BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-09-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
ssgtcarroll
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135I

Help with injector coverage

Ok so just got a 08 135i did valve blasting and a plug change.

Cylinder 3 plug is wet and smells like gas.

So I call BMW to see if the injector recall was performed. Told it was.

I pull up the TSB on it. Seems 5261 injectors are the new type. 5138 are the old.

Cyl. 1, 2, 4, and 5 have the old style.

Cyl. 3 and 6 have the new kind.

Of coarse 3 is leaking which I find odd.

I will be calling back to see if the new style injectors were replaced within 24 months for warranty but do I have any more options or am I just eating the cost of a new injector?

Does anyone service these things? I keep finding old links with businesses now out of business.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
maniac33
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 08 135i

Well you might actually have another issue on hand. If I remember correctly you can't mix and match old and new index's in one bank. Either all 6 should be replaced with newer index'd injectors. Or at the very least bank 1 or bank 2 with newer index'd injectors.

Putting that aside, it's possible that the injectors may not have seated right when either the dealer or previous owner had the injectors installed. I don't know about any warranty on parts installed. You might just have to eat the cost of the injector at that point. But if it were me, i'd do all 6 with new index ones and be done with it. I did the injectors and coding for them myself in about 2 hours with me stopping and reading each step as I went along.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 12:20 AM   #3
smilerifle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

I had an injector go bad last week when I was visiting the fam in Phoenix. Took it to the dealer and was told I have Type 9 injectors (discontinued) and would require all 6 to be replaced to the new Type 11. I just about crapped myself. As maniac33 stated; it's true you can't mix and match. Fortunately my warranty from the credit union covered the injectors. I went ahead and purchased new plugs as well. Runs like a champ now. Best of luck to you ssgtcaroll.
Appreciate 0