BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #1
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Mike@ VAC Motorsports

Over the past few days, I have been in communication with Mike at VAC motorsports regarding having a 3.46 rear, with Quaife built for my MY08 135i. He has gone above and beyond what I would refer to as good customer service. He answered all my questions, and even did individual research on the correct housing I needed to accomplish the 3.46 Final Drive in a manual chassis car.

Before talking to him, I jumped the gun on purchasing a rear from a online auto recycler that came from an 08 auto car, figuring "all autos are bolted diffs", and it had the 3.46, all I had to do was add a LSD. Turns out, all autos from 08/2007 use a smaller rear then the manuals do, and this does not bolt right into a manual car. Not only are the bolts that mount the diff to the chassis different, the taillshaft length is also different.

Low and behold, VAC came through for me, and in good faith, bought the core off me for what I paid for it!!! Your not going to find customer service like that, anywhere.

I took a drive out to Philly today to go drop my core off, and pay for my diff they are building. Mike greeted me, and was very friendly. He gave me the "royal" tour, and I can assure you, having worked in a few "tuner" shops over the years...these guys are the place you want to have your car. To put it bluntly...this place isint the typical "we bolt intakes and superchargers on your car, and we can tint and detail it too..." You would be FOOLISH NOT TO bring your car here, or do business with them if you live in the tri-state area.

In the main shop area, they had 2 race preped e30 M3's up on the lift, one with a built motor. Right next to it they had a e90m3, totally gutted getting ready for a cage. Mike told me the guy with this car is getting a decent track prep for the car, then is shipping it over to the motherland, and keeping it parked at a garage right outside of the ring. Out back lay, an e46 full race car, looked like an older "speed world challenge contender", their 1 series project, GTR, and a track preped 06-07 STI, just to name a few.

They also have 2 dynos, a dynapack axle dyno, and what I consider the best dyno on the market today, the AWD mustang dyno. Having operated one of these for over 2 years, you can really appreciate the load holding and progressive road programs the mustang offers.

They have a full machine and engine building shop attached on their properties, with 5 CNC machines, a flow bench, engine clean room, engine decking, and what i believe was a serdi valve machine. There was plenty of tooling all over the place, and you could see this shop is equipped for small projects requiring one peice to be machined, or it could support a small production line, for a host of CNC machined goodness.

He then brought me to the warehouse which was CHOCK full of parts. This isint some dropship vendor, which has no experience with any of the parts they sell. From what I could tell, they had to have at least $200,000 worth of parts on hand, if not more. I was thoroughly impressed to say the least.

In conclusion, having been around the block more then a few times, I can say without any hesitation, VAC Motorsports in Philly gets a from me.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
scott135i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

+1... dealt with Mike for a simple wheels purchase, and he went above and beyond.

Can't wait to stop by the next time I am in Philly.
Appreciate 0