BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
STepeci
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

ECS Tuning Grille Set Review (Matte Black)

My newly acquired 135 came with some carbon fiber grilles that were not exactly my taste so I set out to search for some matte black grilles to match the rear lower bumper. ECS Tuning is local to me, unfortunately they wouldn't let me pick them up so I could install them right away but that's besides the point. I purchased their Blackout Matte Black grilles for $50 shipped priority USPS which can be seen here: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E82-135....0L/ES2189844/

The fitment and finish are spot on, the price is outstanding and you definitely won't go wrong with these BUT you may need to do a little custom work to get these to install effortlessly.

You can use this DIY for grille removal/installation but please see the tool I made below to save you some bucks: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=grille+review

So here is the tab that will catch on your bumper and prevent you from snapping the grille in if you do not trim it:

Trim the lip flat with a razor blade, be careful rookies!

Custom little tool I made from a nail for the removal of the grille, or you could buy a pick like the DIY thread:

Lower rear bumper match:

Finished without flash:

Finished with flash:

NO gaps:

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

I purchased these couple months ago just had them installed by the dealer when I got my software update done. Very happy with them. Can't go wrong for the price. I have purchases many items from ecs for previous cars and will continue to do so.
Appreciate 0