BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #1
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Red and black all over

Well for the moment I've completed my conversion to a total red and black makeover. Future plans are to possibly do a custom black headliner, and if I find a good shadowline diffuser and perhaps lower grills I will change those out also. Clicking any of the images above should take you to my photo gallery with hi-res images.

Here's a list of the current mods:
Shadowline grills, M3 door sills, stainless slim license plate frame, locking lug bolts, BMW Performance center caps - Dan@United
Breyton GTS-R in black, Bridgestone Potenza RE-O1R tires - Gill@Tirerack
Shadowline 135i logo - Bimmian
GP Thunder angel eyes and cornering lights - **********s
Stett cold air intake and charge pipe with Forge diverter valves - Stett Performance
30% tint and clear bra

I just had the car detailed byOttman Detailing on Friday. Unfortunately the weather hasn't really cooperated since then so I haven't had the best luck getting good pics. Anybody in Dallas and the surrounding areas should give Josh Ottman a try if you're wanting to get your car to look the way it was supposed to before the dealer touched it.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #2
tridens
Delivered :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

This is the first car with black wheels that I find attractive. Awesome job and a great ride!
      05-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
parkstaff
PARKSTAFF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Vert / 2011 Z435is

Good Work Man! I Love the Reb/Black theme.......... Any thought on a slight drop? That would set her OFF
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
twinturbo135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I like the Stett setup. I'm really interested in going with that system but I'm kinda worried about the whole water getting near the air filter thing.

what's your thoughts or comments? have you been through much rain without any problems I hope?

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
saifsiddiqui
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92Xi

theres a place i forgot but you can get the bmw logos.. in white and black instead of white n blue.. next mod!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
HeyMoe53
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 M240 AW/Coral MT

The Crimson with Coral looks better than I thought it would. They actually do work together. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
This is the first car with black wheels that I find attractive. Awesome job and a great ride!
Thanks, I love the way it looks on this car. Although I like a lot of the black wheels I've seen on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkstaff View Post
Good Work Man! I Love the Reb/Black theme.......... Any thought on a slight drop? That would set her OFF
I've considered a drop. It will probably be a while, I have some other performance mods lined up so my money is tied up for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo135i View Post
I like the Stett setup. I'm really interested in going with that system but I'm kinda worried about the whole water getting near the air filter thing.

what's your thoughts or comments? have you been through much rain without any problems I hope?
I've been through a car wash. No problems. There'd have to be a huge puddle before it became a real problem, and even then it'd be enough water that it might cause other damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saifsiddiqui View Post
theres a place i forgot but you can get the bmw logos.. in white and black instead of white n blue.. next mod!
Nope, no way, won't do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMoe53 View Post
The Crimson with Coral looks better than I thought it would. They actually do work together. Congrats!
Crimson and Coral looks great. Coral is somewhat muted, and considering much of the interior is black, it's not to over powering.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I'm loving this car and I can't get enough of it.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
BSM 135i
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' BSM E82

nice combo! a drop will set it off nicely and red & black roundels will really set off the whole red/black theme
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 07:23 PM   #9
slog
(.)
Rep
Drives: 135i

LOVE it.

I think CF spoiler would top it off and go well with the red/black theme.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Looks Great!!!
      05-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #11
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM 135i View Post
nice combo! a drop will set it off nicely and red & black roundels will really set off the whole red/black theme
Nope, I'm leaving the roundels the way they are, they are that color for a reason and I think it would be disrespectful to change them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog View Post
LOVE it.

I think CF spoiler would top it off and go well with the red/black theme.
If I did that it would ruin the red/black theme and I would have to go red/carbon fiber.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
tridens
Delivered :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
If I did that it would ruin the red/black theme and I would have to go red/carbon fiber.
$$$$
      05-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #13
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Not my style, but very well executed... Looks good
      05-24-2009, 08:31 PM   #14
135iPSU
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
that looks awesome man, i love it!
      05-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Congrats, looks great! I like it even better and it's less common than the black over red interior/time attack look.

Seems I remember you having a problem with your Gravity shadowline diffuser, if not, that'd look nice, I love mine.

I don't like the weird color roundels either, but on those wheels I'd have to do a darker center cap somehow.

Do you still have the stock rear spoiler, I'd remove that if you haven't yet.

The Stett is just plain nasty...in a good way!

I'm in the opposite situation, I did my suspension and now I have to wait to afford my finishing performance mods.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 09:18 PM   #16
Yoshii
Major General
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2008 Titanium Silver 335i

looks really good...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #17
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
Congrats, looks great! I like it even better and it's less common than the black over red interior/time attack look.

Seems I remember you having a problem with your Gravity shadowline diffuser, if not, that'd look nice, I love mine.

I don't like the weird color roundels either, but on those wheels I'd have to do a darker center cap somehow.

Do you still have the stock rear spoiler, I'd remove that if you haven't yet.

The Stett is just plain nasty...in a good way!

I'm in the opposite situation, I did my suspension and now I have to wait to afford my finishing performance mods.
I haven't bought the Gravity shadowline diffuser. I would like something that looks more functional than the stock one, but in shadowline, not CF, that one is just to damn expensive.

I could switch to the Breyton centercaps. I might try that just to see how it looks. It's never bothered me much, but now that you mention it...

I have the stock spoiler, why remove it? It's just a lip, not very obtrusive. Gives the rear a bit more character.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 09:40 PM   #18
bimmerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Very well thought out combination of parts, looks great! I think some red angel eyes would look perfect on your car, ever thought about it?
      05-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #19
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
That, my friends, is what a perfect offset looks like. No "wagon wheels" here.

I like the BMW roundels on the wheels, my vote is to keep 'em.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #20
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboy View Post
Very well thought out combination of parts, looks great! I think some red angel eyes would look perfect on your car, ever thought about it?
No, angel eyes have never appealed to me. Nothing about the lights bothers me really. Also, one fortunate thing about Crimson is that the brake lights blend in, so I don't have to consider tinting those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackMulligan View Post
That, my friends, is what a perfect offset looks like. No "wagon wheels" here.

I like the BMW roundels on the wheels, my vote is to keep 'em.
I probably will. Even though the blue and white doesn't match my theme, it's a BMW, so it's ok. After all, I'm stuck with a license plate that doesn't match at all, but that's just the way things go with cars.

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #21
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
The Gravity shadowline diffuser costs like $130 once you get the credit back from your original. It's just a custom painted stock diffuser but much better painted than most could ever achieve.

It's just an opinion, but to me the stock rear spoiler looks out of place. Like a speed bump stuck on an otherwise smooth flowing trunk lid.

Are the Breyton center caps black with accents? If they are stick them on and take some pics for us to compare.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #22
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Looking good Keith..
Appreciate 0