BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-26-2011, 07:01 PM   #67
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Overtook road workers with a van. Suddenly the van accelerates, comes hanging next to me on the right, driver's window opens and the driver hangs his head out of the window checking out my VO 1M. Quite crazy, I guess his pal in the passenger seat was holding his steering wheel. Then the driver hung also his arm out of the window and gave the sign "Go ahead, rev it up !". So I floored it and saw in my rear view mirror that they gave me the thumbs up.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2011, 07:12 PM   #68
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Overtook road workers with a van. Suddenly the van accelerates, comes hanging next to me on the right, driver's window opens and the driver hangs his head out of the window checking out my VO 1M. Quite crazy, I guess his pal in the passenger seat was holding his steering wheel. Then the driver hung also his arm out of the window and gave the sign "Go ahead, rev it up !". So I floored it and saw in my rear view mirror that they gave me the thumbs up.
That's awesome! I was asked yesterday by an e46 M3 owner if this is the new M1 lol. Also, went to Publix for some groceries and came out to see someone snapping shots of the car with his cell phone.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #69
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Girl in a vert 128i almost broke her neck during lunch today lol love people's reactions!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #70
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Got a thumbs up from a dude in a beater toyota pickup. Caught me off guard - was just abel to return the gesture before we parted ways.

20-something exec admin said she LOVED my car as I was pulling out of the parking lot the other day. My reply: 'Oh, this is the smallest you BMW you can buy...'
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 11:32 PM   #71
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
Got a thumbs up from a dude in a beater toyota pickup. Caught me off guard - was just abel to return the gesture before we parted ways.

20-something exec admin said she LOVED my car as I was pulling out of the parking lot the other day. My reply: 'Oh, this is the smallest you BMW you can buy...'
Thats what I love. To the uneducated, it's just the smallest BMW. sleeper.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 06:54 AM   #72
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

3 since Friday:
Friday night sitting in left turn lane waiting for the arrow and the guy behind in a ginormous SUV me starts blowing his horn, I look into the mirror and get a thumbs up.

Saturday on the expressway a guy in a lime green CaymanS (not the R) pulls up next to me and I get another thumbs up.

Sunday I'm sitting in the passenger seat putting on boots to do some hiking and some guy comes flying up in a VW cc and starts with the " Do you love it? when did you get it? etc.... turn out he also owns a 135i and was very knowledgeable abouit the 1M.

I'm finding it interesting how many people actually know what this car is.

Last edited by ESC OFF; 11-10-2011 at 11:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #73
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Guy in a black lotus Elise with possibly the largest and ugliest aftermarket spoiler pulled up next to me, took his shades off and began eyeing my car. then he looked at me and gave a nod of approval.

A few days later I saw him again on the highway and he did the same thing...lol
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #74
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Wtf is wrong with people these days? Just had a hillbilly trying to race me at a traffic light on a silverado lol ridiculous!! He was doing the whole "look how my pickup jumps if I blip the throttle while in gear"
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #75
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Wtf is wrong with people these days? Just had a hillbilly trying to race me at a traffic light on a silverado lol ridiculous!! He was doing the whole "look how my pickup jumps if I blip the throttle while in gear"

just like the 18yo boy tailgating me in his mothers diesel A5

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 11:09 AM   #76
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution80 View Post
Quote:

Seriously! It's funny/sad all at the same time...the lack of brain cells is quite predominant.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #77
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep
Drives: SOLD: 2002 BMW M3, 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978.530i View Post
Pictures don't do this car justice in any color!
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #78
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978.530i View Post
Pictures don't do this car justice in any color!
I agree! I just drove out of Starbucks and a few pedestrians literally stopped to stare as I drove in 1st gear, 5-10mph approaching the stop sign to turn onto the main road.

Based on what I've been told, the car looks even more impressive while in motion.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #79
bmwmck
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution80 View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #80
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Based on what I've been told, the car looks even more impressive while in motion.
The difference between a grazing bull and a raging bull (c.q. racing bull).
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #81
ESC OFF
Major
Rep

Tonights was the best yet, I'm heading home from running some errands (any reason to drive) and I notice some old cruiser Buick behind me with a broken headlight, smashed front end etc. I get to the stop light and this car same pulls along side me, I hear the bass pumpin and the trunk rattles...I look over and see 4 guys in the car, 2 in black hoodies, 1 guy in the back seat wearing a knit cap drinking a 40. Honestly I'm thinking to myself ...just look away, just look away....when all of the sudden the driver flashes me this big gold tooth grin and points to my car and gives my the thumbs up and drives away in a cloud of blue smoke....I just laughed out loud...
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #82
AM1N
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESC OFF View Post
Tonights was the best yet, I'm heading home from running some errands (any reason to drive) and I notice some old cruiser Buick behind me with a broken headlight, smashed front end etc. I get to the stop light and this car same pulls along side me, I hear the bass pumpin and the trunk rattles...I look over and see 4 guys in the car, 2 in black hoodies, 1 guy in the back seat wearing a knit cap drinking a 40. Honestly I'm thinking to myself ...just look away, just look away....when all of the sudden the driver flashes me this big gold tooth grin and points to my car and gives my the thumbs up and drives away in a cloud of blue smoke....I just laughed out loud...
theres Chi-Town for ya! nice
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #83
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
lol that's funny. Yesterday on my way home from work I had a guy in a CLK zoom in on me, as I cruised a backroad, and I noticed a crotch rocket zoom in on him...I call it a "double-looker": when the single lane road opened up to 2 lanes, the benz immediately moved over to the other lane to pass me as the driver is literally hanging out the window staring at my car. To make things more interesting, the crazy dude in the bike tries to get in between his car and mine to check out my ride, but at this point I was already getting on the turning lane to my left to enter my neighborhood.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #84
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

I am finding that if I get out of my car at the gas station and am cleaning the windows or checking the oil, that someone almost always asks about the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2011, 07:23 PM   #85
ESC OFF
Major
Rep

I saw my first 1M today (that wasn't mine) VO heading South on the Edens expressway North of Chicago....my mouth dropped open, gorgeous color in the sun, it looked awesome moving!
      11-12-2011, 10:23 PM   #86
Wolfpack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything in my garage

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Pee View Post
I am finding that if I get out of my car at the gas station and am cleaning the windows or checking the OIL, that someone almost always asks about the car.
So how do you check the oil at the gas station?

I have had several heads turn driving around and a few people follow me around town to see the car. On the way home from picking the car up, a pickup came screaming up on my left at about 85mph and parked it along side for a couple of minutes while they guys looked the car over. My buddy who had taken me to get it was following and talking to me on the 2 way radio. He was absolutely laughing about the fact hat we had not made it 20 miles out of the 240 miles on the trip back before the gawkers were activated.
      11-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #87
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #88
RPMjunkie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Got 1)

On thursday i made a trip up to Leavenworth WA and on my way back I had a M3 coming up hard on my tail, we were in town in a 35 MPH zone so no racing occured. He followed me for a few miles until I pulled into a gas station and just poured accolades on the car saying how aggresive it looks and how he wants one now. He started taking pictures and then stated that he needs to buy one, but I broke the bad news to him that purchasing one now may be impossible. I think I made a new friend though.

Out of 11 or so people that have stopped or complimented the car only 3 really know what it is.
Appreciate 0