BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-23-2024, 03:50 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Any musicians here that wanna share their singing/playing?

I got inspired because I wanted to do a little something and sing for a fellow member, so this made me wanna start this thread. Not sure if there will be any participants, but would love to hear from you, as there must be lots of talented folks here. It could be a whole song or just a clip, an original or cover, whatever you feel is good. I made a short clip of Fix You by Coldplay (the only song I like from those guys lmao).
https://voca.ro/1eFyTVBYz45J
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
hubbahubba8822.50
      02-23-2024, 05:03 PM   #2
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

I can't sing a lick, but I did start playing bass at church a couple of years ago. My diminutive hands forced me to purchase a Gretsch short-scale bass. It was pretty inexpensive (~$300) so I wasn't sure of the quality. Turns there are more than a few pros that play that bass.
Appreciate 1
      02-23-2024, 05:06 PM   #3
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
I can't sing a lick, but I did start playing bass at church a couple of years ago. My diminutive hands forced me to purchase a Gretsch short-scale bass. It was pretty inexpensive (~$300) so I wasn't sure of the quality. Turns there are more than a few pros that play that bass.
Cool stuff, would love to hear from licks!
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 03:49 PM   #4
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
I got inspired because I wanted to do a little something and sing for a fellow member, so this made me wanna start this thread. Not sure if there will be any participants, but would love to hear from you, as there must be lots of talented folks here. It could be a whole song or just a clip, an original or cover, whatever you feel is good. I made a short clip of Fix You by Coldplay (the only song I like from those guys lmao).
https://voca.ro/1eFyTVBYz45J
Do you have a Soundcloud page? It's free and a great way to post your music. It makes it easy to share with people/clubs and potentially can get you noticed. I can share mine, I've been playing guitar and singing(ish) since I was 15, but most of what I have up on Soundcloud right now is my foray into EDM. What equipment/software are you recording with?
Appreciate 1
      02-25-2024, 04:13 PM   #5
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

I've got a bunch of stuff that my brother and I recorded either with our band or just the two of us in my basement.

I've either digitally transferred a bunch of stuff myselt myself (4-track cassette based recordings) or have had them professionally transferred (8-track reels) and have slowly over the last couple of years been educating myself (often by trial & error) on how to mix tracks and more recently how to do final mastering.

Some of the more normal stuff (Rock/Pop), which is pretty much to a state where I think I am happy with things, can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oEav-SVz_6QbUs

While some of the stranger stuff (think being influenced by the old Dr. Demento show) can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...s5zM5TF2Mwi54L

With the exception of one song (written primarily by our old lead guitarist) all of them are originals written by my brother and I.
      02-25-2024, 04:40 PM   #6
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

I’m not that kind of musician; you know, the good kind!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 04:48 PM   #7
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
For me the secret was to surround myself with better musicians, but to be the one with the ability to write songs
      02-25-2024, 09:44 PM   #8
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
Do you have a Soundcloud page? It's free and a great way to post your music. It makes it easy to share with people/clubs and potentially can get you noticed. I can share mine, I've been playing guitar and singing(ish) since I was 15, but most of what I have up on Soundcloud right now is my foray into EDM. What equipment/software are you recording with?
I have a small FB page, that's about it. I don't have SoundCloud, is that much better? I'm just letting our page grow organically, i.e. if ppl heard about me or stumble upon my page, that's cool, but anyone's more than welcome to show their stuff here.

I'm just an amateur, so I only mess around w Audacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketfoot View Post
I've got a bunch of stuff that my brother and I recorded either with our band or just the two of us in my basement.

I've either digitally transferred a bunch of stuff myselt myself (4-track cassette based recordings) or have had them professionally transferred (8-track reels) and have slowly over the last couple of years been educating myself (often by trial & error) on how to mix tracks and more recently how to do final mastering.

Some of the more normal stuff (Rock/Pop), which is pretty much to a state where I think I am happy with things, can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...oEav-SVz_6QbUs

While some of the stranger stuff (think being influenced by the old Dr. Demento show) can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...s5zM5TF2Mwi54L

With the exception of one song (written primarily by our old lead guitarist) all of them are originals written by my brother and I.
Your stuff is TIGHT. Professional, tx for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2024, 09:46 PM   #9
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Hmm, I find when ppl are modest, they usually have some serious chops. Don't be shy. 😀
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2024, 06:07 AM   #10
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
I have a small FB page, that's about it. I don't have SoundCloud, is that much better?
Soundcloud is much, much better for what you're trying to accomplish than FB. Check it out. It's 100% free, and there are many BIG time musicians that got their break by being found on Soundcloud.

Here's mine; some are finished, some are endless works in progress:

https://soundcloud.com/itsjustthatbear

Last edited by Chihuahua; 02-26-2024 at 06:14 AM..
Appreciate 2
Roman772.50
      02-26-2024, 07:13 AM   #11
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

Quote:
Hmm, I find when ppl are modest, they usually have some serious chops. Don't be shy. 😀
I share your observation, but in this case the “modesty” is well deserved!

I played in band/orchestra/marching band/jazz band through high school but saw my classmates improving as I hit my last plateau. I kept trying for another decade or so, but I’m terrible. I’m better at listening these days.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2024, 02:06 PM   #12
Markr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 740d Xdrive M Sport

I’ve got a YouTube channel for my electronic organ playing - bit niche, but it is a nice Winter hobby when I can’t get out on the bike. I got talked into it by my daughter a few years ago as it gives me an incentive to carry on playing, and keeps me busy playing with a bit of video editing software to merge video and sound to upload.
      02-28-2024, 08:52 PM   #13
Rockdiamond
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW IX 50 2024

This is my band Fandango NYC
I’m playing bass.
We play around the remaining live music clubs in NYC
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2024, 11:31 AM   #14
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockdiamond View Post

This is my band Fandango NYC
I’m playing bass.
We play around the remaining live music clubs in NYC
So cool man, thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 1