BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-12-2023, 12:50 AM   #1
Jbam9
United_States
Rep
Drives: Widebody 130i M sport

N52 3 Stage Intake 1 Port PCV Hose

Hey all,

I’ve seen similar things in threads before, but I just wanted to post my experience and add to those threads.

Regarding N52’s with a plastic valve cover and 2 PCV ports on the stock intake manifold: A 1 port 3 stage manifold will work perfectly fine. You will have to make your own custom hose though, which is what I will be going over today. This also makes it exponentially easier to add a catch can if desired, as you will now be using standard silicone hose, which can easily be routed to said catch can.

Parts needed:
The OEM 2 port hose, 1 port hose works too (fcp)
Mishimoto 3/4” PCV/CCV hose (amazon)
1 inch spring hose clamps (auto store)

To start, you want to line up your new Mishimoto hose with the OEM 2 port hose and cut a length around 2 inches longer. Use your new 2 port hose for this so you can do it before disassembling the car. Next, you can free the quick connectors from the OEM PCV hose. A fresh utility blade or #11 blade works perfect for this. Work slowly to not cut into the connector, a few passes will be necessary.

We only need the straight connector and the 45 degree connector. I also cutout and kept the T fitting and right angle fitting just in case I ever need them for some reason in the future. Gotta get that $40’s worth lol

Slide your spring clamp on the end of the Mishimoto hose, and while still compressing it, push the quick connector in the hose. Do this for both ends of the hose, mimicking the orientation of the original PCV hose.

You’re done! Simple as that. Now you can install onto your 3SI with confidence. All parts used are SAE rated, and the finished hose was tested to be airtight. The hose is also oil, gas, and diesel rated for those curious. Do not use heater hose or cheap vacuum line as it will collapse after a short while.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4