BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #1
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
125
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Toronto 1er Meet (June 6th)

Hey all, just respond back if you can make it or not. Location is still TBA. If anyone knows a good spot, please feel free to suggest it!

For now, I"ll put myself on the list.

1) Garduna

*edit

Heres the offical address and info:

June 6th from 1:00pm to 3:00pm (meet and take pictures)

Kennedy and 407 GO STATION
Address: 7970 Kennedy Road, Markham, ON
Kennedy Rd. & Hwy. 7
Exit Hwy. 404 @ Hwy. 7; east to Kennedy Rd.; south to station entrance

It is west of Town and Country BMW...

Last edited by Garduna; 06-05-2009 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
M3Newbie88's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
4,054
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Hey all, just respond back if you can make it or not. Location is still TBA. If anyone knows a good spot, please feel free to suggest it!

For now, I"ll put myself on the list.

1) Garduna
I am in if the location is in Markham/Scarborough/Richmond hill...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
EDUC8ED
First Lieutenant
7
Rep
341
Posts

Drives: "Blue Majic"
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (0)

too bad you have to have a passport starting June 1st to cross the border or I would come up, not sure if Ill have one by then but I was up there last weekend though!
__________________


Montego/ Coral 135i

"Progress not Perfection"
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
M3Newbie88's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
4,054
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDUC8ED View Post
too bad you have to have a passport starting June 1st to cross the border or I would come up, not sure if Ill have one by then but I was up there last weekend though!
Oh ya right... damn.. that sucks I remember when I had a TSX and a bunch of you guys from the states come over for meets.. heck they have one this weekend and a few guys are coming down from Buffalo.. you can't just use a drives license anymore?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
bdardashti
Captain
bdardashti's Avatar
Canada
36
Rep
998
Posts

Drives: '12 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

1) Garduna
2) 1Lazybmw (if in Markham/Scarborough/Richmond Hill)
3) bdardashti

Hopefully its somewhere near York Region -- R Hill preferred but I don't mind driving a bit to get to the meet.

Cmon people a meet with 3 people and only 2 1ers is no fun! Sign up!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
M3Newbie88's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
4,054
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
1) Garduna
2) 1Lazybmw (if in Markham/Scarborough/Richmond Hill)
3) bdardashti

Hopefully its somewhere near York Region -- R Hill preferred but I don't mind driving a bit to get to the meet.

Cmon people a meet with 3 people and only 2 1ers is no fun! Sign up!!!
Ya lets make this first Toronto meet a good one..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
hot_ride
Private First Class
9
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Sounds like a good plan. A time would help narrow this one down. I'm likely out though if it falls 3-8pm...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
untouchableE82
1Addict, and Proud
Canada
65
Rep
1,024
Posts

Drives: 2008 modified 135i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to untouchableE82
lets meet up in a place with nice parking space, if you want we can do something in either leslie or hwy 7 or we can even meet up at bathurst and 16th, i own a franchise there so i can basically have the parking lot blocked off for us lol . but it all depends on time. again you can count me in on coming. im doing some serious modifications right now. hopefully all gets done by that day.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the old look: bmw performance
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299703
the new look: Widebody 135i
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...98#post7686798
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
M3Newbie88's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
4,054
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchableE82 View Post
lets meet up in a place with nice parking space, if you want we can do something in either leslie or hwy 7 or we can even meet up at bathurst and 16th, i own a franchise there so i can basically have the parking lot blocked off for us lol . but it all depends on time. again you can count me in on coming. im doing some serious modifications right now. hopefully all gets done by that day.
Wow book a parking lot damn lol.. ya man I am down for any of those locations and I am thinking maybe the early afternoon times like right after lunch so 1-3pm sort of thing?

Feed back guys feed back...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #10
bdardashti
Captain
bdardashti's Avatar
Canada
36
Rep
998
Posts

Drives: '12 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

It all sounds good! Time is perfect as well anytime perhaps after 12...

And location wise, I was taking pics of my friend's new Cobalt SS, and found a good place for that, which would probably work for us too. It was off HWY 7, across from Home Depot and Staples. There is a huge parking lot there (we won't need anymore than 5% of the space regardless of how many people show up). So its also good for taking pics if someone is interested (I would be - and the lot is empty on weekends).

Bathurst and 16th sounds good too!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
bdardashti
Captain
bdardashti's Avatar
Canada
36
Rep
998
Posts

Drives: '12 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

1) Garduna
2) 1Lazybmw
3) bdardashti
4) untouchableE82
5) hot_ride (if meet is before 3pm)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #12
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
125
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

I'm good for where ever and whenever. I"ll book time off for the meet

to get hot_ride in, lets setup a lunch then. A quick bit at around 12pm for a hr tops and cruise/photo op for another 2 hrs That way, if ppl still want to keep the meet going, they can and if they already have plans, they can proceed to those as well.

Hey untouch, if it's bathurst/16th, do u know of any good diners or lunch locals hear that area?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 12:51 AM   #13
bdardashti
Captain
bdardashti's Avatar
Canada
36
Rep
998
Posts

Drives: '12 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Come on people! 5 people in a meet one of which doesn't even have a 1er is no good!! Haha if no-one else signs up, I'm going to have to start PMing GTA people to get them to.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 01:19 AM   #14
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
125
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Ya I'm trying to recruit other fellow GTA ppl I see on the forums. START SPAMMING the love bdardashti!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 03:42 AM   #15
Saturn
Private First Class
Canada
4
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

I'll come, but my car is on order atm (Just put the deposit down today!) and won't be here until the end of July, so I'd be bringing my STi
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #16
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
125
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
I'll come, but my car is on order atm (Just put the deposit down today!) and won't be here until the end of July, so I'd be bringing my STi
That's cool man, you can ask us anything about our cars What didja get? 135i or 128i?

1) Garduna
2) 1Lazybmw
3) bdardashti
4) untouchableE82
5) hot_ride (if meet is before 3pm)
6) Saturn
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #17
Lucky1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
328
Rep
1,516
Posts

Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'll stop by if that's still okay...no 1er yet but lots of questions to ask
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #18
scorcherjf
Captain
scorcherjf's Avatar
24
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I'm not in Toronto, but I will be soon and one place I always saw nice cars was this bubble tea place north GTA called Go For Tea (www.gofortea.ca) but the lot is usually a bit crowded. Just throwing it out there!

(I'll be frequenting there often when I arrive!)
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #19
Saturn
Private First Class
Canada
4
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
That's cool man, you can ask us anything about our cars What didja get? 135i or 128i?

1) Garduna
2) 1Lazybmw
3) bdardashti
4) untouchableE82
5) hot_ride (if meet is before 3pm)
6) Saturn
135 Loaded except for Active steering, waiting for a production number so I can start tracking
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 12:25 AM   #20
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
M3Newbie88's Avatar
Canada
115
Rep
4,054
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorcherjf View Post
I'm not in Toronto, but I will be soon and one place I always saw nice cars was this bubble tea place north GTA called Go For Tea (www.gofortea.ca) but the lot is usually a bit crowded. Just throwing it out there!

(I'll be frequenting there often when I arrive!)
Yup I always see the boss's sos white porcshe and a few there.. not a good place to have a meet though, the area is to crowded. But good suggestion..

BTW everyone is welcome even if you don't own a 1 series.. just to meet people and ask questions are always good.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #21
Garduna
Brigadier General
Garduna's Avatar
Canada
125
Rep
4,011
Posts

Drives: Former 1er Sedona Red/Now S3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (3)

Never been to "Go for Tea" before. I'm usually at the Destiny on East Beaver Creek Rd/Hwy 7 or the Ten Ren near Park Drive/Hwy 7.

So how we got

1) Garduna
2) 1Lazybmw
3) bdardashti
4) untouchableE82
5) hot_ride (if meet is before 3pm)
6) Saturn
7) Lucky1

Lets try to reach double digits, 10! :P

Scorcherjf, do you visit Toronto often?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 09:56 AM   #22
scorcherjf
Captain
scorcherjf's Avatar
24
Rep
769
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Never been to "Go for Tea" before. I'm usually at the Destiny on East Beaver Creek Rd/Hwy 7 or the Ten Ren near Park Drive/Hwy 7.

So how we got

1) Garduna
2) 1Lazybmw
3) bdardashti
4) untouchableE82
5) hot_ride (if meet is before 3pm)
6) Saturn
7) Lucky1

Lets try to reach double digits, 10! :P

Scorcherjf, do you visit Toronto often?
I visit quite often but I'll be starting my masters at U of T in August.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST