Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton91 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Car is at dealer. They performed the differential fluid change. Here's the part number they are coming back with:

83 222 357 992

Looks like they screwed up can someone please confirm?
That comes up as SAF-XJ+FM diff fluid which correct for the 1M. They come in different packs or single bottles with different part numbers but if that's what they put in your diff you are good!
Thanks! Appreciate the quick response!
Man I'm sorry maybe it was too quick. That number returned the FM booster on ECS site but I looked at others and it returned regular SAF XJ. You want the FM booster version which was added to address some issues with our diff. It won't hurt anything for a short while just normal driving but I think it merits a call to the service department. Again sorry about that.
No worries man! Thankfully I have a great SA, so even though I had already told him all was OK, I went back to him again and asked him to actually change it to the right fluid. So all good, They are changing it to the proper fluid as per this thread.

Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 10:19 AM   #420
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Car is at dealer. They performed the differential fluid change. Here's the part number they are coming back with:

83 222 357 992

Looks like they screwed up can someone please confirm?
That comes up as SAF-XJ+FM diff fluid which correct for the 1M. They come in different packs or single bottles with different part numbers but if that's what they put in your diff you are good!
Thanks! Appreciate the quick response!
Man I'm sorry maybe it was too quick. That number returned the FM booster on ECS site but I looked at others and it returned regular SAF XJ. You want the FM booster version which was added to address some issues with our diff. It won't hurt anything for a short while just normal driving but I think it merits a call to the service department. Again sorry about that.
No worries man! Thankfully I have a great SA, so even though I had already told him all was OK, I went back to him again and asked him to actually change it to the right fluid. So all good, They are changing it to the proper fluid as per this thread.

Thanks again!!
Awesome!!!
Appreciate 1
arvinz322.00
      01-16-2022, 06:55 AM   #421
Antuan
Rep
Drives: 1M

Here in Spain BMW uses 0w30 M engine oil. Although some years ago it was 5w30.

Appreciate 0