Member crafted at BMW ///M
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DKG M3, M3 GTS, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MbmC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikrotom View Post
This 1 M coupe done in individual color (Sepang or Sparkling Bronze) was mentioned here. Color is taken from other car that came also from Leipzig factory (X1).

Unsure if this has been discussed previously, but this car was not done in this colour from Leipzig, but by the dealer before delivery to the customer.
Sure about that ?
I read an article from the owner of Sinpaour Dealership in the one he says BMW make everything they want. And that was precisely illustrated with this Sepang 1M and an other one with the Moto GP Safetycar's hood...
      06-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #90
RiefferD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red 135i

different...
      06-23-2012, 01:16 PM   #91
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-507 View Post
Sure about that ?
I read an article from the owner of Sinpaour Dealership in the one he says BMW make everything they want. And that was precisely illustrated with this Sepang 1M and an other one with the Moto GP Safetycar's hood...

+1. I remember that thread too. I thought Leipzig had to send the 1M to //M GmbH in Garching (~410 kms away!) and they took the car apart and painted it. Then the car went back to Leipzig for final production. I thought someone said the special color costs four or five times the normal price of 5K euros for Individual paint.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 07:33 PM   #92
///MbmC
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1 series M coupe Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Sure about that ?

+1. I remember that thread too. I thought Leipzig had to send the 1M to //M GmbH in Garching (~410 kms away!) and they took the car apart and painted it. Then the car went back to Leipzig for final production. I thought someone said the special color costs four or five times the normal price of 5K euros for Individual paint.
Yup, that was the thread that showcased the world's first M dealership in Singapore. I was picking up my 1M at the time this car was being prepared in this colour by the dealership. I don't remember it's original colour though... I do know how much it cost
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #93
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
The color immediately made me crave a Green Apple or something of that nature. Not my choice, but still an eye catching color combo.
      06-24-2012, 10:44 AM   #94
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Great color!

Does anyone know why BMW did such a short production run on the 1M for the USA?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #95
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Sure about that ?
The 1M car with the GP hood etc started out as a stock 1M and the owner has been moding it for track use
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #96
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

WoW the Sepang Bronze 1M is Very Nice!

I wonder that the 1M would look like in Cashmire Silver!?
(After all that was the original press release color for the E82/E88 in 2008)
(In 2012 you can still select your 1 series to be built in this awesome color)
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #97
Motohip
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Ok so 7 cars, couple of hundred thousand pounds spent and 25 years of buying the brand (currently have BMW and Mini) so at what point do you become a special customer ?
1 car every three years and that makes you special? That's like 99% of their customers!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #98
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
Yeah, same here. It's irritating to see actually. I would have gladly paid the individual premium to have my choice of color!
i was going to post the EXACT same comment, but you beat me to it!

+1000000

wish we couldn't ordered different premium/individual colors from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #99
mPlasticDesign
Major General
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i Msport w/LSD
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Garage List
Was the M dealership in Russia #2 in the world then?
      06-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #100
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohip View Post
1 car every three years and that makes you special? That's like 99% of their customers!
I never said i was special i simply asked at what point do you become special, read the post before you make a pointless comment
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:08 AM   #101
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

The alloys on the Bronze 1M appear darker than standard. Would like to know what colour they are. Anyone know?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #102
emathis
Private
Rep
Drives: X6//M + 1series V8

Happy for the lucky owner of this beautiful 1M.
Unfortunately, BMW will never ever sell a car to me anymore. A few months ago, the irresponsible people in Munich refused to build a 1M for me in Orange GtS, just arguing, this wasn't possible, even if I'd pay for. On the contrary, they tried to convince me of ordering a disgusting VO...... On top, they knew that I already own a AW one.......
So you stupid people in Munich, hope you'll be able to read this and think it over. Anyhow, this is the best way to fire your customers.......and the other German constructors, not MB nor Audi or other VW's will be happy to build the car I want to in the color I want, and take the money I pay them for.......in diesem Sinne, liebe BMW-ler, ich hoffe ihr habt es jetzt verstanden.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #103
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathis View Post
Unfortunately, BMW will never ever sell a car to me anymore. A few months ago, the irresponsible people in Munich refused to build a 1M for me in Orange GtS, just arguing, this wasn't possible, even if I'd pay for. On the contrary, they tried to convince me of ordering a disgusting VO...... On top, they knew that I already own a AW one.......
So you stupid people in Munich, hope you'll be able to read this and think it over. Anyhow, this is the best way to fire your customers.......and the other German constructors, not MB nor Audi or other VW's will be happy to build the car I want to in the color I want, and take the money I pay them for.......in diesem Sinne, liebe BMW-ler, ich hoffe ihr habt es jetzt verstanden.
Keep cool, man. It's only a color. Don't judge the book by its cover. Over time you'll start to appreciate VO.

And if you open the boot and the bonnet, you'll notice that the inside looks a bit like matte orange. Check it if you don't believe me.
      06-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #104
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoM3 View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but (<--Wait, isn't that the actual color?).........
+1 Barf is right, looks like that awful Camaro that was floating around the shows last year....
Attached Images

06-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #105
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

but you'll keep trolling bimmer boards eh?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #106
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Why BMW kept the Individual specification from the 1M is down to pure and simple German efficiency.
The Leipzig production line is run to schedule , stopping production costs time and money , every special 1M exclusively produced had this in the finished cost aswell as transportation and shipping which in total you are around a few thousand euro short from another 1M.
Leipzig is running at full capacity thanks to the X1 and now they will be manufacturing US market X1's and Leipzig is undergoing expansion to accomodate the BMW i3 and BMW i8 production cars.

Quote:
Unfortunately, BMW will never ever sell a car to me anymore. A few months ago, the irresponsible people in Munich refused to build a 1M for me in Orange GtS, just arguing, this wasn't possible, even if I'd pay for.
Did you understand the full information that it would not be the typical @ Individual "invoice?" Due to the logistics involved?

So you stupid people in Munich, hope you'll be able to read this and think it over. Anyhow, this is the best way to fire your customers.......
Quote:
It was not offered and was purely the customers vision and pocketbook which determines that vision. Because Leipzig was not equipped for Individual work , all standard offers were rejected.
Anything special was taken off the line and taken to Garching and then brought back to the line. All at cost to the customer.
Not everybody could afford the overall cost to have that unique 1M, those that did understood the full conditions.
and the other German constructors, not MB nor Audi or other VW's will be happy to build the car I want to in the color I want, and take the money I pay them for.
Quote:
Yes they will probably do so , but ask yourself this?
Will they actually build the car you want? The Audi RS 3 was not on the same level as a 1M in terms of driver enjoyment.
      06-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #107
emathis
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=SCOTT26;12222260]
You're right in your argumentation.....it's just the way the chose and the manner they acted that was so disappointing. I keep loving my AW 1 M, which is quite unique in it's way too, since it's all but conventionnal anymore.
I've had so many cars, and still have quite a few, that I am really looking out for smthg not conventionnal. That was my idea of having a 1 M in GTS-Orange
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #108
kazin
Private
Rep
Drives: a

Quote:
You're right in your argumentation.....it's just the way the chose and the manner they acted that was so disappointing. I keep loving my AW 1 M, which is quite unique in it's way too, since it's all but conventionnal anymore.
I've had so many cars, and still have quite a few, that I am really looking out for smthg not conventionnal. That was my idea of having a 1 M in GTS-Orange

Paint it yourself?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #109
emathis
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazin View Post
Paint it yourself?
That's exactly what they suggested me, reading ib between the lines of their argumentation......and that's precisely what I intended to avoid by all means. The idea was to have it ex-works in GTS-Orange, not post delivery. Might be a question of principle, but starting from the point where I pay for, I would like to get what I want
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #110
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
That's exactly what they suggested me, reading ib between the lines of their argumentation......and that's precisely what I intended to avoid by all means. The idea was to have it ex-works in GTS-Orange, not post delivery. Might be a question of principle, but starting from the point where I pay for, I would like to get what I want
The world may be your oyster, but money can't buy everything. Some things are not for sale, regardless the gesture of waving with your wallet at BMW. Only when you're prepared to splash big cash they might have given it a second thought (as previously noted: double the price of the 1M and an individual color is no longer impossible). Get over it and look into wrap or paint options.