E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

03-10-2006, 06:10 AM   #309
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare
I just checked with the BMW parts shop on the retrofit kit for the xenon lights.

Freaking $40K!!! And that's not including tax! I wonder if there's any easier way to rip us off.

My salesguy called me up today as well. Told me that the first batch of 323 has arrived and I could test drive it on Monday. Raychkg must be very happy to hear this.
Wow You must be joking! 40 grand? Maybe you can try to order the part itself from outside and install them at garages.

Dealer = Stealer

Yes, the first batch of 323i arrived on March 3 I think and raychkg told us that the transport department will inspect them mid March and he is expecting his car end of March, take so long!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 08:41 AM   #310
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535i GT

Quote:
I just checked with the BMW parts shop on the retrofit kit for the xenon lights.

Freaking $40K!!! And that's not including tax! I wonder if there's any easier way to rip us off.

My salesguy called me up today as well. Told me that the first batch of 323 has arrived and I could test drive it on Monday. Raychkg must be very happy to hear this.
How come your BM salesguy has the 323 ready for TD next Mon but mine is still pending Transport Dept to inspect next Friday???? :mad:
Have to check with my salesguy tomorrow again....
Hey Ksquare, I only pay $7k + tax for the bi-xenon headlight option.....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #311
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Guess your salesguy is right.

Mine told me that I'll be test driving the car before it goes for inspection using the red plate. No idea how it works but one thing's for sure, I'm gonna drive it lunch time Monday .

I know it only cost 7K +tax, that is if you choose the option at the same time when you order it.

As RD mentioned, I think it's best I order it from outside. RD, you did mention a shop who would be able to order any parts so long as we have the part number?

Getting accessories from the BMW parts shop is a real rip-off. I saw in ebay the whole set costs US$2.6K.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 09:43 AM   #312
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:

Mine told me that I'll be test driving the car before it goes for inspection using the red plate. No idea how it works but one thing's for sure, I'm gonna drive it lunch time Monday .

I know it only cost 7K +tax, that is if you choose the option at the same time when you order it.

As RD mentioned, I think it's best I order it from outside. RD, you did mention a shop who would be able to order any parts so long as we have the part number?

Getting accessories from the BMW parts shop is a real rip-off. I saw in ebay the whole set costs US$2.6K.
Yes, I feel your pain. I have ordered the rear power sunshade retrofit kit from BMW HK (I don't have choice because I need BMW HK to install it and they would not install any parts provided by outside source) If I order it when I buy my car, for sure it will cost alot less.

ksquare, you can call Tony at Valiant in Mong Kok (tel no is 27899968). You can check the below link for the part number for the bi-xenon retrofit:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...39&hg=63&fg=95

Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 10:08 AM   #313
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Thanks RD. Will check it out along with a few of my other contacts.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 10:11 AM   #314
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

ksquare, thx for your info...makes me feel better.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #315
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raychkg
ksquare, thx for your info...makes me feel better.
ray, maybe you can go and check the 323i demo so you know what you would expect when you pick up your car!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 10:22 AM   #316
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep

hope ksquare won't be driving my new SG/terra 323 next mon under the red plate
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2006, 08:16 PM   #317
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
hope ksquare won't be driving my new SG/terra 323 next mon under the red plate
haha! maybe you should ask ksquare to check the vin number so you can check if this is your car when you pick it up
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2006, 03:03 AM   #318
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Raychkg, you have the honour of me doing the additional "inspection" for you.

And I'll do it for free!

Just kidding. The car i'm going to drive is the test drive car.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #319
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:

And I'll do it for free!

ksquare,

Please make a driving impression report for us after you TD the 323i!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2006, 10:03 AM   #320
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

And I'll do it for free!

oh ksquare, it is so kind of you.....
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #321
ksquare
Captain
Rep

I asked in one of the threads how different the 323 is compared to the 325. Reply was that one could hardly tell the difference at low rpms. The difference will be rpms above 4K.

Will let you all know come Monday.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #322
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

guys,

I would like to finalize our second meet before I go to Europe. We had some suggestions:

1. Destination: Pak Shek (Ma On Shan) Golf course for BBQ
2. Destination: Tai Mo Shan nature park, then lunch at "Kam Tin"
3. Destination: Please suggest some places in Hong Kong island as long as there are enough parkings for us.

Please vote and make some suggestions. The date will be Mid April.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 08:48 AM   #323
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
guys,

I would like to finalize our second meet before I go to Europe. We had some suggestions:

1. Destination: Pak Shek (Ma On Shan) Golf course for BBQ
2. Destination: Tai Mo Shan nature park, then lunch at "Kam Tin"
3. Destination: Please suggest some places in Hong Kong island as long as there are enough parkings for us.
RD

Both 1 and 2 are nice !

I did not refer to Pak Shek (Ma On Shan ), actually , I was referring to the 'Garden Art' golf ranch in Ma On Shan; which they are not far away from each other. The Garden should be less crowded than Pak Shek. It seems they also have BBQ service. However, I have never been to BBQ in any of them .

Tai Mo Shan is also excited but I dont know where to park.

Hong Kong side, Shei'O is nice very, but I guess we have to be there very early in order to park. Further down, Nam Wan beach should also have some parking spaces. We can first do photos at Shei'O and Nam Wan beach; then we can opt to drive to Stanley market. The new shoppping arcade have indoor parking lot.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #324
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
RD

Both 1 and 2 are nice !

I did not refer to Pak Shek (Ma On Shan ), actually , I was referring to the 'Garden Art' golf ranch in Ma On Shan; which they are not far away from each other. The Garden should be less crowded than Pak Shek. It seems they also have BBQ service. However, I have never been to BBQ in any of them .

Tai Mo Shan is also excited but I dont know where to park.

Hong Kong side, Shei'O is nice very, but I guess we have to be there very early in order to park. Further down, Nam Wan beach should also have some parking spaces. We can first do photos at Shei'O and Nam Wan beach; then we can opt to drive to Stanley market. The new shoppping arcade have indoor parking lot.
Thanks t, well let's see what other member thinks before we decide.

Looking forward to our second meet, can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #325
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Garden Farm Golf Centre, Ma On Shan

Here is a link!

BBQ service:-

BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 09:58 PM   #326
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntlaw
Garden Farm Golf Centre, Ma On Shan

Here is a link!

BBQ service:-

Thanks so much for the detailed infos. It looks very interesting!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #327
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330

RD & Cntlaw,

Indeed both are good, but 2 sounds more challenging & fun to drive. Tai Mo Shan Country Park has park lots so it's not so much of a problem.

Just a thought, do you guys wanta do some hiking before lunch. Hok Tau Pai, i did a short trail about an hour, pictureseque scenary, plenty of parking lots. What we can do is to gather at downtown, drive all the way their, do a hiking, drive back to Tai Po for lunch. The place which is closed to CU offers free parking, reasonably priced lunch & a view of Tolo Harbour. YOur thought....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #328
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks CNT & RD, it's good to have our second meet in Mid-April as I'm just told by the BM salesguy that my 323i will ready, the earliest, by the last week this month.
I am open on time & venue of our second meet but my preference, if feasible & practical, is: 1) in HK Island side (I know it's difficult to find sufficient parking ******* & 2) start not too early...10am is good.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 10:13 PM   #329
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnywuh
RD & Cntlaw,

Indeed both are good, but 2 sounds more challenging & fun to drive. Tai Mo Shan Country Park has park lots so it's not so much of a problem.

Just a thought, do you guys wanta do some hiking before lunch. Hok Tau Pai, i did a short trail about an hour, pictureseque scenary, plenty of parking lots. What we can do is to gather at downtown, drive all the way their, do a hiking, drive back to Tai Po for lunch. The place which is closed to CU offers free parking, reasonably priced lunch & a view of Tolo Harbour. YOur thought....
Thanks sunny for your suggestions. May I know the exact location of that restaurant? Is it the one where many old fashion movies setting? I think the scenary should be good.

Yes, Tai Mo Shan parks have plenty of parkings and offer very good scenary too!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #330
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Thanks CNT & RD, it's good to have our second meet in Mid-April as I'm just told by the BM salesguy that my 323i will ready, the earliest, by the last week this month.
I am open on time & venue of our second meet but my preference, if feasible & practical, is: 1) in HK Island side (I know it's difficult to find sufficient parking ******* & 2) start not too early...10am is good.
Good to hear that your car is ready soon! Since I am not very familiar w/ places in the Island. Can you suggest some places w/ plenty of parkings?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread