BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-26-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
thetaobear
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i Crimson Red

Thumbs up Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts Review

I got mine from HP Autosport,
http://www.rogueengineering.com/Rogu...nts_p_137.html

In summary, these transmission mounts are absolutely fantastic. Shifts are a lot crispier and increased NVH is near non-existent. I highly recommend these mounts.

After installing my SSK, I realized my shifter is still a bit sloppy. When in track during hard turns, or acceleration, I had to hunt for gears.

Research: I first ordered the e46 M3 mounts. I looked at a few posts, I started getting cold feet. Few have stated they did not notice the difference between stock and e46 M3 mounts. I also looked at UUC's but some have complained about their fit and quality. Then I stumbled upon the Rogue Engineer mounts which heard mostly rave reviews, due to its balance between NVH and shift feeling.

One of the posts said, from NVH to shift feeling
"Stock < E46 M3 < RE < UUC Black < UUC Red"

Install: Install was fairly simple. I used:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656753
Few notes and hints,
- For the splash shields, I just put aside the triangular one. I just removed the 3 bolts from the front then rotated it about the 1 bolt from the back to save time.
-The nuts holding the brace up, I used a pipe and a wrench to increase torque while I was underneath.
- I used a jack to *slightly* lift the transmission above the mounts

Review:
NVH - there is a lot more small vibrations when you firmly hold the shifter. However, that is pretty much it. The shifter doesn't wobble around as much as before during hard turns and acceleration. I like the new much better.

Shifting feel fantastic, esp. with the SSK. I absolutely love it. The car feels more serious.

Last edited by thetaobear; 06-26-2017 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 5