BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-03-2019, 02:52 AM   #1
chris172
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

00E18D Error -Communication Computer Replacement options?

Hi all

Posting this for my neighbor who is having some issues with her E87 120i.

Some time ago the car had a lot of water in the boot and the car communication computer casing is all corroded. I had a look today and just tried some contact cleaner to see if it was just a rusted connection or something easy but no luck

Using my Carly adapter with the box plugged in or completely unplugged the car still throws the same fault

00E18D - Message Failure.

Owner mentioned its stopped her Bluetooth, Aux In for stereo and rear parking sensors.

Seeking advice on the best place to hunt for a replacement module or other ideas to get it to work. Note i am located in Sydney Australia.

Appreciate the help
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #2
chris172
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hi all, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BMW Autohaus quoted $1750 for a new reconditioned module including fitting and coding but i was hoping to find a good spare parts recommendation or someone who breaks down the cars and would have one available.
Appreciate 0