BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-09-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Angry Stay away from Ranz Motorsports

Bunch of liars. Stay away from this place. Has been costing me a ton of money reversing this shop's damage and poor quality work on my car. They charged me for parts and labor that were never used. They take in way more projects than they can handle in a reasonable time frame, and make promises they can't deliver on. They'll point to a few custom jobs they've done as "proof," of their work... don't fall for it. I love my cars, and I wasn't there for accident repair. I took a car in show room condition to these guys for some major custom work. They butchered a beautiful car.

Private message me for in depth details and links to plenty of others complaining about ridiculous errors, extreme delays, and mishaps from this shop. Reputable shops and credible people will vouch for what I say. Pro-Mobile Detail called Ranz right in front of me to tell them how horrible their work was. They claim I rushed them. Apparently 3 months and 2 chances to detail isn't enough. Here's a link to the condition of my paint after they tried to "detail," it on two separate occasions because they left it uncovered under rain and sun for 3 months and took sand paper to the entire car. Absolutely the worst experience I've ever had with a shop. A nightmare.
Innovative Detailing - Extreme Correction - Custom Wide Body 335i - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com

Refer here for my review at e90post.com
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701332

Attacks my personal life. Incredibly unprofessional.

Lied to me and told me they purchased OEM M3 rear bumper to use for it's fender flares, like I had asked for, but actually used a bunch of bondo and charged me $760 for parts and labor they never did. Jay even went so far as to tell me they plastic welded everything. Straight up lie.

Gave my car back with parking sensors installed incorrectly, window trim wasn't sealed properly, floor mats had mud underneath them, and paint was horrendous.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
tranism
Care Bears vs Klingons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe

Wow, I'm speechless. I'm sorry man. I know that's little if any consolation. I hope in the end, everything is sorted out and least we now know to avoid that shop.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Wow thats horrible

On a slightly more upbeat note:

I want to have relations with your car. Damn thats a hot ride.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 135i M-Sport

Im so sorry to hear that but thanks for taking the time to post this up! i know i wont go there now
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
Im so sorry to hear that but thanks for taking the time to post this up! i know i wont go there now
You're welcome. Glad to steer people away from these clowns.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #6
iNAN3 SOLDi3R
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i LMB DCT

take these pukes to court man
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neema View Post
You're welcome. Glad to steer people away from these clowns.
If you ever do take them to court i have some strings i can pull with some top tier attorneys!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Thanks for sharing. And KEEP sharing your story and make them go broke and out of business for their laziness and complete and utter bullshit they do to "their" customers. It's shops like these that cut corners and rob from the main people keeping them open they dont realize how much more money they could have if they worked hard and did an honest days work. But no, everyone is just trying to make a quick buck off the backs of others and when they are caught like to puff their chest out and get into a physical altercation because they are too simple minded to know anything else. burn em'...
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
J-Sin
The Artist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90-LCI & 2008 E82

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328i  [10.00]
Sounds like an awful experience man. It appears that Jay isn't well educated and he has a broken caps lock button on his keyboard. For a "spoiled kid with a hand me down from your parents", you are more mature and well versed than this buffoon. I'll be sure to pass this on and steer clear of these clowns.

Betty White - 2011 E90LCI 328i - SOLD
Black Betty - 2008 E82 135i

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 12:46 AM   #10
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

3 other people, including Rolando, the event organizer for Motion Auto Show, have posted similar horrible reviews on Yelp since I posted mine just a few months ago.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/ranz-motorsports-south-el-monte

Appreciate 0