BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-24-2011, 12:26 AM   #67
RPChan
BMW for Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e93 M3 HT

Garage List
Will that mirror work for a fully loaded 1M?
Thanks
Robert
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 12:38 AM   #68
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

If you are referring to the mirror in the eBay auction referenced by Muscles, it has the standard homelink mirror mount, which is the one with the protruding nubs. (It looks slightly different because it has the older-style plastic housing surrounding the mount.) And though I'm far from an expert, I would assume that the mirror would work with a fully-loaded 1M. Keep in mind that the mirror in the auction is the older large clown nose type.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 09:45 AM   #69
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO E82 1M /// MW F80 M3

I am at a loss. I installed the homelink mirror on my 1M with all the options and while the compass and auto dim work, I cannot get the homelink to work. Have removed and re-installed with same results. PN# 51169192335 The homelink will flash that it has been cleared but seems to not accept new codes. Not sure how else to describe it.
      02-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #70
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuRevel View Post
I am at a loss. I installed the homelink mirror on my 1M with all the options and while the compass and auto dim work, I cannot get the homelink to work. Have removed and re-installed with same results. PN# 51169192335 The homelink will flash that it has been cleared but seems to not accept new codes. Not sure how else to describe it.
It sounds like the mirror is getting juice so my guess is that it's not a wiring issue.

You have probably looked through all the online programming info but it might be worth looking at:

2. http://www.homelink.com/bmw and then enter in all the proper info including garage door opener manufacturer etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2018, 02:33 PM   #71
blue135
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

There are some door openers that require some sort of electronic bridge or add on to work properly. That was the case with my 2008 E88 when I moved to this house. The Homelink worked fine in Charlotte on a ten year old Chamberlain from Lowes.

Then I moved to a brand new house here in Florida with Liftmaster openers. Homelink would not work, then I installed a Chamberlain Homelink Rptr or Homelink Compatibility Bridge as recommended in the opener manual.

Now it works, not great, but it works.

Last edited by blue135; 02-19-2018 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2018, 03:15 PM   #72
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue135 View Post
There are some door openers that require some sort of electronic bridge or add on to work properly. That was the case with my 2008 E88 when I moved to this house. The Homelink worked fine in Charlotte on a ten year old Chamberlain from Lowes.

Then I moved to a brand new house here in Florida with Liftmaster openers. Homelink would not work, then I installed a Chamberlain Homelink Rptr or Homelink Compatibility Bridge as recommended in the opener manual.

Now it works, not great, but it works.
BMW's compatibility with homelink is spotty over the years ... some years the mirror works by itself and as you mentioned some models over certain years have to have a compatibility bridge.. it's complex enough that one cannot even specify certain years as models overlap years and some models work while others do not.

http://www.homelink.com/compatible/vehicles/all

Despite the list in the web page.. Keep in mind that 3 series E46 may work..but 3 series E90 May not.. for example..

The HomeLink® Compatibility Bridge is designed to allow compatibility between a new Chamberlain, Sears Craftsman, or LiftMaster garage door opener and the HomeLink system in your vehicle. Refer to the your vehicle owner’s manual for specific instructions on programming the HomeLink system. Your model may look different than illustrated in this programming guide.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-19-2018 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 11:34 AM   #73
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO E82 1M /// MW F80 M3

Thanks for the info and links guys! My F80 had zero issues linking up to my garage so hopefully the retro fit will too....eventually.