BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2021, 06:32 PM   #1
Ditcher
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

WGDC 1 and 2 going to 0

I'm having a hard time figuring out what's going on.
I have a 2009 135i FBO, rebuilt turbos with Rob upgraded turbo chras, running MHD map 7 stage 2+.

Randomly my WGDC will go to 0. My exhaust note will change when it happens. If I press the throttle in a little there will be a slight lag and boost kicks back in along with the WGDC. It don't seem to matter weather or not if i'm at cruising speed or not. Lambda bank 1 and 2 don't seem to change when it happens.
I had replaced the aft boost solenoid but both still go to 0.
Like i said its random. I drove to work and it was fine. Went to Lunch and it did it about 5 times. On way back it was fine.
Any idea what I should check? It is catless DP and straight pipe.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 07:39 AM   #2
Ditcher
Enlisted Member
Rep

Here's a question someone might know. The boost solenoid are tied to gather.
Would it be a bad idea to separate them to see if bank 1 or 2 solenoid changes?
I have also read somewhere else that this is considered normal for these cars?
Anyone else notice this? Today on way to work it was a little cold out and I noticed the wgdc went to 0 while going up hill. She still accelerated. Also dropped the tune down to stage 1 to see if that had anything to do with it. Clearly it didn't. I guess long as its not throwing codes it should be ok?
Guess I just need to do the ls swap.

update: It went to 0 when coming to a light to make a right hand turn. after making my right turn and giving it gas it stayed at 0 for a few sec before boost/wgdc kicked in. First time its done it coming to a light. I may just run a vacuum hose into the car with a gauge and see what vacuum is doing.

Last edited by Ditcher; 04-26-2021 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #3
Ditcher
Enlisted Member
Rep

Reset adaption and returned to factory tune. Will see what happens in the next few days.
Appreciate 0