BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #1
CycleVIN
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i w/ iDrive

ABS DSC Brake Lights On Dash in Yellow

Hello all,

I'm not sure if this is in the correct section, please let me know if I need to move it. I just picked up a 2009 135i w/ iDrive and it is showing two codes in the DSC system; 5DD2 & 5DD0: "DSC Hydraulic Unit Adjustment (Valves)" on my foxwell nt520 pro.

I tried to calibrate the Steering Angle Sensor and then the DSC sensor in that order, but the codes are still there. From looking around on the forum, I think I might have performed that procedure in the wrong order. Should I try calibrating the DSC sensor first and then the Steering Angle Sensor?

The only noticeable symptoms are that the car is almost in limp mode at higher RPM's, but other than that everything else seems to be working great. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
CycleVIN
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i w/ iDrive

Update: I installed a new battery and tried registering it with the foxwell but it wouldn't work so I returned it. Took it to the Indy shop down the street (German Autowerke in Oceanside, CA) and he was able to get the trifecta off within a few seconds after registering the new battery to the ECU. Still had no boost and was in limp mode, luckily he was able to reprogram the module and boost was returned.

However, under moderate to WOT acceleration, there was a heavy misfire that would start with the SES Light coming on and going on to a CEL for Misfire CYL 1 if pushed hard. I decided to open up the airbox and found a bunch of sand and a really dirty air filter (bought it from an auction in the desert) so I swapped it out and there was a huge improvement.

There was still a small shudder at moderate acceleration, WOT was fine, but not enough to throw a CEL or even an SES light. I swapped out the Ignition Coils with Delphi GN10571's and the issue seems to be fully resolved now. This forum was a great place to help diagnose and wanted to update anyone who may also be experiencing this issue.

Appreciate 0