BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-24-2019, 06:49 PM   #243
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Not afraid to go out on a limb.

I'm thinking Joe says 'I don't need this shite' and pulls the ejection seat before the new year.
      06-24-2019, 08:27 PM   #244
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

I'm thinking Joe says 'I don't need this shite' and pulls the ejection seat before the new year.
A man with a brain would...Uncle Joe doesn't have one. He is in it for the long haul and he may even win but you have to only be amazed how the quest for power drives some people. Including Trump
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:04 PM   #245
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

I am thinking you may be right about that. Who needs it.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:05 PM   #246
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
A man with a brain would...Uncle Joe doesn't have one. He is in it for the long haul and he may even win but you have to only be amazed how the quest for power drives some people. Including Trump
Your village is missing an idiot.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #247
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Right now - Biden still holds the lead as being the Democrat Nominee - and he is in first place by more than double the second place person - Elizabeth Warren.
Attached Images

06-25-2019, 09:04 AM   #248
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Right now - Biden still holds the lead as being the Democrat Nominee - and he is in first place by more than double the second place person - Elizabeth Warren.
Why is HRC even on the board? What poll even includes her?

The woman is like herpes. Just keeps popping up again and again.
Appreciate 5
MKSixer15581.50
Poiseuille3164.00
Run Silent12348.50
DonaldPump6083.00

06-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #249
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
My formerly professional opinion on Biden: Not electable.

Too much baggage and too many easily targeted soft points.

1. The Creepy Uncle Joe thing is real. It is and has been an open secret for decades. Not of the same magnitude but the feel of Harvey Weinstein..."everyone knows, it's just crazy Uncle Joe, no big deal."

2. The Obama legacy. Automatic turn off to 35% of the electorate.

3. Decades on The Hill which which goes to the too much baggage and too many easily targeted soft points.

4. Questionable and big flip-flop statements regarding abortion, family, blacks, etcetera.

5. Old White Guy though a Democrat. Currently under attack even from their own media sycophants.

6. Can't get the guy with whom he worked for 8 years to endorse him. That says it all.

Mark me down. Biden, unelectable.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent12348.50
DonaldPump6083.00
arkie6348.00

06-25-2019, 09:21 AM   #250
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post

The funny thing is that she is currently outpacing Corey Booker.

06-25-2019, 09:55 AM   #251
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post

But remember if he makes the Dem ticket. None of that matters..they still vote for him.
Appreciate 2
      06-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #252
gjm120
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
But remember if he makes the Dem ticket. None of that matters..they still vote for him.
I actually hope he makes it. if Trump puts his foot in it a bit too much or things beyond his control go wrong, I'd rather have Biden in instead of any of the others. Hopefully he'll move up to women of legal age and just be a repeat of Clinton as far as scandals go.

06-25-2019, 10:31 AM   #253
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:

The funny thing is that she is currently outpacing Corey Booker.
That's gotta sting.

It's like those weird situations where a candidate dies just before the election and there's no time to reprint ballots. I always feel bad for the opponent when they end up pulling in less votes than a dead dude.
Appreciate 2
Run Silent12348.50
MKSixer15581.50

06-25-2019, 11:38 AM   #254
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
That's gotta sting.

It's like those weird situations where a candidate dies just before the election and there's no time to reprint ballots. I always feel bad for the opponent when they end up pulling in less votes than a dead dude.
I have no doubt that if more elections ended up this way we'd have better government. I'm not joking.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2019, 07:25 PM   #255
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:

1. The Creepy Uncle Joe thing is real. It is and has been an open secret for decades. Not of the same magnitude but the feel of Harvey Weinstein..."everyone knows, it's just crazy Uncle Joe, no big deal."

2. The Obama legacy. Automatic turn off to 35% of the electorate.

3. Decades on The Hill which which goes to the too much baggage and too many easily targeted soft points.

4. Questionable and big flip-flop statements regarding abortion, family, blacks, etcetera.

5. Old White Guy though a Democrat. Currently under attack even from their own media sycophants.

6. Can't get the guy with whom he worked for 8 years to endorse him. That says it all.

Mark me down. Biden, unelectable.
He may well be unelectable but the reason for Obama's silence on point 6 is Obama wants the primaries to be an open experience for all candidates-thus the 20 we currently have. The thinking is if he came right out and endorsed Joe Biden, its game over for everyone else with a long ways to go before the democratic convention.
On another subject, Trump would not endorse Pence for 2024, so perhaps Trump picks a new running mate in 2020?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15581.50

06-27-2019, 10:02 PM   #256
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
He may well be unelectable but the reason for Obama's silence on point 6 is Obama wants the primaries to be an open experience for all candidates-thus the 20 we currently have. The thinking is if he came right out and endorsed Joe Biden, its game over for everyone else with a long ways to go before the democratic convention.
On another subject, Trump would not endorse Pence for 2024, so perhaps Trump picks a new running mate in 2020?
Makes sense but I don't agree it's a winning strategy.

How have you been doing, my friend?

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2019, 11:43 PM   #257
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Thanks for asking-you are a genuine important contributor to this forum. Quite frankly, I've been better only because my best pal unwell and getting pressure to take him for the last visit to the vet. But he ate quite a bit tonight but otherwise, its dominating if you know what I mean.

Politically, I hope to see a competent adversary to Trump emerge from the democratic candidates-I think it is still early, don't you?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15581.50

06-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #258
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Thanks for asking-you are a genuine important contributor to this forum. Quite frankly, I've been better only because my best pal unwell and getting pressure to take him for the last visit to the vet. But he ate quite a bit tonight but otherwise, its dominating if you know what I mean.

Politically, I hope to see a competent adversary to Trump emerge from the democratic candidates-I think it is still early, don't you?
I really hope your best pal gets better and thanks for the kind words. I just received word that one of my oldest friend's younger brother suddenly died from an MI at 51 years of age. Truly sad. We have a group of friends who have been together since we were as young as 3 years old. Preschool, grade school, HS, college, grad school, first and second marriages...always together always supporting each other. Those are the things that are truly important.

I just needed a break from some of the toxicity.

Please keep us posted on your best buddy. I wish both of you the best.

Appreciate 1
      06-28-2019, 11:16 PM   #259
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I really hope your best pal gets better and thanks for the kind words. I just received word that one of my oldest friend's younger brother suddenly died from an MI at 51 years of age. Truly sad. We have a group of friends who have been together since we were as young as 3 years old. Preschool, grade school, HS, college, grad school, first and second marriages...always together always supporting each other. Those are the things that are truly important.

I just needed a break from some of the toxicity.

Please keep us posted on your best buddy. I wish both of you the best.
The disharmony is toxic and I think if you are so inclined, the higher intellects can always report to funny stuff and other varieties of humor. Every once in awhile, I revert to my self and employ that defense. Its okay, coz we are not in control.

Yeah, 51 is very young and that is terrible. MI's are so fast and certain types, are tragic. To be true friends through the various stages of life is rare and death so threatening that it makes one (usually) lay awake at night. I find a calming in good old prayer for others and my family. My little buddy is still trying to follow me around and he is so loyal he won't stop but he's weak. The decline is disheartening but it has allowed me to give him the best care, and as much love as I can muster.
I hope you can find some peace, and make sure to take good care of yourself! When's the last time you had your own heart checked out?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2019, 09:45 PM   #260
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
The disharmony is toxic and I think if you are so inclined, the higher intellects can always report to funny stuff and other varieties of humor. Every once in awhile, I revert to my self and employ that defense. Its okay, coz we are not in control.

Yeah, 51 is very young and that is terrible. MI's are so fast and certain types, are tragic. To be true friends through the various stages of life is rare and death so threatening that it makes one (usually) lay awake at night. I find a calming in good old prayer for others and my family. My little buddy is still trying to follow me around and he is so loyal he won't stop but he's weak. The decline is disheartening but it has allowed me to give him the best care, and as much love as I can muster.
I hope you can find some peace, and make sure to take good care of yourself! When's the last time you had your own heart checked out?
Thanks, my friend. I just had mine checked for my birthday last year and will do so again this year. I pray multiple times a day. Especially when I'm in traffic!

Again, I'm so sorry about your little buddy. Know that you have had some great times with him and reflect on those. He's still here so enjoy every moment with him!

Have a great weekend!
MK

Appreciate 2
      06-29-2019, 10:53 PM   #261
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, my friend. I just had mine checked for my birthday last year and will do so again this year. I pray multiple times a day. Especially when I'm in traffic!

Again, I'm so sorry about your little buddy. Know that you have had some great times with him and reflect on those. He's still here so enjoy every moment with him!

Have a great weekend!
MK
Thanks MK, I am doing that and is is hard to let go.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer15581.50

07-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #262
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

When I woke this morning I recalled a brief snippet of a dream: Biden and I were in a room together, and he kept touching my face. And we BOTH knew it was wrong, but there wasn't much to be done about it. Almost like a scene from Dead Zone
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go2325.50

07-10-2019, 04:16 PM   #263
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
When I woke this morning I recalled a brief snippet of a dream: Biden and I were in a room together, and he kept touching my face. And we BOTH knew it was wrong, but there wasn't much to be done about it. Almost like a scene from Dead Zone
Tea bag?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 05:44 PM   #264
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Tea bag?
caressing with the back of his hand