BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-12-2012, 10:42 PM   #23
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
^^^ Can you post a photo of your mat logo?
I will tomorrow...stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #24
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Mine look like the 1st pic in Rikx's post. Far from perfect but not terribly bothersome to me.
I'd be perfectly happy with both mats looking like photo 1...just not the bloated flea market special knockoff look of photo 2....from OEM.
      02-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #25
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
I'd be perfectly happy with both mats looking like photo 1...just not the bloated flea market special knockoff look of photo 2....from OEM.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'd probably feel the same way -- that second one is not easy to look at ...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 01:40 AM   #26
silvs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

Mine look like your first photo. They are still in plastic though right now. Got them too near winter so usin the rubbers for now. So can't take pictures!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 05:26 AM   #27
River Rat
Private First Class
Rep

The website, shopBMWUSA.com has these mats for sale. I got mine from Dan at UnitedBMWonline and the stitching is just like the OP, nothing great. By the looks of the pictures advertised online, the embroidering on the //M looks to be like the picture of Jezzer's. Is this false advertisement?? I am a bit disappointed as well with my mats..
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf floor mat.pdf (103.1 KB, 155 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #28
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
For those of you that bought BMW 1M mats with the "M" logo...what was the quality of the embroidering? Were you satisfied? Did it look professionally done?

I just bought these mats from BMW South County and the driver's mat embroidery looks like a flea market special. I complained to them and they said "I am the first person to complain" and that "all the mats in stock look the same" I told him I thought they were knockoffs and he said "The company that these were purchased from is BMW. There are thousands of these sets available and I am being told that all of the Drivers mats look like that. I’m sorry to say but there is no fix in the works. The best I can do for you is refund your money."...

Rick looks like you got some "made in China" mats.
Why not buy some //M mats from Dan@United ? There are plenty of unscrupulous dealers that save the BMW part boxes(from warranty shop sales) and put inside the box a "made in China" part. I have seen this happen first hand.

Why not just buy the BMW mats from a local BMW Zentrum though? ...by the time you add in the shipping costs and added time/delay... it is far easier to just buy local. Plus it will forge a good relationship with your dealer over time. Something that can be priceless.

My BMW Zentrum gives me 20% off most parts and I can either have the parts THAT day or at the latest the very next day. Plus in Germany, they do not allow fake counterfeit parts for sale.

PS: I did a quick search on Google for: "BMW South County" and the reviews were not good. Seems that the owners sold teh dealership a few years ago and the place has gone down the tubes on customer service.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #29
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
River rat.... please clarify, you said your mats were just like OP's mats? Are you referring to the stitching style as it seems that BMW's OEM and OP's BMW dealer mats are a looser "hand-sewn-like" embroidered stitch while Jeezer's mats have a much tighter "machine-style" stitch?

Or are you saying your mats have embroidery like OP's photo one (good) or photo 2 (bad)? Do both of your mats have decent embroidery?
      02-13-2012, 05:53 AM   #30
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Why not just buy the BMW mats from a local BMW Zentrum though? ...by the time you add in the shipping costs and added time/delay... it is far easier to just buy local. Plus it will forge a good relationship with your dealer over time. Something that can be priceless.
Correctly stated as we are here in Germany, surely I can get 1M parts faster while as you say "develop a relationship" But they don't sell the 1M mats...at least two different BMW places I went to. Do you have any connections to get these mats?

R
      02-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #31
River Rat
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
River rat.... please clarify, you said your mats were just like OP's mats? Are you referring to the stitching style as it seems that BMW's OEM and OP's BMW dealer mats are a looser "hand-sewn-like" embroidered stitch while Jeezer's mats have a much tighter "machine-style" stitch?

Or are you saying your mats have embroidery like OP's photo one (good) or photo 2 (bad)? Do both of your mats have decent embroidery?
Yes, my mats were ordered from Dan@ United on Dec 21, 2011.. They are very loosely sewn onto the mats. The pictures from the internet show mats with the much tighter stitching like the ones shown in the pictures from Jezzer.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #32
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Correctly stated as we are here in Germany, surely I can get 1M parts faster while as you say "develop a relationship" But they don't sell the 1M mats...at least two different BMW places I went to. Do you have any connections to get these mats?

R

I will ask my guys at the BMW Zentrum for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #33
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

Quote:
Rick looks like you got some "made in China" mats.
Why not buy some //M mats from Dan@United ? There are plenty of unscrupulous dealers that save the BMW part boxes(from warranty shop sales) and put inside the box a "made in China" part. I have seen this happen first hand.

My BMW Zentrum gives me 20% off most parts and I can either have the parts THAT day or at the latest the very next day. Plus in Germany, they do not allow fake counterfeit parts for sale.

PS: I did a quick search on Google for: "BMW South County" and the reviews were not good. Seems that the owners sold teh dealership a few years ago and the place has gone down the tubes on customer service.
mine was bought from united bmw and looks like the OP's too.
      02-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #34
Sales@AUTOcouture
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Mine came with my 1M
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #35
-Z-
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Black Pyrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@AUTOcouture View Post
Mine came with my 1M
yeh, some of us got free mats, some free ipod/bt, some free nav...

i've bought M mats online from a BMW dealer, did not use them yet, will check out the quality later today and report here... stay tuned.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #36
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Here is my driver side, please excuse the poor lighting/iPhone quality/dirt...I just snapped a quick shot.

By the way, the edges don't look straight because the fluff from the mat moves over the edges of the embroidered logo, but when I pull all the fluff back the edges are perfectly straight.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #37
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

[QUOTE=Dackelone;11329670]Rick have you thought about the euro spec rubber mats? I have them in my car - I like them. €45 for the front set The driver's mat has a cloth section where your feet are. The rest is all rubber.

That is so strange I ordered my and they were without cloth just rubber with same part code :/
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 11:24 AM   #38
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
The website, shopBMWUSA.com has these mats for sale. I got mine from Dan at UnitedBMWonline and the stitching is just like the OP, nothing great. By the looks of the pictures advertised online, the embroidering on the //M looks to be like the picture of Jezzer's. Is this false advertisement?? I am a bit disappointed as well with my mats..
Mine were from a legit Cali BMW dealer and looked worse than if a 8 yr old boy in China were to make them Not only was the stitching bad, but there was a defect where the center (driver's side) foot padding was glued. One of the borders was twice the size of the other 3, and it looked like some glue had escaped, or the pressing machine was set wrong. Little I could do as the fuzzy area was caught underneath the glue, so the best I could think of was to black it out with a magic marker pen (as the glue made the border appear gray). Overall rating: 3 out of 10.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Mine were from a legit Cali BMW dealer and looked worse than if a 8 yr old boy in China were to make them Not only was the stitching bad, but there was a defect where the center (driver's side) foot padding was glued. One of the borders was twice the size of the other 3, and it looked like some glue had escaped, or the pressing machine was set wrong. Little I could do as the fuzzy area was caught underneath the glue, so the best I could think of was to black it out with a magic marker pen (as the glue made the border appear gray). Overall rating: 3 out of 10.
I think mine is from that same dealer... I remember being disappointed but Ill have to take a look to see how bad they are.

How is Jezzers SO CLEAN?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #40
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I think mine is from that same dealer... I remember being disappointed but Ill have to take a look to see how bad they are.

How is Jezzers SO CLEAN?
Yup, I think you're right, we both bought from the same dealer ($105 shipped IIRC). Definitely a legit dealer, came in proper packaging, BMW official gear, so it definitely was not a knock-off, just bad quality and execution.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #41
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep

[quote=RimasRS;11335604]
Quote:
Rick have you thought about the euro spec rubber mats? I have them in my car - I like them. €45 for the front set The driver's mat has a cloth section where your feet are. The rest is all rubber.

That is so strange I ordered my and they were without cloth just rubber with same part code :/
The US spec models have all rubber mats. The EU spec cars get the cloth insert where your feet lie. It all depends on how your parts guy selects the model: US spec or EU (German) specs in the parts ETK.

Here are the part numers for the EU spec mats with cloth insert.

51470429182 fussmatten (front)
51470427217 fussmatten (rear) (should be the same as what you have ?)
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #42
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

[QUOTE=Dackelone;11336448]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post

The US spec models have all rubber mats. The EU spec cars get the cloth insert where your feet lie. It all depends on how your parts guy selects the model: US spec or EU (German) specs in the parts ETK.

Here are the part numers for the EU spec mats with cloth insert.

51470429182 fussmatten (front)
51470427217 fussmatten (rear) (should be the same as what you have ?)
Oh my... Thanks well but here with my winter what we have now I'm fine with fully rubber
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 01:27 PM   #43
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post

How is Jezzers SO CLEAN?
Jezzers is aftermarket and custom as BMW didn't sell RHD "M" logo mats for the UK group..so he took matters in his own hands. If our poor quality mats are what we can expect from BMW as OEM...perhaps we need to find our own solution that looks more legit than an 8-year old sitting at an embroidery machine can do...the current quality is ridiculous....especially for a $50k car!
      02-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #44
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post

By the way, the edges don't look straight because the fluff from the mat moves over the edges of the embroidered logo, but when I pull all the fluff back the edges are perfectly straight.

Yeah...you can tell these are like mine... too bad all of us can't sue...this is too trivial for a lawsuit but it pisses me off that there are supposedly legit sources and venders peddling this crap as top-shelf! And BMW at that. No quality control it seems.
They sell this pos stuff and then when you complain, offer a refund but you lose time and money. Only 5% of people complain so in the end, selling crap pays as 95% accept it.
Appreciate 0