BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-14-2021, 06:12 PM   #1
Felipekv
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i, audi s4 b8, jeep srt

Thread has to be deleted-will be re posted in the n55 section

Hello fellas, hope you are doing well, certainly you are and more than me..

I've just came from the workshop (an indie very recommended), because I wanted to check the valvetronic, as you probably know we suffer from issues and my case was not the exception, I have the CEL 2E0F (valvetronic deactivated) in my 135 n55 2013, so I asked to the workshop to check it, they said me that the CEL keept appearing, so they tried to calibrate the valvetronic with a launch scanner, the car didn't responded at all to the cycles, the RPMs didn't moved at all, noting happened, the old CEL stayed but also a new CEL (can't remember the code but something related to misalignment) appeared, they recommend me to come next week in order to use the official scanner and check what was wrong... But here comes the worst part....

I leaved the workshop and the car had no power, the rpm increased and increased but without getting faster and neither shifting ( in that exact moment i knew that i was totally f#&ed) ... After some driving the car just went to safe mode and I stoped at the middle of the highway almost praying to not be crashed... I turned off and on the engine, it started, I went back to the workshop office, they tried to calibrate again the valvetronic without sucess, we went together to check the car, which appeared to be better, but again, the power loss is significant... So I left the car hoping that my workshop discover what happened.

Considering that

1- My valvetronic doesnt make any weird noise, the car was pulling good before but with a CEL (valvetronic deactivated)
2- Even that they tried twice to calibrate the valvetronic it couldn't be done, there was no rpm fluctuations during the process

What do you think guys?, I'm really worried about all of this.

Really appreciate your support

Felipe

Last edited by Felipekv; 07-14-2021 at 08:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 07:05 PM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipekv View Post
Hello fellas, hope you are doing well, certainly you are and more than me..

I've just came from the workshop (an indie very recommended), because I wanted to check the valvetronic, as you probably know we suffer from issues and my case was not the exception, I have the CEL 2E0F (valvetronic deactivated) in my 135 n55 2013, so I asked to the workshop to check it, they said me that the CEL keept appearing, so they tried to calibrate the valvetronic with a launch scanner, the car didn't responded at all to the cycles, the RPMs didn't moved at all, noting happened, the old CEL stayed but also a new CEL (can't remember the code but something related to misalignment) appeared, they recommend me to come next week in order to use the official scanner and check what was wrong... But here comes the worst part....

I leaved the workshop and the car had no power, the rpm increased and increased but without getting faster and neither shifting ( in that exact moment i knew that i was totally f#&ed) ... After some driving the car just went to safe mode and I stoped at the middle of the highway almost praying to not be crashed... I turned off and on the engine, it started, I went back to the workshop office, they tried to calibrate again the valvetronic without sucess, we went together to check the car, which appeared to be better, but again, the power loss is significant... So I left the car hoping that my workshop discover what happened.

Considering that

1- My valvetronic doesnt make any weird noise, the car was pulling good before but with a CEL (valvetronic deactivated)
2- Even that they tried twice to calibrate the valvetronic it couldn't be done, there was no rpm fluctuations during the process

What do you think guys?, I'm really worried about all of this.

Really appreciate your support

Felipe
Sorry you are in the 1M coupe forum which is very small and the 1M has a different motor. N54 not N55. You will have better luck in regular 1 series forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 08:35 PM   #3
Felipekv
Rep
Drives: Bmw 135i, audi s4 b8, jeep srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Sorry you are in the 1M coupe forum which is very small and the 1M has a different motor. N54 not N55. You will have better luck in regular 1 series forum.

Sorry matte ill try to delete the post and put it in the n55, my bad
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 06:40 PM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipekv View Post
Sorry matte ill try to delete the post and put it in the n55, my bad
Don't worry about it, no harm done. Just didn't want you to start wondering why no one answering your call. Sorry you are having issues! All the best and hope they N55 guys can help you out over there!

cheers.
Appreciate 0