06-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #463
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
I will drive it like i stole it........................................Nah just kidding i have bought a new set of fluffy gloves to shower it in TLC already

3 more days to go !!!
hahaha superb
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #464
Joer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M

Guys, I've added a few more photos at eh beginning and end.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531780

If you want to order the stickers:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...light=stickers

Last edited by Joer; 06-28-2011 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Wrong link!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 08:09 AM   #465
8mjg
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ferrari f430+ 1 m on order

is there a servicing pack on the 1m? My dealer is still trying to find out the cost, although he has quote the normal 1 series service pack price at the moement i think the one which relates to the 135i which is 300ish but said it may change but is not sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #466
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mjg View Post
is there a servicing pack on the 1m? My dealer is still trying to find out the cost, although he has quote the normal 1 series service pack price at the moement i think the one which relates to the 135i which is 300ish but said it may change but is not sure.
Yes there is a service pack for the 1M and the cost is £400.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 08:25 AM   #467
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Still trying to get £600 back off my dealer!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #468
Denso
Lieutenant Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: e46M3 Ruby, Porsche Cayman GT4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Still trying to get £600 back off my dealer!
Mark really, a quck call to BMW UK is needed. Mine already refunded it and i dont even have the car yet !

Start the flight home tomorrow night, roll on Saturday morning 10:00 when i finally get to take delivery.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 08:36 AM   #469
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
Mark really, a quck call to BMW UK is needed. Mine already refunded it and i dont even have the car yet !

Start the flight home tomorrow night, roll on Saturday morning 10:00 when i finally get to take delivery.
Well that is what they said they would do!

Not long to go mate!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #470
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

1200 mile service completed today with all the right oils. Senior technician did the work at Coopers Tunbridge Wells. All covered under the £400 5 year service plan.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #471
andrewjbrady
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Delurk time, I guess.

I've got a BSM 1M ordered since January, due for in mid July. Going to 1M from E60 M5. Previous car before that was BSM 135i.

M5? Thought I needed a bigger car when my second son came along but I've now realised I was wrong all along as my wife is getting along quite nicely with both kids in the back of 120d coupe (4-up to south of France was easily doable). I don't regret M5 although the relatively quick change is not good on the bank balance. NB All those comments in the other thread about versus Caymen and Evora: of course, for some of us, 4 seats are very relevant.

Fantastic forum. Respect to everyone taking part. Not once have I regretted putting in the order after a daily fix right here. Want up-to-the-minute accurate info? This forum is way ahead of most dealers.

The only thing I need to sort out is the £400 servicing. I didn't order it with the car and my dealer has only so far offered me the standard £1000 offer which I don't think is good value.

First and only question. I haven't seen this answered in other threads. Does the inclusive servicing need to be ordered from the supplying dealer or can you go to whichever dealer you like. I guess anyway you can use any franchised dealer you like for the servicing? I don't know why BMW UK don't alter the information on bmw uk web site to make it clear about the 1M service inclusive costs? I understand from the web that the servicing can be ordered any time up until the first service (or within 6 weeks of delivery).

PS, if anyone is at Goodwood tomorrow, say hi to the idiot with his tongue stuck on the 1M. I'll check there about the servicing if I can find someone with the right knowledge.

Andy
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 05:16 PM   #472
Joer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjbrady View Post
Delurk time, I guess.

I've got a BSM 1M ordered since January, due for in mid July. Going to 1M from E60 M5. Previous car before that was BSM 135i.

M5? Thought I needed a bigger car when my second son came along but I've now realised I was wrong all along as my wife is getting along quite nicely with both kids in the back of 120d coupe (4-up to south of France was easily doable). I don't regret M5 although the relatively quick change is not good on the bank balance. NB All those comments in the other thread about versus Caymen and Evora: of course, for some of us, 4 seats are very relevant.

Fantastic forum. Respect to everyone taking part. Not once have I regretted putting in the order after a daily fix right here. Want up-to-the-minute accurate info? This forum is way ahead of most dealers.

The only thing I need to sort out is the £400 servicing. I didn't order it with the car and my dealer has only so far offered me the standard £1000 offer which I don't think is good value.

First and only question. I haven't seen this answered in other threads. Does the inclusive servicing need to be ordered from the supplying dealer or can you go to whichever dealer you like. I guess anyway you can use any franchised dealer you like for the servicing? I don't know why BMW UK don't alter the information on bmw uk web site to make it clear about the 1M service inclusive costs? I understand from the web that the servicing can be ordered any time up until the first service (or within 6 weeks of delivery).

PS, if anyone is at Goodwood tomorrow, say hi to the idiot with his tongue stuck on the 1M. I'll check there about the servicing if I can find someone with the right knowledge.

Andy
Congrats and welcome Andy!

I contacted the BMW dealership in Milton Keynes after as7920 posted they were offering the 1M service pack for £400. They wouldn't sell it to me. However the dealership I bought from matched it anyway.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #473
Boxercup
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewjbrady View Post

First and only question. I haven't seen this answered in other threads. Does the inclusive servicing need to be ordered from the supplying dealer or can you go to whichever dealer you like. I guess anyway you can use any franchised dealer you like for the servicing?
Andy
Welcome Andy

I had exactly the same issue. Your dealer is wrong and is reading the 'idiots guide to M servicing costs'.

However, your supplying dealer is the only one who can offer you the inclusive package - specifically from the sales dept rather than the service dept - ironically.

So, speak to BMW UK customer service, tell them your best mate (me) used another dealer and is paying £400.00. They will contact your sales manager and ask them to check their pricing which always results in the drop to £400.00.

In the unlikely event of still not getting the right price you may need to quote my dealer and other details and in which case, just PM me, I'll be happy to help.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:14 AM   #474
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

D-day is getting slowly nearer. Firstly a few thanks:

As7920 many many thanks for Clysdale Bank suggestion. You've saved me loads and they were able to work out what exact APR BMW were charging... Too much!

Next, still waiting to get confo of servicing from my chap but car not here yet so can wait.

Finally has anyone considered getting the car wrapped? A colleague recommended getting it done using Paintshield in Peterborough. Not a cheap process but I'm tempted by the stone chip protection. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 03:42 AM   #475
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by npg View Post
Rang dealer today should have build date by this friday (fingers crossed),hope you are all enjoying your cars.
Did you manage to get your build date confirmed?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 06:31 AM   #476
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Apparently UK dealers received an email this morning stating that there were 49 cars left available to order!

Hopefully I'll hear about my build slot early next week!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 06:52 AM   #477
kmpowell
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
As7920 many many thanks for Clysdale Bank suggestion. You've saved me loads and they were able to work out what exact APR BMW were charging... Too much!
A note of caution here. Clydsdale Bank offer a "Lease Purchase with Balloon" scheme, it is not a "PCP". This means that the Balloon is NOT a guaranteed future value. APR may be around 7%, but if you haggle BMW will give you an APR of a as low as 8.5%, which is a small price to pay for the GFV IMO.
      07-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #478
mrjersey
Dreaming
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Apparently UK dealers received an email this morning stating that there were 49 cars left available to order!

Hopefully I'll hear about my build slot early next week!!
Places my order on Sunday so I hope one of these will be for me! I was told I should get confirmation today or tomorrow so I have my fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #479
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Saw a BSM 1M today at my dealers whilst dropping mine off for 1200 mile service.

Anyone on here?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 01:34 PM   #480
npg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBuer View Post
Did you manage to get your build date confirmed?
Sorry for the late reply rang dealer on friday afternoon still no build date can't believe taking this long,maybe i'm abit impatient to get the car,does any one know how the procedure works and how long you should wait for build date.Dealer says should get car by september here's hoping.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #481
edwardio
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW 1M COUPE

hi peeps...got my 1200 mile service done and dusted today...picked my baby up and couldnt wait to finally take it above 5k rpm etc etc...the car feels great and i cant believe how much this thing moves down the road...totally love it...ive added a pic for those interested.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #482
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

[QUOTE=npg;9956813]Sorry for the late reply rang dealer on friday afternoon still no build date can't believe taking this long,maybe i'm abit impatient to get the car,does any one know how the procedure works
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 05:18 AM   #483
Turbo Power
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

[QUOTE=ChrisBuer;9961789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by npg View Post
Sorry for the late reply rang dealer on friday afternoon still no build date can't believe taking this long,maybe i'm abit impatient to get the car,does any one know how the procedure works
I can understand your frustration, I myself am in the same predicament.
I placed my order in May and was told approximately 3 weeks later that my 1M would be delivered middle of August. It's incredibly frustrating but I still have not been given a build date.
      07-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #484
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Sorry, I've no idea what happened to my last post but I was trying to update it on my iPhone, so something obviously went wrong.

Right, after speaking with my dealer yesterday, the current situation as I understand it is this:

- With the new 1 Series coming into production, there were "updates" required to the production line at the factory. Whilst these updates were taking place, BMW were not booking or confirming any further build dates for the 1M until the work had been completed.

- My dealer informed me that BMW UK are now (as at Monday this week) beginning to go through all of the UK orders and allocating them build dates.

- I'm reliably informed that I should hear back between Monday and Wednesday next week (11th-13th July) as to what my build date will be.

- As at Monday this week (4th July), an email went around to dealers stating that there were 49 cars left available to order. Therefore, anyone that has ordered are now only waiting for their build date to be confirmed, rather than waiting to hear whether they have actually secured one of the 450 UK cars.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0