BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #1
UB2SLOW
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Performance Steering Wheel V2 Issues

Hey all,

I purchased a used V2 BMW Performance Steering Wheel recently and installed it in my 135i (M-Sport), including the retrofit harness. As of now, the steering wheel lights up when I insert the key and I see "BMW Performance" on the LCD, but after that, it goes black. I attempted long/short pressing the buttons according to the manual to enter the setup menus, but nothing seems to wake the wheel, only initial start.

Today I took it to the dealer, they futzed with it for four hours and came up with the same as me... initial start brings the wheel online, then it goes dark. I have a feeling they knew just about as much as me about the wheel.

Any ideas what might be the issue (or user error)? We're getting power. The CAN wires are good as I've checked them multiple times (blue/red to pin 1, red to pin 2 in the junction box). The only thing I could think to check again (for the 3x+ time) is the retrofit socket going to the steering column. But before I do that again, I'd like to see if anyone had a photo of the wires for that socket. I installed them (pin 1 - 6) in the same order that they were previously in.

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 10:57 PM   #2
Shadow125
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M Black Sapphire 2012

Mine does the same thing every time I turn it on, after everything goes blank, have you tried holding down the left and right buttons at the same time until it turns on ? (normally around 5sec)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #3
scoopy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30 320d

Where did you tap the brown and green wires
Appreciate 0