E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Hong Kong members, please sign in here for a meet!

Closed Thread

06-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #1409
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD Sport
I think our member 2020 has some. I will ask him to bring some to our next meet

or

get it from Jason, please read this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4765
I will have a few stickers left, show up in our next meet and you can have it.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 02:40 AM   #1410
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep
Drives: from Deutchland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020
I will have a few stickers left, show up in our next meet and you can have it.
Thanks 2020, so how's your rims and parts from Valiant? arrived?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #1411
ksquare
Captain
Rep
Drives: 535 GT

Audio upgrade

Guys,

Managed to take some pics of the audio upgrade as follows, and also one of my car. Let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 04:46 AM   #1412
mic325
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3, 2016 F15 X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquare
Since there are quite a number of us in this situation, maybe we should group together and approach the dealer to strike a deal. Failing which, we will lobby a group complaint to BMW international for discouraging us from upgrading and enjoying our cars even more. We should not be held to ransom just because we did not choose an option at point of order which a lot of us didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikuE90
Count me in if you are thinking of a group buy/upgrade.

$7000+tax vs. $42000 is just ridiculous.
Guys, haven't come to the E90 forum for a while.

I am shock to see the price for the retrofit on the E90 is $10k more than the E60. I got a quote from BMWHK earlier this year, and it is $31000 for parts & installation for my 5er.

If you guys are really doing the group lobbying, please count me in for this lonely E60 owner.
MODS Break My Wallet
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 05:38 AM   #1413
rikuF10
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 G29

Garage List
2019 BMW Z4  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [8.50]
Quote:
Guys,

Managed to take some pics of the audio upgrade as follows, and also one of my car. Let me know if you have any questions.

Nice pics man!

have a question....what is the cylinder device to the left of the amplifer? Is it a capacitor of some sort?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 06:50 AM   #1414
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Yes. It's the power capacitor for the amp.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 07:58 AM   #1415
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic325
Guys, haven't come to the E90 forum for a while.

I am shock to see the price for the retrofit on the E90 is $10k more than the E60. I got a quote from BMWHK earlier this year, and it is $31000 for parts & installation for my 5er.

If you guys are really doing the group lobbying, please count me in for this lonely E60 owner.

hi mic, where have you been? We miss you

BTW, we are having a get together next Sunday. Would the E60 gang interested to join us? If so, please visit the below thread to sign up

http://www.e90post.com/forums/calend...=2006-6-11&c=1
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:03 AM   #1416
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Guys,

ks, looks like it's a very good job but.... I see a circle scratch or pencil mark on your 1st photo. I guess it's the template for the hole
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #1417
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535i GT

I figured out why I spend $2.37/km

One of my rear RFTs has complete loss of pressure for ages and it's not shown in the warning indicator:mad:
I think this is the root cause for the slippery and I'll give RFT another try before replacing them with non RFTs.:rocks:

ps. RD & CNT, do you guys remember that both your pressure meter can't measure one of my RFTs pressure during our last meet? I think this is the reason
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:44 AM   #1418
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Yes, RD. There's a circle mark which I'll get the guy to clean it off when I next visit him to do some fine tuning once the equipment has run in. I think he marked the circle to make the correct hole position.

I'm pleasantly surprised by the way the guy did the tweeter. I'd thought he would have the external tweeter case stuck over the pillar like two ears sticking out.

With the current set up, I can now feel and hear real bass when it's required. Not the ones that will shake the whole car, but real solid bass. I didn't realise a 6" woofer can generate such lows.

The overall sound is as if it has "opened up". Real glad I did the upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:47 AM   #1419
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raychkg

One of my rear RFTs has complete loss of pressure for ages and it's not shown in the warning indicator:mad:
I think this is the root cause for the slippery and I'll give RFT another try before replacing them with non RFTs.:rocks:

ps. RD & CNT, do you guys remember that both your pressure meter can't measure one of my RFTs pressure during our last meet? I think this is the reason

I had similar experience. When I changed the tyre pressure from 35psi to 31psi, there was no warning at all. I wonder how effective this pressure warning system is, measuring diameter changes instead of the pressure itself.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:48 AM   #1420
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:

Ooo. I remembered that we can't get the pressure on 1 of your tire on our night meet... but why the tire pressure warning didn't work? Anyway, remember to reset your tire pressure indicator after you have make any adjustment on pressure.

Maybe that's the reason why your car is so heavy on fuel and so slippery....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:51 AM   #1421
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
I had similar experience. When I changed the tyre pressure from 35psi to 31psi, there was no warning at all. I wonder how effective this pressure warning system is, measuring diameter changes instead of the pressure itself.
It worked fine for me last month. I got a tire pressure warning and I stop the car and check the pressure. It was very low at around 15psi so I rush to the gas station and pump it to 45psi and drive straight to the tire shop for repairs. If it didn't work, then I think I will have to do an emergency repair on the side of the road or I will have a complete tire failure..... saved my a$$
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #1422
ksquare
Captain
Rep

RD, I guess it'll work better with normal tyres as they tend to lose more in shape when there's a flat compared to the runflats.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #1423
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Ooo. I remembered that we can't get the pressure on 1 of your tire on our night meet... but why the tire pressure warning didn't work? Anyway, remember to reset your tire pressure indicator after you have make any adjustment on pressure.

Maybe that's the reason why your car is so heavy on fuel and so slippery....
the tire pressure warning indicator worked when I changed the 16" with the 17" wheel set. I then reset the indicator right away. It never turns on since then....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 08:58 AM   #1424
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
RD, I guess it'll work better with normal tyres as they tend to lose more in shape when there's a flat compared to the runflats.

O, I think you are completely right, Ks. Since the RFT has a stiff sidewall, it wouldn't go flat if it has a complete pressure lost and our tire pressure sensor determine if there is a lost of pressure by the diameter of the tire.

Yes, my non RFT was quite "flat" when the tire warning indicator on...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 09:02 AM   #1425
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
the tire pressure warning indicator worked when I changed the 16" with the 17" wheel set. I then reset the indicator right away. It never turns on since then....
I guess as Ksquare mentioned, there is a problem with RFT tires w/ our tire pressure warning system. It's not logical to have a system determine "lose of tire pressure" with reference to the diameter of the tire while having RFT tire which basically will not get flat even you dont have any pressure.

I still remembered even cnt and I can't get your tire pressure reading that night. Your tire looks completely normal....

You know what, you just experienced the benefit of RFT, you can drive for so long without any tire pressure
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #1426
raychkg
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You know what, you just experienced the benefit of RFT, you can drive for so long without any tire pressure
very true...I've driven a totally FLAT rft for over 700km
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #1427
Neekulaz
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320i SG/Biege/Walnut

Had a minor car accident today

Was driving from Tokwawan to Cross Harbour Tunnel. When I drove up to the Hong Cheong Road (the road to tunnel) and trying to cut into the far right lane which is for autotoll car, a car from behind which I guess was speeding crashed into my right rim and surrounding area.

My car was around or more than 2/3 in the lane where the crash occured. The car behind tried to brake but failed because it was simply too fast. I heard braking sound before the crash.

Surprisingly, there were only a few minor scratches on my rear bumper, rear skirt, "sand board" and the right rear rim. Not readily noticeable. For the car behind (a rather old Japanese car), the left front bumper and the lights were all destroyed. Both front rims were scratched (the car also scratched on the wall of the other side)...

Refused to settle. Let the police officer took a statement. Let's see what'll happen in the next few days.

Given the minor damage, I think I may still attend the meet next Sunday (if I manage to recover from the psychiatric harm!)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #1428
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
very true...I've driven a totally FLAT rft for over 700km
Wow, you have driven 700km since last night meet? After the night meet, I have driven 0km on my car
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 09:15 AM   #1429
RD Sport
Freude am Fahren
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekulaz

Was driving from Tokwawan to Cross Harbour Tunnel. When I drove up to the Hong Cheong Road (the road to tunnel) and trying to cut into the far right lane which is for autotoll car, a car from behind which I guess was speeding crashed into my right rim and surrounding area.

My car was around or more than 2/3 in the lane where the crash occured. The car behind tried to brake but failed because it was simply too fast. I heard braking sound before the crash.

Surprisingly, there were only a few minor scratches on my rear bumper, rear skirt, "sand board" and the right rear rim. Not readily noticeable. For the car behind (a rather old Japanese car), the left front bumper and the lights were all destroyed. Both front rims were scratched (the car also scratched on the wall of the other side)...

Refused to settle. Let the police officer took a statement. Let's see what'll happen in the next few days.

Given the minor damage, I think I may still attend the meet next Sunday (if I manage to recover from the psychiatric harm!)
That's sad! So is the owner of that car willing to compensate you? Keep us informed on how it goes....

There are many careless drivers out there.....
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #1430
ksquare
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekulaz

I'm very surprised by the relatively small damage. I could really tell the difference between the e46 and e90 bodies. The e90 is definitely much softer. I could see and feel the body bend as I press on it. Especially noticeable area are the roof, side and bumpers.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread