BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-23-2022, 09:29 PM   #1
merryfrankster
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

DCT Swap into 128i - Looking for Rear End and Wiring Info

I have a 128i with N52 and 6-speed A/T which is basically a roller. I am completley new to this platform.

My plan is to bring this car back to life with a Chevy V8 LS engine and a DCT.

I am fully aware and cognizant of the expenses and difficulties of this project.

I am also aware of the resources and parts available for doing the engine swap, and for adapting a DCT to a Chevy LS, and for standalone controllers for a DCT.

But what I am not so sure about is some of the details of transplanting a DCT into a 128i.

I HAVE done some searching but not really seeing anything directly relevant to my specific situation.

I am aware that the 128i was not offered with a DCT option.

I have located a source for a N55 135i DCT drivetrain which includes the transmission, driveshaft, rear end, and rear axles, shifter, and wiring. These are some pics:

My questions for now are limited in scope to the rear end and axles. Can anyone help with this:

Can this rear end from a DCT 135i be mounted into the 128i chassis?

How about the axles - would the DCT 135i axles go in to the 128i hubs?

I am guessing that the driveshaft will probably need to be modified to make it the correct length.

Also, can anyone identify the wiring items included in the pics.

Sorry for the long-winded post. It seemed appropriate to put things in context.

Thank you in advance for any useful info.
Appreciate 0