BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

1M comment of an M School participant

Caught this while surfing Bimmerpost Homepage today, an awesome thread about 2 day long M School experience. That's what the OP had to say about the 1M, enjoy reading:

The thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654085

The 1M comment:

"The next session was with the 1 M. Here we learned heal-toe shifting. I could never quite get it down, but was assured by the instructors that it takes a long time to master perfectly, and if anything understand how it works, and why it is useful.

As for driving the 1 M - all I have to say is JUST WOW. I am truly impressed by the car. For anyone that says the 1 M isn't a true M car, well I think you are crazy and that you should probably go drive one. I think i'm in love with it. The e9x M3 is great, but the 1 M feels like a lighter, nimbler, more agile e9x M3. It really is fast, and can MOVE. If I had to pick b/w a e9x M3 or a 1 M, that would be a difficult choice. I would probably lean toward the 1 M simply because it has a raw and visceral feel to it, like the e46 and e36 M3 had. In my opinion, the 1 M made the e9x M3 feel tame. I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but it was just my experience. The M3 was noticeably heavier, and the 1 M could turn a corner like no other."
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Caught this while surfing Bimmerpost Homepage today, an awesome thread about 2 day long M School experience. That's what the OP had to say about the 1M, enjoy reading:

The thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654085

The 1M comment:

"The next session was with the 1 M. Here we learned heal-toe shifting. I could never quite get it down, but was assured by the instructors that it takes a long time to master perfectly, and if anything understand how it works, and why it is useful.

As for driving the 1 M - all I have to say is JUST WOW. I am truly impressed by the car. For anyone that says the 1 M isn't a true M car, well I think you are crazy and that you should probably go drive one. I think i'm in love with it. The e9x M3 is great, but the 1 M feels like a lighter, nimbler, more agile e9x M3. It really is fast, and can MOVE. If I had to pick b/w a e9x M3 or a 1 M, that would be a difficult choice. I would probably lean toward the 1 M simply because it has a raw and visceral feel to it, like the e46 and e36 M3 had. In my opinion, the 1 M made the e9x M3 feel tame. I'll probably get flamed for saying that, but it was just my experience. The M3 was noticeably heavier, and the 1 M could turn a corner like no other."

Having driven both extensively, I can agree with these statements.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #3
adam135aoc
adam_txGarage
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 850CSi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuned1M View Post
Having driven both extensively, I can agree with these statements.
awesome