BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-25-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
ripface
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

Now I'm in trouble ......

Hey Peeps,

I wanted to surprise my wife by "enhancing" her E87 with an iPod module so that she could dispense with all the CDs littering the footwells. Picked up a Connect2 iPod unit that just plugs into the back of the radio. What could be simpler ....

Despite much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I had to give up. It appears that the Connect2 will only work if you already have a CD autochanger fitted to the car as it works as a replacement. Fudge!!

I removed said device, and returned the car to normal. All working ok? Ooops!! No, we now get no warning beeps from the PDC ... front or rear!!

As part of the procedure to fit the Connect2, I did try coding in a CDC by adding "$672" to the CAS and FRM and performing an SG_RESET. I expect that this has had some unforseen and unwanted symptom. I reverted the change by removing the "$672" from both modules and trying SG_RESET again. No Joy!!

Still no sound from the PDC. The sensors are all working fine, as you can feel them clicking. The PDC switches on in reverse, and even the manual button seems to work ok as it too switches on the sensors. No errors from my iCarsoft OBDC diagnostic. Only problem is the lack of warning beeps.

Can anyone please help?? What do I need to do to return my wife's E87 to normal!!!

Thanks,
Ripface
Appreciate 0