BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #1
zia1er
Rep
Drives: G01 X40i, E24 M6

FS: OEM Halogen Lights with Morimoto Bulbs

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
I just installed DEPO headlights so I am selling the original halogen from my 128i. They have morimoto low beam bulbs that are very bright. They could probably use a cleaning. $150+shipping.

Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 09:09 PM   #2
Certified Amateur
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Erratically

PM Sent
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 05:56 PM   #3
Certified Amateur
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Disappointed

Sadly am disappointed with this transaction. I'm disappointed in the condition of the headlights and I'm disappointed in the seller.

Specifically:
1. Headlights are cloudy and discolored. Severely.
2. One headlight has a tab broken off.
3. The rear covers have been modified apparently to allow clearance for larger low-beam bulbs. The modification of the covers left gaping holes in them which are plainly visible to the naked eye.
4. The turn signal bulbs/sockets are missing. That on its own is certainly not a deal breaker, but one must ask oneself, if I'm selling headlights that are missing bulbs and bulb sockets should I mention it to prospective buyers?

A. Upon contacting seller with my concerns, seller stated that he disclosed a broken tab. He did not!
B. Seller claims the modified covers were disclosed and are sealed. It wasn't and they plainly, visibly are not.
C. These lights would need to be professionally reconditioned for the lenses to be usable. They are cloudy and discolored- the white/grey ribbon at the top appears yellow. Seller stated in his listing "they could probably use a cleaning" which is one of the most optimistic statements imaginable when the lights are viewed in person.
D. Seller agrees to accept return, it's my contention that there should be no cost to me for shipping as the reason for return is clearly not a choice that I'm making, but is made a necessity by seller's failure to disclose material damage, modification, missing parts and wow- the lenses on these look horrible!
E. Seller agreed to take them back leaving me with shipping cost both ways. I told the seller "If I had changed my mind then I would take responsibility and send them back to you. But these are not as advertised. I will blast you on the forum for selling garbage with undisclosed damage or you are taking them back, shipping at your expense." To which he responded "I'm an attorney dumbass. Do anything libelous or make threats and I'll sue your ass so fast. "

I'd ask the forum/community to give their honest assessment of the situation. And of course if I made a threat or did anything libelous I'd take my medicine.
Appreciate 0