BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
cptgonzo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i sport pkg.

Cool Sirius Radio Gone!

So I have a 2011 BMW 135i with the base stereo. I have had sirius Radio since i've had the car, the other day I got back in my car after being away for 5 minutes, the option in the Radio for Sirius is gone. Nothing has changed in between the time of it working and not working.
So far I have:
1) Disconnected battery (bout 20 min, but presets remain)
2) gotten refresh signal from Sirius
3) went to dealer to check (said $150 for "diag")

WTF happened? and what can I do besides pay the stealership to recode? Disconnect battery for longer? is there a fuse for the Sirius tuner? and where is the tuner located?

HELP please!!!!

Update: Sat Tuner was internal, so decided to buy a DCAN cable from Source
Figured out to install inpa, ncs expert, and and bunch of other software including Datens and proceeded to put 80+ hours figuring out what to do, messing up my car (non starts/airbag/seatbelt lights), fixing it, reading forums, downloading massive archives of files, and reading pdfs. After all my mucking about the radio read "swl-rad" on the display and would not function (no gongs or anything). Probably because I used Winkfp to program module with antiquated or incorrect files. I updated my Daten files and used BMW coding tools 2.25 to update all programs. Then I used Winkfp to re-program the Rad2 with comfort mode on address 63 MASK/CCC instead of RADIO on Address 54. After updating the ZUSB finally the radio functioned again without Sat radio. This did result in 27 fault codes which I reset with INTA/P. I then used NCSexpert in expert mode to change the FA from $693 (sat prep) to $655 (sat enabled) and FA_Wrote to the CAS as well as the NFRM. SG_Coderien to the 2URAD which came back with the usual error, then I preformed a SG_Reset which resulted in the SAT radio coming back. Forums were key as well as using tons of google to search Russian and German forums. I am glad I didn't give the stealership my money and learned how to do it myself.

Last edited by cptgonzo; 06-05-2015 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #2
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

I believe that if you get into the trunk, lift up and remove that large liner piece, the Serius tuner gizmo will be on the far left pushed up towards the driver's side rear passenger seat.

That's about all I know, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Check the control box for the satellite radio. If there is a power line there, unplug that to wipe the internal memory.
      05-02-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
cptgonzo
Private
Rep

Where is the control unit? I've checked in the trunk next to the battery and it is not there. I've also read that some later 2010-2011 have sirius tuner within the radio done with coding. i'm not sure if this is the case, but really sucks not having sirius anymore, commercials are terrible
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:55 PM   #5
myr6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptgonzo
Where is the control unit? I've checked in the trunk next to the battery and it is not there. I've also read that some later 2010-2011 have sirius tuner within the radio done with coding. i'm not sure if this is the case, but really sucks not having sirius anymore, commercials are terrible
I had that happen to me once on my 2012 idrive. All my Sirius radio was gone.
Lucky it was still under warranty so I took it back and they try to reprogram the idrive but still won't work.
At the end they told me that so thing wrong with the idrive so need to be replace.
Took them 3 days to check , order parts, and program.
That's how they fix my issue
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 07:12 AM   #6
cptgonzo
Private
Rep

Ugh, I have an appointment with the dealer. The sirius tuner is within the RAD2 radio. Looks like it is some sort of coding issue. Was debating buying a cable and attempting to code it myself, but I am hesitant.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 09:14 AM   #7
cptgonzo
Private
Rep

So i decided to get the DCAN cable instead of paying for diag. It is all set up and I have connected INPA as well as EcS expert. I have been able to access everything except 2urad and 2mulf. I was able to switch the input on the radio to SAT and it functions correctly, but I cannot switch to another source unless I want to hook up INPA and change inputs back to sat. Any ideas of how to get sat option back? I have updated the VO taking away $693 and adding $655 and coded to CAS as well as NFRM and ng_reset the 2URAD with no success. I've gone through the coding and all SDARS is aktiv as well as inbox (sat receiver is in radio). Any Ideas?
Appreciate 0