BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-06-2021, 11:09 AM   #1
Spark365
Private
Rep
Drives: Infiniti g35

3SIM Disa valve connectors

Hi everyone. So I'm about to swap the 3SIM in my 128i, and I saw that the intake obviously has 2 connectors for the disa valves. Of course, the stock intake doesn't have disa, so which connectors do I need to connect there ? I can't imagine that the connectors are somewhere, unplugged just waiting for a 3stage intake manifold. Do I need to add them ?

Thank you !
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 04:32 PM   #2
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark365 View Post
Hi everyone. So I'm about to swap the 3SIM in my 128i, and I saw that the intake obviously has 2 connectors for the disa valves. Of course, the stock intake doesn't have disa, so which connectors do I need to connect there ? I can't imagine that the connectors are somewhere, unplugged just waiting for a 3stage intake manifold. Do I need to add them ?

Thank you !
It's exactly that - there are 2 connectors just sitting there, capped, next to the intake manifold. They are very very obvious. There are a bunch of videos/articles that show you how to install this - please do a bit of digging and prepare yourself. That should always be the first thing you do before taking on any job so you make sure you have the parts you need etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
Spark365
Private
Rep
Drives: Infiniti g35

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark365 View Post

Thank you !
It's exactly that - there are 2 connectors just sitting there, capped, next to the intake manifold. They are very very obvious. There are a bunch of videos/articles that show you how to install this - please do a bit of digging and prepare yourself. That should always be the first thing you do before taking on any job so you make sure you have the parts you need etc.
Well, I did remove a 3 stage intake manifold from a canadian 323i, but never did from a 328i or 128i, so I never saw that. It's weird that BMW let the connectors there. But it's good to know, thank you !
Appreciate 0