   #7
IrvRobinson2
Banned
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128er View Post

yes, space gray
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
ShifterKart
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR/BB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoIam View Post
Wow we get stripped 328i's for loaners here. Nice dealership!
Be thankful you get that.....when I take my X5 in I get a Grand Am from my dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #9
Maximus Decimus
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: people crazy

SWEEEET Loaner. I've a couple different loaners now, but never anything that cool. Usually X3's or lower tier 3's. Nice dealership.

BTW, it's def space gray.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 07:10 AM   #10
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevere92 View Post
Brookside - I know that it was just a loaner but I love those wheels. I have never seen them before. Do you know what they are?
Standard 18"'s on the 3.0si Z4- with sport pkg. & they are gorgeous. Look at the size of those discs front and back!

Glad you guys like the car. I was in no hurry to get my 2.5 back that's for sure. This loaner (a 2007) sits on the lot because it's a 6-spd and no one can drive it! That's the sad, in my opinion, fact that something like 90% of BMW's sold are automatic. That includes, to a lesser extent, 3-series and Z4's which also are sold with more automatics than stick.
Irv, you probably have exact figures for each model...but the trend is overwhelmingly to auto even in the sportiest cars.

My dealer is going through a transition from one group of owners to another...many of the original guys left but some are still there. It was a great dealership- unlike any other. Now, it's just ok.

btw...this is ecquipped with the same N54B30 engine the 128 will get except this one has 255 hp and the 128 has a detuned version putting out, as you know, 230hp.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 09:17 AM   #11
mlevere1988
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i; 89 325is

Brookside, Is 'your' dealership Baron BMW? Are they still calling it that with the new owners? What has been your experience with them? Since they are changing ownership I know that 'your expericence may vary' with the new owners.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #12
Brookside
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevere92 View Post
Brookside, Is 'your' dealership Baron BMW? Are they still calling it that with the new owners? What has been your experience with them? Since they are changing ownership I know that 'your expericence may vary' with the new owners.
Yes, new owners and still called Baron.
The original 3 owners have split for a variety of reasons- but Marion Battaglia (pronounced "Battalia" and one of the original 3) now runs Aristocrat Motors and Mercedes of Kansas City and manages other premium dealerships in St. Louis, Springfield, MO. None of them are BMW. He took with him the chief finance manager and both sales managers.
There are hot rumors Marion will open a new BMW dealership here in KC.
I hope so. I've heard he's bought land in south KC, but even if everything goes lickety-split it'll take 2 years minimum to get open. Marion is the the car guy...knows the market and the people-

The current owners of Baron are a conglomerate out of Houston. Baron BMW is the first premium brand dealership they've owned and managed.
Many of the old Baron salesmen stayed put. They know the cars/BMW policy and they now are running the show over there- which is not good for the customer.

My own experience is that the Baron sales guys literally drool over new customers because they are going to be making max sales profit disguised with this low-key veneer of modesty and manners.

Hugo's dealt with the same salesman I use - he knows the ropes...and can tie you up with them. But I truly enjoy bargaining and playing the game- I don't see me getting the deals I got previously.

That's my impression and it is super subjective. People in this part of the country are reticent to complain or to get into confrontations. A lot of them just go along with it to get the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 10:45 AM   #13
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

The last thing any of us need to do is act like we NEED a car (if you need a car you should be looking at used Elantra's ; -). Once you get past the notion of 'needing' this car, then it's a matter of what's the best and what's the worst deal you're willing to live with.

From my perspective since I want European Delivery I'm not dealing with the dealer's allocation. The dealer at that point is providing a brokerage service to order and eventually 're-deliver' a car. So I'll be working from invoice (and you can see invoice at numerous websites). Since I subscribe to Automotive News, I have a pretty good idea what dealer/consumer incentives are available, so that has to enter into the equation. Again - I don't NEED a car, I want one - but at a price that I'm willing to pay.

(What was it Groucho Marx said in Animal Crackers, IIRC, when he asked a gal to go out with him? She said something like, "Not on your life!" and he said something like "What if I give you a thousand dollars?", and she said, "Well . . ." and Groucho closes with, "Well we know what she is, we're just haggling over the price" ; -)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2007, 10:51 AM   #14
Brookside
Major
Rep

Groucho also had a funny quiz show on tv and he would do banter with the contestants-

anyway he had a husband and wife on and asked the husband how many children they had.
"12 children, Groucho."
Groucho replied, "Well I like my cigar but I take it out of my mouth every once in awhile."
:biggrin:
Appreciate 0