BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #419
lcrain
Captain
46
Rep
865
Posts

Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M Tex View Post
I had a meeting at Energy Transfer offices.
No shit, that is where I work!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #420
Yellowceta
Private First Class
Yellowceta's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: 2011 VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Keller, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
I just wanted to drop a line to all of you in case you didn't see my thread in the Engine subforum. I recently had some hesitation issues in the mid rpm range in my middle gears. After two suggestions from other forum members to have the intake walnut blasted instead of going to the dealership, I found Sammy over in Euless. At 58,000 miles, I know that I probably have the most miles here, but it definitely shouldn't be overlooked if you are getting close to 30,000. Also, if you are looking for anything outside of a dealership, especially modifications that deal more with the engine than suspension, Sammy is definitely a great person to talk to first.

If anyone has any questions about Sammy or would like his contact information, PM or checkout the Southwest subforums over at E90 main forum. He did the cleaning for $200 and it only took 1.5 hours start to finish.
__________________
1996 Trans Am WS6 (RiP)
2002 Trans Am Collector Edition WS6 - Not Stock @ 425 rwhp
2006 VW GTi - APR Goodies - Sold
2011 1M - VO Florida pick up 11/4/11 #554 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 06:48 AM   #421
robertm
Captain
32
Rep
926
Posts

Drives: 07 Z4MC/ 11 M-sport e90 335
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: dfw

iTrader: (0)

Cool. What did he do? Chemical clean or walnut blast?

How's the car feel now?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #422
Yellowceta
Private First Class
Yellowceta's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: 2011 VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Keller, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
Walnut blast and the car feels back to normal. I didn't have the rough cold start or idle issues. I simply had hesitation issues. I was unaware the intake issues would cause the hesitation. Now to order the BMS Catch Can.
__________________
1996 Trans Am WS6 (RiP)
2002 Trans Am Collector Edition WS6 - Not Stock @ 425 rwhp
2006 VW GTi - APR Goodies - Sold
2011 1M - VO Florida pick up 11/4/11 #554 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 12:57 PM   #423
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
Albania
7803
Rep
11,601
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowceta View Post
Walnut blast and the car feels back to normal. I didn't have the rough cold start or idle issues. I simply had hesitation issues. I was unaware the intake issues would cause the hesitation. Now to order the BMS Catch Can.
since you have had a good experience.. do you mind updating us with the info on the shop beyond the name of the tech/owner, " Sammy"? ?
__________________
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car -
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #424
Yellowceta
Private First Class
Yellowceta's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
107
Posts

Drives: 2011 VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Keller, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
I believe he is a sponsor so I believe his information won't be censored if placed in a thread comment:

Sammy's Auto Services, Inc.
604 West Euless Boulevard
Euless, TX 76040
(817) 571-8400

Check this thread for Sammy's cell phone contact information which he answers the most:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=939741

I don't want to go plastering his cell number all over.
__________________
1996 Trans Am WS6 (RiP)
2002 Trans Am Collector Edition WS6 - Not Stock @ 425 rwhp
2006 VW GTi - APR Goodies - Sold
2011 1M - VO Florida pick up 11/4/11 #554 of 740
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 01:54 PM   #425
lcrain
Captain
46
Rep
865
Posts

Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (1)

Tore my knee apart skiing. Had to withdraw my spot at COTA in a month, no events for 6 months probably. Pretty bummed about it. The 1m is not the best car to own with a shredded left knee.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #426
Mnime
First Lieutenant
19
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX USA

iTrader: (0)

That really sucks. I can imagine shifting isnt easy or fun. Guess you have to let the wife drive the M for a while
__________________
Current - 2015 Cayman GTS White Borla Exhaust

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Meisterschaft, N55 mids, AFE CAI, ER Charge, Wagner IC
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #427
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
Albania
7803
Rep
11,601
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
Tore my knee apart skiing. Had to withdraw my spot at COTA in a month, no events for 6 months probably. Pretty bummed about it. The 1m is not the best car to own with a shredded left knee.
Ouch.... that is a bummer.
__________________
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car -
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 10:49 AM   #428
Mnime
First Lieutenant
19
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX USA

iTrader: (0)

Great event at COTA last weekend. I just wish there would have been two morning sessions on Sunday rather than afternoon. Great work putting everything together Mark (M3 Adjuster) and thanks for putting Judy with me on the first session. She is a great instructor and just an all around cool lady.

As for feedback - Ken O was a great for the classroom especially on day 3 when Rich came in to help out. Between the two of them I picked up a lot good stuff.

Lcrain did you make it? I thought I saw you sitting in front of me in class but never saw you again?
__________________
Current - 2015 Cayman GTS White Borla Exhaust

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Meisterschaft, N55 mids, AFE CAI, ER Charge, Wagner IC
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 02:14 PM   #429
lcrain
Captain
46
Rep
865
Posts

Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnime View Post
Great event at COTA last weekend. I just wish there would have been two morning sessions on Sunday rather than afternoon. Great work putting everything together Mark (M3 Adjuster) and thanks for putting Judy with me on the first session. She is a great instructor and just an all around cool lady.

As for feedback - Ken O was a great for the classroom especially on day 3 when Rich came in to help out. Between the two of them I picked up a lot good stuff.

Lcrain did you make it? I thought I saw you sitting in front of me in class but never saw you again?
You probably saw my twin brother lol. He drives a silver audi ttrs. Very fast car. Unfortunately I was not able to make it. Had surgery on my knee and have not even been able to operate a clutch yet. Not sure what the timeline is for that. Driving an '06 cadillac deville doesn't quite compare to the 1m but it is easy to get in and out of not to mention it is an automatic.

Glad it was a fun weekend. I know there was a possibility of rain both days. Sounds like it held off for you guys.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #430
Mnime
First Lieutenant
19
Rep
391
Posts

Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dallas, TX USA

iTrader: (0)

Seriously a twin...I did not know that. I thought you were moving a little too well to have just jacked up your knee.
__________________
Current - 2015 Cayman GTS White Borla Exhaust

Prev - AW 1M #43 USA
Meisterschaft, N55 mids, AFE CAI, ER Charge, Wagner IC
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #431
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
Albania
7803
Rep
11,601
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrain View Post
You probably saw my twin brother lol. He drives a silver audi ttrs. Very fast car. Unfortunately I was not able to make it. Had surgery on my knee and have not even been able to operate a clutch yet. Not sure what the timeline is for that. Driving an '06 cadillac deville doesn't quite compare to the 1m but it is easy to get in and out of not to mention it is an automatic.

Glad it was a fun weekend. I know there was a possibility of rain both days. Sounds like it held off for you guys.

ha! me too! I have seen both of your names in our DE registration for awhile and just assumed different people. I had met Alex before at MSR I think..

At any rate... I saw him and called him Lawson three times as he walked away, and he heard me and explained... I did see him on track in the TTRS once and he passed a car I was riding in.. ( a red Ferrari...he will remember that!) he was moving!
__________________
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car -
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 09:03 PM   #432
lcrain
Captain
46
Rep
865
Posts

Drives: e36 m3, TT-RS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnime View Post
Seriously a twin...I did not know that. I thought you were moving a little too well to have just jacked up your knee.
Indeed my twin, I am surprised you haven't met him. Knee is getting better every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
ha! me too! I have seen both of your names in our DE registration for awhile and just assumed different people. I had met Alex before at MSR I think..

At any rate... I saw him and called him Lawson three times as he walked away, and he heard me and explained... I did see him on track in the TTRS once and he passed a car I was riding in.. ( a red Ferrari...he will remember that!) he was moving!
His car is very fast, brutal acceleration with awd. His first trip to cota and it certainly left an impression.

Can't wait to get back behind the wheel of my car. New square setup sitting in the garage, which I am very excited to try.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST