BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-09-2021, 12:46 AM   #1
pvmike
Rep
Drives: 02 Acura NSX

Where can I find a good 1M for sale?

I haven't seen a 1M for sale on here in awhile. Nothing good on Autotrader or Craigslist. And I don't really want to bid on a car on BAT. Any suggestions?

Btw, I'm in Los Angeles and would love to find a low to mid mileage AW 1M. I'm a long time NSX owner, but I've become fond of BMWs since my wife loves them. The last 5 cars she has owned have been bimmers, the latest being an X3M.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 02:21 AM   #2
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

Stick around for awhile.
I've seen some post for sale.
Keep in mind that these are quite rare indeed.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
Ender_
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO, V60 Polestar '24

Keep your eye on the Canadian sites too if you are ok with importing it - one is up right now:
https://www.autotrader.ca/cars/bmw/m...advancedSearch
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 02:26 PM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

This is the place. Many owners will post here before they sell. BAT is outrageous but every now and then people sleep on some and I have seen good deals on there. Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 10:07 PM   #5
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

http://www.1mcoupebuyersguide.com/listings
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 11:45 PM   #6
pvmike
Rep
Drives: 02 Acura NSX

Thanks guys, I appreciate the input.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 12:33 AM   #7
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvmike View Post
I haven't seen a 1M for sale on here in awhile. Nothing good on Autotrader or Craigslist. And I don't really want to bid on a car on BAT. Any suggestions?

Btw, I'm in Los Angeles and would love to find a low to mid mileage AW 1M. I'm a long time NSX owner, but I've become fond of BMWs since my wife loves them. The last 5 cars she has owned have been bimmers, the latest being an X3M.

Thanks in advance!
I did a WTB thread on this (main forum) and got good feedback eventually finding my car. Many owners browse the forums, without being active posters. People are reluctant to sell cars like the 1M, but there is always someone that has certain life situations that makes selling a proposition, or they may just want a change of pace....

Be patient and if any seller contact you, respond back quickly and not as someone looking for a deal and you will have success.

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 12:27 PM   #8
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvmike View Post

Thanks in advance!
I did a WTB thread on this (main forum) and got good feedback eventually finding my car. Many owners browse the forums, without being active posters. People are reluctant to sell cars like the 1M, but there is always someone that has certain life situations that makes selling a proposition, or they may just want a change of pace....

Be patient and if any seller contact you, respond back quickly and not as someone looking for a deal and you will have success.

Yes I did as well when I got my second one. Also the 1M Facebook group as well. I also wouldn't rule out BAT if car is local to you. I saw a beautiful M3 that went for unreal money but it was local a s I inspected it and it didn't look as good in person as it did on BAT. But with BAT you just bid what is right for you. Personally every car I have purchased always looked better in the ad than in person so bid accordingy.
Appreciate 0