09-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #243
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc View Post
Thats is not at all what I meant. I provided the information simply to say while we know it happens, it may be even more ubiquitous than we think!
Gotcha. The whole "reality check" thing implied that we were oblivious. It's all good.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #244
M1socal
Registered
Rep
Drives: M1

CBS 2 wants to get with you on this today if possible and do a followup story
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #245
branson
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Urgent Media Request

I'm a reporter from CBS2/KCAL 9 news and I'm trying to reach icasio! We'd love to do a follow up story with you to let people know and to hold the dealer accountable.

Please contact me at sbranson@cbs.com ASAP!

Thanks!!!
Serene
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #246
BuddhaPilot
Swollen Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BSM Z4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrocks4u View Post
How did the OP know this is his car?
...starting with page 1
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #247
madmanhiker
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
+1 to this...Just think, you probably own the most famous 1M.
actually... I think this guy get's that prize:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=562215

Either way, I'm jealous of your new 1M. It's a privilege to even own one, stay safe out there!!!
      09-07-2011, 09:14 PM   #248
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Def Not Leo Dicaprio View Post
eh i dont see the big deal, its an M its nothing that we dont do when we test drive them - heck when i test drove both dct and manual i red lined em both on the on ramp - now if they were doing donuts and such ok id be pissed, get your 10k back and let it rest. i abuse my m3 everyday thing likes the abuse it gets better.
See, the thing is, many of us have opted to purchase this car without the ability to test drive one...simply because they are not available. So for them to "test drive" it without the intention of buying it, specially while knowing they are violating break-in protocol is beyond unethical in the eyes of many!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #249
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
There is not such thing as a "violation" of warranty if an owner drives his new BMW past the "recommended break in" rpm.

Have you heard of any car owner who has had their warranty denied because they didn't abide to the recommended break in in the owners manual?
I haven't.
If you have, post verifiable evidence for such an event.

In California, given that cars publicity it might be worth even more than other 1M's.
You may be right, like I said, just adding an argument.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 10:08 PM   #250
jfly77
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadiguy View Post
I also bought a car, sight unseen, just over 80k cash. When I picked it up, it had almost 100 miles on it. When I asked, they said "factory testing", "driving around the lot". I was excited, so I took it home and didn't listen to my better judgement.

Once home I noticed spilt liquid in the cup holders, dirt all over the bottom of the car and tire scuffs on the inner wheel well. I was not happy.

It took a few months, but GM finally cut me a check directly (not the dealership) under a voluntary buyback. I just drove it back to the dealership and picked up the check written from GM. The End.

All I had was photos of scuffs and dirty cup holders - you have a full video of two kids breaking laws on public roads.

Good Luck !
wow, good for you .. agree this is a really interesting thread especially when I learned of the video from bmwblog before seeing this thread. Hopefully he sees your post. hmmm 80k, GM, im thinkin Vette.

Last edited by jfly77; 09-07-2011 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: missing intended context
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #251
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

how did you know it was your to be car? there is nothing in the video like the VIN number...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #252
jfly77
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwin View Post
Those who took Euro delivery and ragged it out was their decision.. The guy here probably wanted his car to be babied and him to drive it the way he wants. How would you feel if you are about to go on a date with a girl and her roomate who is a guy decided to "test drive" her prior to your date. Would you be cool with that?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #253
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

Co's BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfly77 View Post
wow, good for you .. agree this is a really interesting thread especially when I learned of the video from bmwblog before seeing this thread. Hopefully he sees your post. hmmm 80k, GM, im thinkin Vette.
I Jfly77 looks like you will be getting yours well before I get mine and I'm thinking about picking it up at that dealership. I'll be excited to see what your experience is. Also to everyone..... would it be totally unreasonable to request that the owner be in the car for the test drive. I'm thinking about asking for that after reading this thread......
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #254
jfly77
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
I Jfly77 looks like you will be getting yours well before I get mine and I'm thinking about picking it up at that dealership. I'll be excited to see what your experience is. Also to everyone..... would it be totally unreasonable to request that the owner be in the car for the test drive. I'm thinking about asking for that after reading this thread......
Oct 1st-ish woot!

Hope this guy posts the outcome after legal turns him loose again
and doesnt leave us hanging.. although with all the reporter hooks
that dropped into this thread stream we'll probably hear about it on the news before reading it here.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #255
Terwyn
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S JCW

I hope the dealership gets what's coming to them because they have been nothing but D*CKS to me whenever I am over their. Give them hell.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 03:57 AM   #256
Valmont
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe, Alpine White

IMO, what will happen in this situation.

The story has gone pretty big and the dealership name has gone to shits. So if the owner of the dealership is going to be smart about this one, is trying to have it settled out of court. Give you the 10K back with the extended warranty.

If the dealership and BMW headquarters has an agreement saying that situations like this may result in losing dealership rights, then you might win yourself a new car courtesy of the dealership because BMW doesn't want the bad publicity either.

2 Things are certain...

a) you will get compensated for sure
b) it will not go to court
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:27 AM   #257
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Customer satisfaction is worthless, Customer loyalty is priceless!

Bless their little dealership hearts.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #258
littleyellowm3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MR E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Sigh, the public is so ridiculously misinformed about cars. This stuff is laughable. A lawyer, really?

I personally know some of the best engine builders in the world who build F1 engines, I race semi-professionally, I've worked for Indycar teams. The way your car was driven was actually pretty close to how you'd want the car's first few miles to be in a perfect world. The tech's did you a favor and probably increased the power output of your engine in the long run. You want the engine to rev in the first few miles for a few minutes.

They offered to pay you thousands of dollars for breaking your car in like a racing car is broken in.
Big difference between F1 & Indy racing engines and a consumer engine. Racing engines are engineered and built with immediate use and short lives in mind.

The original user of the animated Bert and Ernie avatar. Except no substitutes.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #259
goto35
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 12 m3 cars in 14 years :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by branson View Post
I'm a reporter from CBS2/KCAL 9 news and I'm trying to reach icasio! We'd love to do a follow up story with you to let people know and to hold the dealer accountable.

Please contact me at sbranson@cbs.com ASAP!

Thanks!!!
Serene
I knew your name sounded familiar!

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...schemic-attack
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 12:20 PM   #260
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
holy crap...you're right!!! that story was everywhere...i felt so bad for her!!

If it's really you Serene (because there are people that troll forums all the time)...I think we can safely say that we're all so happy to see that you're better and doing what you do best! You handled yourself with complete professionalism considering what happened.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #261
fourtailpipes
Major
Rep
Drives: the ladies crazy

how hot would it be to see her rip 'em a new one on live tv!? i hope this story happens!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #262
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
1) it is irrelevant that he paid over sticker

2) it was sold to him and then taken for a joy ride and NOT disclosed

3) no one will ever know what the techs did to the car that is not on the video

4) only the owner should drive it like this, and, yes, it was meant to be driven hard and fast but not by dealership employees after it was sold to a customer
+1
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #263
AudiA4Turbo22
Registered
Rep
Drives: 03 A4 2.0 Stroker GT3076R

I joined this forum to say how sorry I am to hear that your brand new car was mistreated prior to your purchase. Furthermore, the dealer kept that little shenanigan as their own little secret during the sale. As far as the dealer is concerned, they are 100% at fault and can't defend themselves in court. Reason being, they are accountable by LAW to DISCLOSE everything about the car at the time of sale and must disclose the little "joyride" with all potential buyers. The fact that they did NOT do this, but rather left it for the media to disclose makes points the blame on them even more. The fact of the matter is, the techs at the dealership should NOT even be driving the car to begin with. The car is to be transported solely into the showroom or onto the lot and then it becomes the responsibility of the salesmen/saleswomen to accompany you on a test drive if permitted of course. The fact that they don't allow test drives on a car like this makes sense, Mercedes does the same with AMG's(some dealers allow it, but you have to be serious). The dealerships are getting a VERY limited number of these cars and are paying a premium to the manufacturer to have these babies in house. The "No Test Drives" rule is put in place for non-potential buyers whom visit the dealership solely to try and take the car for a spin. Also, the dealer knows that these performance cars are aimed for enthusiasts and enthusiasts want unmolested cars. So, not to veer off the topic here, here is my suggestion:

I suggest you ask the dealer to purchase the car back for the full purchase price of what you paid and in turn you will not pursue more media coverage and allow the story to die down. Dealerships are not easy to work with so you must remind them about how much their sales are going to suffer even more so in this terrible economy if the media starts to air this story more and more frequently NATIONWIDE. You may want to hire an attorney if you don't feel comfortable.

I would get my money back and buy another 1M from another dealership. If you search a little bit I'm sure you'll be able to find a dealership(maybe in another state) that has less of a markup.

Regardless of what you choose to do, I'm very sorry to hear about this, it is every enthusiast's worst nightmare. I wish you the best of luck and hopefully it all works out in your favor.

-Kirk
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 06:45 PM   #264
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

Yep,just go find another one... No big deal....

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0