BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

12-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
Stohlen
Major
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by annalisa_ferri View Post
  • how do you check that the correct alloy has been used
  • how do you ensure that correct forming has been performed in the Chinese/Taiwanese/wherever foundry
  • how do you verify that the proper heat treatment has been applied in the Chinese/Taiwanese/wherever plant
  • how do you check that blanks have been handled properly
  • and so on...
How would you do that if the parts were made in america?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 11:41 AM   #24
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stohlen View Post
How would you do that if the parts were made in america?
Easy: US manufacturers are know to adopt ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards. China and Taiwan no. Period
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #25
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
Easy: US manufacturers are know to adopt ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards. China and Taiwan no. Period
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9000
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #26
Stohlen
Major
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Point proven. Thanks Gary.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #27
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
This to ECS then (if still listening):

Are your suppliers in China / Taiwan compliant with the above standards?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #28
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Not everything made in China is crap. 99% of Apple products are all made in China. It all just depends on the quality control. The bigger the company the more $ they have to spend on quality control.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #29
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Jesus!
I understand that this is not a QC congress, but there are concepts that are used in the daily life which apply also here. Example:
  • in the sea there are 10 billion fishes
  • in my bath I put 10 fishes
  • Your conclusion: oh, the sea has more fishes than your bath!
  • What if you compare the density? If you divide the no. of fishes by the liters of water (or surface or depth or whatever you prefer), you will easily discover that it is actually easier to find a fish in my bath than in the sea!
What is the conclusion then? If you look at the ratio between the number of iso certificates and the goods manufactured (or plants or workers or whatever you prefer), you will reverse your point of view: China&Taiwan are light years behind

Bump, point refuted (easily)!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #30
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

This whole thread is… laughable at best.

Firstly, the OP is bitching because he received “Chinese” made parts from a US company. WHO GIVES A SHIT! There are MILLIONS of things made in China and not “all” products that are made there are shit products. There are many, MANY products sold In the US that are manufactured in China, including many performance parts for many different vehicles. If the OP wasn’t such a cheap ass, he would have bought real Brembos or similar brakes and be done with it. What the hell do you expect from inexpensive rotors anyhow? You bought rotors from a US company, they look very good in quality and I have yet seen a complaint on these, yet you feel that the company can somehow turn ANY profit from designing, obtaining raw material, ISO certification, manufacturing, and quality control on a PAIR or rear rotors for 150? And fronts for under 500!?!?

I can easily see how you have NEVER once owned your own business or had anything to do with profit margins. Admit it, you bought a BMW, instead of putting a BBK from the “BIG” guys, you cheaped out and thought the ECS ones were the same ones, or at least the same quality. Are you really that stupid? There is nothing wrong with their brake rotors and instead of being happy with a quality product you think you will hurt their bottom line with your bitch fest on an online forum. Guess what? Your exaggerations are falling on deaf ears. They offered you a refund, they are not making money on shipping either way, YOU chose it wasn’t worth it. THEY went out of the way to answer all your questions, YOU decided to bitch…

Do you know how many things I’ve actually bought that was made in China that blew away US made shit? Every country makes shit, but it doesn’t mean they will always do it. I think it’s even more funny that you don’t realize how much cheap shit is on your very own “German” BMW…

Thanks to you, I have found a great replacement for my rotors. I’ll be buying a few pairs. Thanks for the promotion of their products! You showed me how much customer service they have and the awesome products they sell. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911A145 View Post
This whole thread is… laughable at best.
Agreed, unfortunately, thanks to people willing to play Perry Mason on forums, like you.
Is is not a process (neither to ECS nor to China), don't take it too seriously.
Express your opinion, I don't care if in agreement or not with the OP, and then move on. We have read of somebody agreeing, somebody else disagreeing, others just asking or giving additional infos. Luckily only a few harsh, negative, totally unuseful contributions like yours.

Quote:
Firstly, the OP is bitching because he received “Chinese” made parts from a US company. WHO GIVES A SHIT! There are MILLIONS of things made in China and not “all” products that are made there are shit products. There are many, MANY products sold In the US that are manufactured in China, including many performance parts for many different vehicles.
Good. Your opinion. We take your point and move on.

Quote:
If the OP wasn’t such a cheap ass, he would have bought real Brembos or similar brakes and be done with it. What the hell do you expect from inexpensive rotors anyhow? You bought rotors from a US company, they look very good in quality and I have yet seen a complaint on these
Yes, a US company which sells Chinese rotors promoting "no compromises" and "superior performance". Do we agree that this is true?

Quote:
yet you feel that the company can somehow turn ANY profit from designing, obtaining raw material, ISO certification, manufacturing, and quality control on a PAIR or rear rotors for 150? And fronts for under 500!?!?
So you admit that on China stuff there is no ISO certification and quality control. Interesting. A bit in contradiction, but interesting.

Quote:
Admit it, you bought a BMW, instead of putting a BBK from the “BIG” guys, you cheaped out and thought the ECS ones were the same ones, or at least the same quality.
Maybe this is your case, since you seem to be very supportive of China import and you confirm you're going to buy a pair. If you're happy, we are happy as well.

Quote:
Are you really that stupid?
Uh uh, is getting hot...

Quote:
Thanks to you, I have found a great replacement for my rotors. I’ll be buying a few pairs. Thanks for the promotion of their products! You showed me how much customer service they have and the awesome products they sell. Thanks!
You see, one of the benefits of having a discussion you would like to quit.
There is always hope also for lobotomised...

You have the ///M logo sticked to your trunk, don't you?

Last edited by annalisa_ferri; 12-06-2012 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
Musashi135.50
      12-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #32
alex_d_22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

LOL! ECS should thank you for giving them the opportunity to talk about their products and professional service outside the "Commercial" sections of the forum. If the product would be defective and the company would not want help you, I could understand why you are mad. In the end, by making this type of thread, you are helping the very company you are pissed off with for details that would be the case for a large majority of performance car parts anyways.
I thank you for the thread, I now know where to find my next rotors and be sure to have great customer service! www.ecstuning.com
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #33
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
These rotors look very well made.

Can you prove that these specific rotors being made in China makes them a poor product?

I am just having trouble finding merit in your claim. ECS has been very transparent and offers to refund the rotors. That really is all they could do in this situation.

The quality and manufacturing you are demanding is exactly what companies like Brembo, Ap, stoptech etc. offer with their big brake kits. Their pricing reflects such and they cost many times what the ECS rotors do.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:16 PM   #34
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_d_22 View Post
LOL! ECS should thank you for giving them the opportunity to talk about their products and professional service outside the "Commercial" sections of the forum. If the product would be defective and the company would not want help you, I could understand why you are mad. In the end, by making this type of thread, you are helping the very company you are pissed off with for details that would be the case for a large majority of performance car parts anyways.
I thank you for the thread, I now know where to find my next rotors and be sure to have great customer service! www.ecstuning.com
I'm not trying to limit ECS business!
If you are happy to put their rotors on based on very generic statements on quality control, god bless you!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #35
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
These rotors look very well made
Cool. I prefer rotors that ARE well made

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
The quality and manufacturing you are demanding is exactly what companies like Brembo, Ap, stoptech etc. offer with their big brake kits. Their pricing reflects such and they cost many times what the ECS rotors do.
Sorry but you reduce the brake world to two extremes:

Brembo-GT on the heaven side, with hyper-tech products and Shuttle-like quality controls
Shit-stuff prone to blasting at the first hard braking on the other side.

There are companies in between that produce good quality stuff, at good prices, and which are capable to trace the product trees properly with complete information and certificates.

Unfortunately, I discovered (too late) that ECS is not among these.
Unless they answer with less generic statements, of course.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #36
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Quote:
Exactly! Unfortunately, a lot of people only care about looks.

They are cheap for a reason - I'm not surprised they are made in China. I hope those holes aren't drilled or they'll start cracking sooner or later. Heck, even the BMW Performance drilled rotors have had reports of cracking. Drilled rotors in general aren't a good idea unless you spend big bucks to have them done right. Although they are unlikely to crack if you don't race your car.

Last edited by Adam135; 12-06-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #37
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

OP, I'll buy the rotors from you if you really dont want them
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #38
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Quote:
I wonder why so many state it's so good to buy china...and then drive a german car.

Am I missing something?
What's funny is I wouldn't buy a TV made in Germany, or a car made in the Netherlands for that matter.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #39
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
I'm not trying to devalue your claim. I think if you are not satisfied with the product, you have a claim with the company and should be able to return them assuming they are unused and within an appropriate time, which ECS has offered to honor. Its a shame that you paid that much for postage and it isn't too feasible to return them in the end, but that was a risk you took when purchasing internationally.

Im not trying to reduce the brake world to two extremes but rather noting that you get what you pay for. Any USA company putting out USA made brakes for the price of the ECS brakes would not turn profits. No where on their site does it say they are US made.

My suggestion is to try and sell them locally.

Quote:

Sorry but you reduce the brake world to two extremes:

Brembo-GT on the heaven side, with hyper-tech products and Shuttle-like quality controls
Shit-stuff prone to blasting at the first hard braking on the other side.

There are companies in between that produce good quality stuff, at good prices, and which are capable to trace the product trees properly with complete information and certificates.

Unfortunately, I discovered (too late) that ECS is not among these.
Unless they answer with less generic statements, of course.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #40
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
OP, I'll buy the rotors from you if you really dont want them
...where are you based??
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #41
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MteK View Post
What's funny is I wouldn't buy a TV made in Germany, or a car made in the Netherlands for that matter.
I do use Iphones
I do buy Taiwanese tvs
I do even eat chinese, belive me or not

What I don't do is braking chinese...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #42
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
"believe it or not but i even eat chinese"

LOL congratulations
      12-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #43
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

I like Chinese too, preferably with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #44
annalisa_ferri
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Uh uh!
Fresh news for the fans of Iphone:

Why Apple is bringing manufacturing back to the United States

“It’s not clear yet what Apple’s reasoning is for making Macs in the U.S., but its a good bet that, for a company obsessed with design and quality control, proximity and the ability to manage every aspect of the manufacturing process will yield economic benefits,”

http://macdailynews.com/2012/12/06/w...united-states/

The timing could not be better...ih ih ih!!!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread