BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #1
jasonic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible sport DCT

Question 135i convertible, front latch, where it meets with the A Pillar..got a sec??

Hey Guys,

I have my baby in the shop currently. They replaced the seals on the A pillar, at the corners by the doors, where the convertible top connects to the body. After they did the work, it looked off to me, kind of like theres a large space/groove all around, ie" they don't come together flush, body to the top. The mechanic said it was to let rain water drain from the area. I wasn't paying attention to this area before and am unsure what its supposed to look like.

Can anyone with a 1 series convertible in decent shape, with a camera, quickly take a clear closer in pic of these corner joining areas and post it here?

Its possible they botched the job, and I want to be sure how its supposed to be seating when the tops up and in a closed position.

Many thanks guys,

J

Last edited by jasonic; 08-03-2016 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 12:30 AM   #2
muddtt
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i (E88)

I can take some photos tomorrow morning. Can you post photos of what you're talking about?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
jasonic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i convertible sport DCT

Thanks very much Mudtt, actually the dealership fixed the issue. They ended up fixing a bunch of other things that the CPO wasn't going to cover, FOR FREE, as they fixed the wrong thing initially and wanted to make it right.

To think, I was going to call the BAR and the BBB if they made me pay for fixing something that wasn't broken.

Very impressed by this.

J